Not what you want to hear!

I have just got on a bay at wincanton’s corby, they have just said it may take 8 hours to tip a 20ft container, the reason is low morale! what abot my pigging morale. just have to sit here and hope that their estimate is wrong. :cry:

If I called them (zb) one of the mods will edit me :laughing:

Complete & utter twoddle they are talking, none of us WANT to be at work right now but surely they could make the best of it.

Dump the truck & head East a few miles, at least we’re friendly & have more free tea & coffee than those muppets :wink:

if it needs stars it needs editing :wink: mm

Tell ya what mate put the kettle on brew up make yourself nice and comfi turn the night heater on and I bet they tip you in double quick time, me I’m sat at home with an hot toddy because I’m feeling like ■■■■ after spending three days at bloody Butlins Skegness with the great un-washed, Happy New Year,

pull you curtains tell them you pull the card and will free the bay up hen YOU feel like it as you have low moral in other words tell got stop messing about and get the thing tipped

8 hours? thats a quick tip then! :wink:

Well, still sat here, thats 3 hours & they are about half way through!! have just watched the new lion the witch and the wardrobe film, would recomend it :wink:

looks like it’s time for a kip now. I HATE INCOMPETENT WAREHOUSES!

having never done containers , how long is the customer allowed to empty a box before they start getting charged ?

smcaul:
I have just got on a bay at wincanton’s corby, they have just said it may take 8 hours to tip a 20ft container, the reason is low morale! what abot my pigging morale. just have to sit here and hope that their estimate is wrong. :cry:

is it alowed to let you stay that long through UK-Law :question:
I don’t think so,except they told you before leaving to do somethings for nightout with you,as big break doesn’t counts without propper Bed and silent around Lorry :smiley:
I know that,as Arlafood sends you a (1)Driver to change over :exclamation:
Was funny at beginning for my :unamused:
Driver phoned to run out of Time during staying by Asda
Arla had to find a (2)Driver to go by Van to take over,which needed some Time :wink:
As (2)Driver arrived took (1)Driver the Van,went to first Parking on M42 to say that 15 Hour are done :exclamation:
Arla had to find two other Driver who went with a secound Van :question:
:sunglasses: One did the (1)Driver back :smiley:
the other the Van :sunglasses:
In UK is it not allowed to let you outwards more then 15Hour,by Law,if you are not prepared for it,which isn’t,as you can’t sleep for 9Hour

Have just had another look in the back, 9 yes 9 people are there and not one of them is working! no wonder this country is in such a mess!!!

smcaul:
Well, still sat here, thats 3 hours & they are about half way through!! have just watched the new lion the witch and the wardrobe film, would recomend it :wink:

looks like it’s time for a kip now. I HATE INCOMPETENT WAREHOUSES!

thats the spirit, dont let the ■■■■■■■ know theyve bothered you, try and turn it back on them! :wink:

bigandy:
having never done containers , how long is the customer allowed to empty a box before they start getting charged ?

last job i was on it was 4 hrs for a 20ft & 5hrs for a 40 (sean youre gonna remember better tna me m8!), i know that seems senseless, but thats the way it was. then we got demmurage. but it depends i think on the firm in question.

were lucky the stuff we have coming off the train is 3hrs for a 45ft if its a double drop then if the first takes 2 hours then the second only get an hour to tip it :laughing:

3hrs for a 45’r youre cutting the job up man! :wink: :laughing:

bigandy:

Deep Sea - Usually 3 hrs for a 20ft, 4 hrs for a 40 or 45ft, flatracks/opentops etc. by arrangement.

Short Sea - Usually 2hrs for a 20ft, 3 hrs for a 40 or 45ft. Others as above. Driver assist is standard practice, so if it’s getting close on time you can get some nice backhanders by coming to some “arrangement” about who drives the forklift.

youre right luce, it’s 3 & 4 hours, ive must have got alzhimers! :wink:

Well, It took them the grand total of 6 hours. That was 7 blokes (most of the time, went up to 9 on occasion) and to make matters worse they had a conveyor belt to help them unload!!! Now there is no way it should have taken them that long - lazy does not even begin to describe that bunch today :imp: :imp:

Stick them on piece work and see how long it takes. When I was involved with containers from Tilbury to Petfoods in Melton the waiting time was around 30-60 mins, tops and tip was about 20 mins, that was empty a 20’ box, stack on pallets and into cold store.

I got a container tomorrow (friday)…Lidl at weston super duper mare…only problem is…last time i tipped at lidl…i had to unload myself…but that was in a fridge…and only a few pallets…i got 26 this time…how do they get away with that …considering every other company has to have a fork lift licence …seems drivers are exempt …i supose so long as i have my hi-viz on its ok

An easy get out is ask them to train you on every piece of equiptment they have that you will use, then make sure you DONT UNDERSTAND what they are saying and they will soon get the hint :laughing: :laughing:

CM:
to Petfoods in Melton the waiting time was around 30-60 mins, tops and tip was about 20 mins, that was empty a 20’ box, stack on pallets and into cold store.

That’s because the old bloke (Eric Dalby) who owns Asfordby Storage & Haulage (who have most of the warehousing for Petfoods) is perhaps the tightest person I have ever come across!!

Question; Is Pedigree beer made by Pedigree Petfoods?? Tastes like it!! :wink: