notice periods

over 1 month but less than two years service-1 week
over 2 years service - 1 week for each complete year of service to a max of 12 weeks after 12 years service
so if ive been employed for 3+ years ive got to give 3 weeks notice :question:
im paid 2 weekly,i assumed :question: id have to give 2 weeks notice
ta

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ady1:
over 2 years service - 1 week for each complete year of service to a max of 12 weeks after 12 years service

ta

No thats what they have to give you

ady1:
ta

I thought you had a job for life, what you worried about notice periods for?

If you have no contract…■■■■ 'em. Don’t slam the door too hard on the way out! :wink:

bigvern1:
If you have no contract…[zb] 'em. Don’t slam the door too hard on the way out! :wink:

Wrong, if you’ve not got a written contract, you revert to an implied contract which is your average basic contract, 1 weeks notice, 20 days + banks hols etc.

There is no implied contract. If you want out, you get out. Even though I’m trying to be light hearted here.
But as a rule, I have never burnt a bridge. :sunglasses:

bigvern1:
There is no implied contract. If you want out, you get out. Even though I’m trying to be light hearted here.
But as a rule, I have never burnt a bridge. :sunglasses:

If you have no employment contract (which differs from particulars of employment) you are covered by statutory employment terms laid down under English and Welsh, Scottish or Northern Ireland laws.

Ta.

Rob K:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

commonrail:

Rob K:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I thought that it was a legal requirement for all employees to receive a C.O.E. after 13 weeks.

Are you starting up as an owner-driver

Rob K:

commonrail:

Rob K:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Don’t do it Ady! :grimacing:

truckyboy:
I thought that it was a legal requirement for all employees to receive a C.O.E. after 13 weeks.

It is, however a lot of smaller firms dont do them. All depends how much you want to rock the boat as well when you ask for one. Sadly its an employers market out there.

skids:

truckyboy:

It is, however a lot of smaller firms dont do them. All depends how much you want to rock the boat as well when you ask for one. Sadly its an employers market out there.

There is no requirement to issue a contract of employment at all, a verbal contract will suffice. However a written statement must be given within 2 months of starting work.

There is an example of a Written Statement at the bottom of this link.

businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/ac … ink.gov.uk

ady1:
ta

One week notice for Stobarts Ady! Because your paid 2 weekly,might be better to give them the fortnight for your wallets benefit! :wink:

Coffeeholic:

ady1:
ta

I thought you had a job for life, what you worried about notice periods for?

because jobs have started to appear in local rag,one being very local to me[never new they had a depot in town],if i can earn the same money,but no travelling time,no need to run a car it would make sense to take the job,

205:
Are you starting up as an owner-driver

no,its as a employed driver,but never say never

dessy:

ady1:
ta

One week notice for Stobarts Ady! Because your paid 2 weekly,might be better to give them the fortnight for your wallets benefit! :wink:

ta dessy