Not looking forward to next week

As of Friday, we’re all supposed to be wearing masks.

THIS week one can sidestep by getting the big food shop in by Thursday.
Maybe we’ll see the old “shelf clearing” going on like with the bog rolls some months back…

What happens next week though?

There’s surely going to be people milling about, trying to find the maybe one shop in four that “won’t be enforcing it”.

Alternatively, isn’t it time to STOP this utter bull?

Respiatory Disorderrs seem to have been re-labelled “Covid”. The number of people perishing from Pneumonia, Colds, Flu, Bronchitus etc. - has dropped off sharply, lending to the notion that “diagnoses have been shunted across onto death certificates to create the illusion of a pandemic” when the number of deaths from such ported-over respiratory diseases as a whole - is not significantly higher than the year’s background count, which tends to reach a peak January-April normally - how convenient.

My Grandad died of Bronchial Pnuemonia many years ago.

How many have died from that on the death certificate THIS year I wonder? STATS please!

If this whole thing is so that joint-country efforts can be aligned to all strategically declare China a pariah state all at once - then hurry up and get on with the meat of this lockdown entire purpose please!!

It’s only a conspiracy - if you keep on lying to the public “What’s all the upset and hardship really for”.
Just get on with it, get it done - and hurry up about it, before the entire country goes stir crazy!

If supermarkets “over-react” here, they will alienate millions of Customers, and end up going the way that British Airways is going - Mothballing half their stores, never to return… Who’s gonna buy “Business Premises” any time soon, that you can’t pack people into when you want to actually turn a profit?

Been doing it up here i scotland since last week.

No issues. Stick mask on do shopping remove mask when foot lands outside the door.

Noones bothered here everyone complying as far as i notice.

Whats the problem?

Also whats covid?? Kind of never bothered about it since day 1 of spanish flu death toll threats.

So, you post a video that explains how serious, for the wide population, how serious this virus is. It not only kills, but also gives long term injury to a sizable number of the survivors.
And complain about the small inconvenience of wearing a mask?
Masks are no magic cure, but if they stop even a small part of contagion by asymptomatic carriers, isn’t their use worthwhile?
If you have a medical condition meaning masks are unusable fine. Otherwise be a responsible member of our society, not a whining little snowflake protesting about your civil right to become a new Typhoid Mary.

No problem with wearing a mask if required but you are right with regards to deaths being attributed to covid when they are caused by something else. This is the reason the government has ordered an inquiry into Public Health Englands statistics, possibly resulting in the death toll being much lower.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

wrighty1:
No problem with wearing a mask if required but you are right with regards to deaths being attributed to covid when they are caused by something else. This is the reason the government has ordered an inquiry into Public Health Englands statistics, possibly resulting in the death toll being much lower.

The figures and methodologies need looking at, true.
But so far this year we have had 65,000 excess deaths, ONS figures. No dispute about that, is there?

Franglais:

wrighty1:

But so far this year we have had 65,000 excess deaths, ONS figures. No dispute about that, is there?

When you prncil every death as covid even when there wasnt evidence to support it then yes there are arguable disputes.

cgscott:

Franglais:

wrighty1:

When you prncil every death as covid even when there wasnt evidence to support it then yes there are arguable disputes.

Attributing any individual death to C19 is disputable. The same applies to undiagnosed cases.
I don’t think anyone is disputing the 65,000 figure? We can argue about whether C19 was a direct or indirect cause in any particular case, but the excess death figure stands.

NO problem with wearing a mask,been doing it for weeks now along with disposable gloves when handling a basket or trolley. In shop on. out shop off,even stopping off for a paper same procedure.
NOT WORTH THE RISK but thats down to individuals,its perhaps not you but others who are unknown carriers

I have been wearing a mask as much as possible from day one, I haven’t suffered from it but it does itch because of my beard. The way I look at it is if we all wear one for the foreseeable and the reinfection rates drops its better for our health and job prospects.

