NOVA Schemes ?

Hi can anyone tell me what is so good about Nova. I have been offered a job in Crick by a agency. They want me to go self employed can anyone give me advice :confused: :confused:

Sorry to be so boring,but Nova has been thrashed to death on these forums,so I would suggest you do a search for Nova,and you can gauge all the opinions that way,without the need for people to re-post.

Ken.

As Quinny says, its been done to death before. Just before you hit the search button though, i can tell you that you are a prime candidate to benefit from such a scheme, as a conractor working away from home.

However it all comes to an end in August so you’ll have to set up as a PSC. Nova can still admin this for you but you have to do a lot of the work yourself such as invoicing etc and they’re expensive compared to normal accountants.

As Conor says find an accountant they are not that expensive and will keep you on the straight and narrow.

i’m with nova & ive been with them for 3 years now with no problems at all,

164480:

Hey you, don’t come butting in here with cold hard facts!! Let us lot do a lot of guessing and gossiping first !!!

Mike-C:

164480:

Hey you, don’t come butting in here with cold hard facts!! Let us lot do a lot of guessing and gossiping first !!!

i’ll but in when ever i like best move i ever made wi nova they sort everything out for you & i just sit back & coin it all in not bad when you top line £650 & take home £580 & thats not incuding nite out money.

164480:
i’ll but in when ever i like best move i ever made wi nova they sort everything out for you & i just sit back & coin it all in not bad when you top line £650 & take home £580 & thats not incuding nite out money.

I am an employed driver, but from what I understand, Nova make a lot out of the drivers on the scheme for doing very little in return.

Much better to do it yourself with an accountant.

Top line of £650 per week? :open_mouth:

I thought agency drivers were all on £1k plus. :confused:

The ones I talk to reckon they are, anyway.

Last week I took home £621.06 including two nights out.

Think I’'l stay employed. :laughing:

164480:

Mike-C:

So what you gonna do when August comes? Stay with them?

i don’t do agency work & when august comes i’ll be a bit better off as i’ll be able to claim travelling again,i’m not sayin it’s better than being self employed off yu own back but i just can’t be bothered wi all the paper work.

Nova charge £25/wk for the pleasure of doing your paperwork.
It takes me 15 minutes a week to do my own.

It’s a no-brainer.

Only when I do weekends :laughing: :wink: :laughing: :wink:

164480:
i don’t do agency work & when august comes i’ll be a bit better off as i’ll be able to claim travelling again,i’m not sayin it’s better than being self employed off yu own back but i just can’t be bothered wi all the paper work.

Do you actually know what is happening with NOVA and NOVA style companies in August?

yes but cant tell you yet. :laughing: :laughing:

Conor:

164480:

Do you actually know what is happening with NOVA and NOVA style companies in August?

nope do tell conor :exclamation:

novaservices.co.uk/index.html

ravanoli:
Hi can anyone tell me what is so good about Nova. I have been offered a job in Crick by a agency. They want me to go self employed can anyone give me advice :confused: :confused:

If You are employed by the Company,and they would pay You over Nova You could safe some Tax,but if You do for an Agency then is it possible that they are that much short of Work during some Weeks,that You earn at last less then by working for the Company.
just IF YOU DO LEGAL

ravanoli:

I just got told that You get one £ more paid per Hour if you are Selfemployed and have your own Acountand,as the Agency cuts one£/Hour from your Pay for doing Your Accounting.
Don’t believe it really,but the Driver said he left Nova and does it now with an Accountand,which cost him £20.-/Week,and first rised the Accountand his Income. :unamused: Listens nearly to good for me

flying_fenman:

164480:

I am an employed driver, but from what I understand, Nova make a lot out of the drivers on the scheme for doing very little in return.

Much better to do it yourself with an accountant.

Top line of £650 per week? :open_mouth:

The ones I talk to reckon they are, anyway.

Last week I took home £621.06 including two nights out.

Think I’'l stay employed. :laughing:

I go back to employed too.
1.) the safety in a Company
2.) the Benefits
3.)no Taxproblem