Notifications

Ever since you changed the way quotes of posts were displayed I no longer get notifications if someone replies. Any chance you can look into/fix it please.

Have you checked your board preferences are still set correctly.

User Control Panel / Board preferences / Edit posting defaults / Notify me upon replies by default:

tachograph:

User Control Panel / Board preferences / Edit posting defaults / Notify me upon replies by default:

M1cks preferences were set to NO .

I’ve changed it now, please let me know it that’s fixed it

Denis F:

tachograph:

M1cks preferences were set to NO .

I’ve changed it now, please let me know it that’s fixed it

Dennis, I only tend to use tapatalk where all the notificatuons were on and I hadn’t been on the full web version for quite a while.
Thank you and hopefully that will have worked.
I’ve just got to find something interesting enough now for someone to quote!

m1cks:

Will this do ya :laughing:

Héraultais:

m1cks:

Will this do ya :laughing:

Thank you but it hasn’t worked :frowning:
Back to square 1. This only started when the format was changed for how quotes were displayed.

Can someone try and quote me again please.
I’ve just cleared my cache and maybe that will work.

m1cks:
Can someone try and quote me again please.
I’ve just cleared my cache and maybe that will work.

Nope, still not working.

Can someone do me a favour and send a PM. It doesn’t have to be abusive. Just so I can see if its a problem with all notifications or just notifications about where someone quotes me

PM sent.

Thank you Tachograph. Still no notification from the app, just the email saying PM recieved.

So its either a tapatalk problem of a problem that effects all notifications.

Sounds like this is a Tapatalk thing. I don’t use it but I’ve seen people complaining about the way it displays quotes after the last update. I’ve not seen any change to the way quotes are displayed on here so I think the change you are seeing is down to the app.

Coffeeholic:
Sounds like this is a Tapatalk thing. I don’t use it but I’ve seen people complaining about the way it displays quotes after the last update. I’ve not seen any change to the way quotes are displayed on here so I think the change you are seeing is down to the app.

It’s starting to look that way now. Also have other problems when selecting to mark forums as read. Suppose I’ll just have to wait for an update to fix it.
Thanks to all that helped.

Right, just got a notification that there was a reply to a subscribed thread (not a quote) so I’m now getting some notifications again.
But now, everytime I reply to any topic it automatically subscribes me to it so I get a flipping email every time someone else writes something. It’s really looking like a tapatalk issue now. Never had this many bugs and problems in the years I’ve been using it.

That’s because it was turned on in your control panel.

See the post by Dennis.

tachograph:

See the post by Dennis.

Yes i know but now every time I write a reply on any thread it auto subscribes me to it. That’s nothing to do with what dennis did.

m1cks:

tachograph:

See the post by Dennis.

Yes i know but now every time I write a reply on any thread it auto subscribes me to it. That’s nothing to do with what dennis did.

To be honest I think you’ll find it’s got everything to do with it.

Whenever I post in a thread I’m automatically subscribed to that thread, I’ve just tried turning off the email notifications at User Control Panel / Board preferences / Edit posting defaults / Notify me upon replies by default: and then posting in a thread I was not subscribed to and I was not automatically subscribed to the thread.
I’m pretty sure that to stop being automatically subscribed to every thread you post in you need to turn off the notifications mentioned above, it was only turned on to see if it would solve the problem you’re having with Tapatalk.

In over 11 years of using this board, and all the other forums I use I’ve never received notifications of posts on threads and I’ve always had the option for notifications set to ‘No’ on any of the boards. Posting on a thread has never automatically subscribed me to receive notifications so I do think it’s the latest Tapatalk update causing the problems. Countless posts on the net with people complaining of many different issues after installing the latest version.

Coffeeholic:
In over 11 years of using this board, and all the other forums I use I’ve never received notifications of posts on threads and I’ve always had the option for notifications set to ‘No’ on any of the boards. Posting on a thread has never automatically subscribed me to receive notifications so I do think it’s the latest Tapatalk update causing the problems. Countless posts on the net with people complaining of many different issues after installing the latest version.

The reason you’ve never been automatically subscribed to a thread is because you’ve had the notifications set to no, set it to yes and you will be automatically subscribed to the next thread you post in, I’ve no idea what happens if you set it to yes then post in a thread you’ve already posted in though.

Turn notifications on then start a test thread that you can delete later and try it, you won’t have to wait for email notifications you’ll see at the bottom of the page that you’re subscribed to the thread just by posting in it :wink:

This won’t solve the problem with no notifications when the OPs post is quoted, but that is a Tapatalk feature it’s not available in the control settings.

tachograph:

Coffeeholic:

The reason you’ve never been automatically subscribed to a thread is because you’ve had the notifications set to no, set it to yes and you will be automatically subscribed to the next thread you post in, I’ve no idea what happens if you set it to yes then post in a thread you’ve already posted in though.

Turn notifications on then start a test thread that you can delete later and try it, you won’t have to wait for email notifications you’ll see at the bottom of the page that you’re subscribed to the thread just by posting in it :wink:

This won’t solve the problem with no notifications when the OPs post is quoted, but that is a Tapatalk feature it’s not available in the control settings.

Yeah, I know, that’s why I have always had it set to no as I don’t want notifications on any board I’m a member of. But I’ve never randomly been subscribed to a thread with those settings which what seems to be happening to the OP on occasion s I’m sure this is to do with Tapatalk and the many issues they seems to be having with the latest update.