Notifications

As a person who knows diddly squat about computers can I ask why anyone would use Tapatalk? It’s popped up a few times asking if I want to use it. I always ignore it as I haven’t got a clue what it is, but reading this and other threads it appears to bring more problems than it solves.

the maoster:
As a person who knows diddly squat about computers can I ask why anyone would use Tapatalk? It’s popped up a few times asking if I want to use it. I always ignore it as I haven’t got a clue what it is, but reading this and other threads it appears to bring more problems than it solves.

Tapatalk is a programme for using forums on mobile phones or tablets, it’s actually quite good for what it’s intended for, but some bugs appear to have crept in during a recent update.

The latest problem in this thread is almost certainly because the OPs notifications have been turned on so now he’s getting notifications, which coincidently is the way it’s supposed to work, just a case of joining dots really :laughing:

I’m out of this one :grimacing:

I still don’t understand the point of it though Tachograph. You say it is a programme for using forums on a tablet or phone, well I use this forum via my pad or phone and don’t have Tapatalk, so in what way does it enhance or aid what I already do well without it?

Not being argumentative here, but as I say I’m not computer savvy at all so I’m genuinely curious.

Tapatalk arranges the threads and posts in such a way as to make them easier to navigate and read on a small screen than they are when using a browser on a small screen.

Here’s a screen-shot of new posts in Tapatalk, to get the navigation screen you just hit the three lines in the top left corner.

This is the navigation screen where with a touch you can easily navigate to other parts of the forum, it’s just easier on a small screen than using a web browser.

Tried tapatalk on my phone and found I prefered the normal format, and just as quick,
so don’t use tapatalk now. Judging by the ops problems, glad I went the way I did.

The other advantage of tapatalk is it uses less data if you’re on a limited data bundle.
The screenshot tachograph has posted is from the previous version I had so I definatley think all these problems are due to the recent update.
I’ve emailed the developers so will wait and see what happens.

Just as an aside, im6 no longer getting automatically subscribed to any thread I reply to but I haven’t had any updates nor changed any settings. I have had a new android update installed to lollipop? Maybe tapataln updated in preparation for the new operating software before I had installed it and this caused the problems? I still don’t get notifications when I’m quoted though.