Cow on the checkout,at lidl… was already bossing folk about…yesterday morning.
Got the old lady in front of me,in a right old fluster.

commonrail:

Hate the so called customer service in Lidl/Aldi, refuse to shop there because of it…

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

commonrail:

The “Cow” on the checkout was most likely doing her job, and informing the old lady what she needs to do, not “bossing” folk about.
Not knowing much about Lidls customer service I can only comment on Aldis there`s nothing wrong with it. Fill your basket,get on a checkout refill your basket pay and move off fill your bags away from the checkout. any problem cashier calls the Manager sorted. No point in shopping at Aldi if you want to have a natter or your bags filled at the checkout
For me its 8 miles round trip to Aldi calling in at the paper shop for a paper and lottery on the way back,home in hour and ten,lovely no “■■■■■■■ around”

I always wear a mask when out shopping.
Maybe I go overboard but always wear disposable / pair of diesel plastic gloves from petrol station.
And it amazes me.how.many people don’t wear gloves.
As were told wash you hands a lot.more virus lives on surfaces.
So we wear a mask. Yet happy to carry a basket or push a trolley around tesco.
With out barehands.yes I know most places clean them. Supposedly but you can’t tell.
And.besy be safe than. Sorry

I feel the term “face covering” will soon lead to other things. I have a Buff (a decent quality lightweight, fashionable, and breathable snood-like thing that many bikers and outdoorsy people will be familiar with).

My bet is within a couple of weeks the H&S Gestapo around the country will be implementing their own rules, stating that to enter their premises you must have a specific Porton-Down Ebola style surgical mask. Creating even more turmoil. This is already happening with Jet2.

Rottweiler22:
I feel the term “face covering” will soon lead to other things. I have a Buff (a decent quality lightweight, fashionable, and breathable snood-like thing that many bikers and outdoorsy people will be familiar with).

My bet is within a couple of weeks the H&S Gestapo around the country will be implementing their own rules, stating that to enter their premises you must have a specific Porton-Down Ebola style surgical mask. Creating even more turmoil. This is already happening with Jet2.

Does it stop the micro drops of water you (we all) give out when breathing or talking etc? If not, isn’t it useless?
Edit, if windproof I guess it would stop everything??

Winseer:
As of Friday, we’re all supposed to be wearing masks.

What happens next week though?

There’s surely going to be people milling about, trying to find the maybe one shop in four that “won’t be enforcing it”.

Alternatively, isn’t it time to STOP this utter bull?

For once I’m in total agreement with you.

Where I am the infection rate is 1 in 10,000. Population in my town is 11,000.

There’s 3 petrol stations in the town which are open 16hrs a day

Takes 5 minutes to fuel up. There’s 192 5 minute slots in 16hrs.

The risk factor is therefore 1 in (10,000x3x192)= 5,760,000.

You’ve roughly just one chance in just under six million of being in the same petrol station at the same time as the one person in my town who may have it when you fuel up your car. If you assign a very generous in the favour of the handwringers 50/50 chance to them not wearing a mask and coughing in your direction when you’re close enough then the risk drops to 1 in 11,520,000.

So what’s happening next week for me is simple. I ain’t wearing one. The risk is so ridiculously low that it’s just a pointless comfort blanket exercise, something the government is doing so they can be seen to be doing something and it’s nothing more than pandering to the press. When we should have been having to wear them WAS FOUR TO FIVE MONTHS AGO not now. Now we should be reducing the need to be wearing them, not just starting to do so.

As for my civic duty, you can stick two fingers up to that. Nobody gave a toss about us when they were on furlough buying all kinds of crap and not just necessary stuff meaning over a million workers in the logistics sector were working instead of also being at home on furlough so why should I give a crap about the public?

Any shopping I need to do will be done online. As the only thing I need to actually buy at a retail establishment in person is fuel for the car I’ve loaded up my mobile phone with the BPMe and Esso apps so I can use those to pay when I fuel up if I don’t end up somewhere where there’s a pay at pump option. In short until the government end this then I’ll not be spending a single penny of money in my town. And I doubt I’ll be the only one as a lot of people in lockdown have been ordering online and finding that actually it’s quite easy and much better than standing in queues. Retail is going on about the death of the high street to the government but this will do more damage to the high street than any other thing possibly could. I expect to see more shops closing as a result the longer it goes on.

Aw, just when I thought shopping for something as simple as FOOD couldn’t possibly become an even more miserable experience. If supermarkets had any decency they would at least provide their customers with free masks at the store entrance.

Got to love all the snowflakes who are scared of wearing a bit of fabric on their faces. I went for the snood option, has a chargeable filter inside and it’ll be handy in winter anyway when cold

From Amazon if anyone is interested.

Pic uploaded to set off the weirdo who got upset about drivers wearing mirrored sunglasses. And no, I don’t ‘think’ I look cool, I know it, I don’t need sunglasses for that being Britain’s most swish lorryist :wink:

i use to wear a mask years ago to go to the bank, never understood why when i left the police kept turning up 5 minutes later… :smiley: :smiley:

cgscott:
Kind of never bothered about it since day 1 of spanish flu death toll threats.

So very brave, my hero.