Nothing more annoying

than having to park up for a 45 break less than 10 mins from base, which is what i’m doing now. All because somebody crashed on the a12. How do people crash on a straight road! Anybody else been closer to base and had to take a break?

I got stuck on m6 a few week ago had to take a break 15min from our yard :angry: :angry:

I get paid by the hour so would happily stop 2 minutes from the yard if need be :laughing: :laughing:

Could have been worse, you might have had a crash less than 10 mins from the yard. How annoying would that be? :wink:

could of been worse still you could of been the one in the crash :wink:

The other day coming south M1 in the road works J13 to J10 there was a broken down car so i lost time
and had to come off at J9 truckstop for a 45 mins
I was only going to my yard at J8 maylands ave in hemel hempstead 10 mins a way tops :angry: :angry: :angry:

Darb:
I get paid by the hour so would happily stop 2 minutes from the yard if need be :laughing: :laughing:

But if they dont pay your breaks then you will have to spend another 45mins in the truck, no way would I stop 2 mins away from the yard to take an unpaid break, would rather spend that at home.

some people prob pull the card?? for last leg if 10mins of journey, then drive straight round the corner into a vosa checkpoint. Lol

Cruise Control:
than having to park up for a 45 break less than 10 mins from base, which is what i’m doing now. All because somebody crashed on the a12. How do people crash on a straight road! Anybody else been closer to base and had to take a break?

[zb] that [zb]. I’d have just carried on and written on the back of my tacho nowhere to stop/msa full/layby blocked/whatever/anything plausible. Too many do-gooding ‘yes’ men in this job. :unamused:

Rob K:

Cruise Control:

[zb] that [zb]. I’d have just carried on and written on the back of my tacho nowhere to stop/msa full/layby blocked/whatever/anything plausible. Too many do-gooding ‘yes’ men in this job. :unamused:

that’s why blokes like you shouldn’t be doing this job.

scotlad:

Rob K:

Cruise Control:

he doesn’t

dustylfc:
could of been worse still you could of been the one in the crash :wink:

agreed :grimacing:

If I know I wont make it, I’ll phone ahead and someone has usually met me in a van if I’m less than 30 mins away. But if all else fails, if I’m less than 10 mins away I’ll just write on the printout. I dont think there is a problem as long as u don’t make a habit of it.

stevieboy308:

scotlad:

Rob K:

Cruise Control:

he doesn’t

good

5/10 mins max from work i was running out of time, dumped it at the top of our street and walked 2 mins to home :grimacing:

Just run in ,write in card that you were desperate for a number 2 ,vosa are human and they will see you had to but dont make a habit of it.

scotlad:

Rob K:

Cruise Control:

Why not, the regulations have an APP for that. Read Article 12 :bulb:

Provided that road safety is not thereby jeopardised and to
enable the vehicle to reach a suitable stopping place, the driver
may depart from Articles 6 to 9 to the extent necessary to
ensure the safety of persons, of the vehicle or its load. The
driver shall indicate the reason for such departure manually on
the record sheet of the recording equipment or on a printout
from the recording equipment or in the duty roster, at the
latest on arrival at the suitable stopping place.

Think you’ll find that writing a plausible reason for being a few minutes over your time on back of card or printout is acceptable as long as is it isn’t a regular occurrance and isn’t for much more than 10/15mins.

Also pulling the card puts you in breach of regs; straight away so it’s always best to provide a written explanation of the minor infringement as long as you aren’t doing it everyday :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

I regulary have to pull a 45 at Woodhall services which is 45 mins from the factory which is just too far, even with any unexpected holdup, to justify not stopping but if I had reached Dewsbury, which is 8 mins from factory I would run in and make a manual entry to explain why.
One off things seem to get accepted but do it regularly and you are going to get nicked by VOSA if stopped or records checked at a later date :imp: :imp: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

bubsy06:

Darb:

But if they dont pay your breaks then you will have to spend another 45mins in the truck, no way would I stop 2 mins away from the yard to take an unpaid break, would rather spend that at home.

I get stopped 30 minutes per shift for breaks regardless of what breaks I have :smiley:

yesterday I was waiting two hours to be tipped, this was on break then later in the shift another two hours to be loaded, all booked as breaks :smiley:

Cruise Control:

You should be happy that it wasn’t weekly rest :wink: