Not looking forward to next week

Conor:

Winseer:
As of Friday, we’re all supposed to be wearing masks.

What happens next week though?

There’s surely going to be people milling about, trying to find the maybe one shop in four that “won’t be enforcing it”.

Alternatively, isn’t it time to STOP this utter bull?

For once I’m in total agreement with you.

Where I am the infection rate is 1 in 10,000. Population in my town is 11,000.

There’s 3 petrol stations in the town which are open 16hrs a day

Takes 5 minutes to fuel up. There’s 192 5 minute slots in 16hrs.

The risk factor is therefore 1 in (10,000x3x192)= 5,760,000.

You’ve roughly just one chance in just under six million of being in the same petrol station at the same time as the one person in my town who may have it when you fuel up your car. If you assign a very generous in the favour of the handwringers 50/50 chance to them not wearing a mask and coughing in your direction when you’re close enough then the risk drops to 1 in 11,520,000.

So what’s happening next week for me is simple. I ain’t wearing one. The risk is so ridiculously low that it’s just a pointless comfort blanket exercise, something the government is doing so they can be seen to be doing something and it’s nothing more than pandering to the press. When we should have been having to wear them WAS FOUR TO FIVE MONTHS AGO not now. Now we should be reducing the need to be wearing them, not just starting to do so.

As for my civic duty, you can stick two fingers up to that. Nobody gave a toss about us when they were on furlough buying all kinds of crap and not just necessary stuff meaning over a million workers in the logistics sector were working instead of also being at home on furlough so why should I give a crap about the public?

Any shopping I need to do will be done online. As the only thing I need to actually buy at a retail establishment in person is fuel for the car I’ve loaded up my mobile phone with the BPMe and Esso apps so I can use those to pay when I fuel up if I don’t end up somewhere where there’s a pay at pump option. In short until the government end this then I’ll not be spending a single penny of money in my town. And I doubt I’ll be the only one as a lot of people in lockdown have been ordering online and finding that actually it’s quite easy and much better than standing in queues. Retail is going on about the death of the high street to the government but this will do more damage to the high street than any other thing possibly could. I expect to see more shops closing as a result the longer it goes on.

Totally agree, utterly pointless exercise.

I’ve had the same disposable cloth mask for weeks, does the same job as a brand new one. If we weren’t bombarded with hysterical skitter on the press about this ‘worldwide pandemic’ would any of us even know it existed?

TheUncaringCowboy:
I’ve had the same disposable cloth mask for weeks, does the same job as a brand new one.

I hope you wash it after every use

ETS:

TheUncaringCowboy:
I’ve had the same disposable cloth mask for weeks, does the same job as a brand new one.

No, I don’t. It gets shoved in a pocket.

ETS:

TheUncaringCowboy:

Something makes me think that’s unlikely, unlikely it’s ever been washed even and can you just image the state of it!? Yuck insert throwing up emoji here

Edit- fears confirmed

TheUncaringCowboy:

ETS:

TheUncaringCowboy:

No, I don’t. It gets shoved in a pocket.

Hygiene doesn’t seem high in this posters Priorities

switchlogic:

ETS:

TheUncaringCowboy:

Something makes me think that’s unlikely, unlikely it’s ever been washed even and can you just image the state of it!? Yuck insert throwing up emoji here

A bit of blue fluff round the edges, a quick flap in the wind and she’ll be reet.

lolipop:

commonrail:
Cow on the checkout,at lidl… was already bossing folk about…yesterday morning.
Got the old lady in front of me,in a right old fluster.

The “Cow” on the checkout was most likely doing her job, and informing the old lady what she needs to do, not “bossing” folk about.
Not knowing much about Lidls customer service I can only comment on Aldis there`s nothing wrong with it. Fill your basket,get on a checkout refill your basket pay and move off fill your bags away from the checkout. any problem cashier calls the Manager sorted. No point in shopping at Aldi if you want to have a natter or your bags filled at the checkout
For me its 8 miles round trip to Aldi calling in at the paper shop for a paper and lottery on the way back,home in hour and ten,lovely no “■■■■■■■ around”

No…she’s a cow.
Telling everybody(at the top of her voice) that masks are too little,too late…and they’ve had to work 6 days a week throughout the pandemic.
Wasn’t in no rush,when she was chatting to someone she knew who was in front of the old lady.
No mask BTW.
Then the old lady asked if she could pay for 2 plants and collect them on her way out
“NO”
So,then asked if she could put them in a basket and go back round to the checkout
“NO…it damages the wheels”

■■■■■■■ cow.

That old lady sounds like an abusive nightmare! She deserves all the rudeness she gets quite frankly. Old women are always so rude.

For the simple of mind- this is a joke

wear a mask in the bank ? this time 5 months ago she would have pressed the alarm, as soon as you walked through the door.

No 2nd post from Winseer?
Is he taking the time to watch the clip he posted?
I mean, after admonishing those who don’t read all of his posts, he wouldn’t have posted a video based on title alone, without actually viewing it would he?

Don’t speak too soon Franglais… just got back from doing that weekly shop!

It seems that the experience of others with regards to the treatment they are getting at different supermarkets - varies greatly around the country.

In my neck of the woods, it is Tesco that are being over-the-top with the social distancing, moaning at you if you walk the wrong way down the aisles, and just getting in the way, standing there when you approach them, and telling you to back off. They might as well be “The Floor is Lava”.

At the other end, Aldis and Lidls - seem to come out on top. Quick queue to go in, no issues other than the lack of selection at such places, where I didn’t used to go all the time before the lockdown.

Sainsburys? Dunno. I’ve received no encouragement from others to bother going there since the lockdown started. No more vouchers through the door, the petrol isn’t the cheapest, and the special offers? - Someone will have to fill me on on what is worth going out of my way to get at Sainsburys.

Meanwhile, Asda seem to be cheapest for Coffee, and Iceland best for Cola for the time being.

It isn’t about me not wanting to buy a mask here - it is about being made to worship the false creed of covid in my mind, just as I’m sure the atheist crowd would be offended if some verger came out onto the street, and attempted to drag them inside to occupy a pew…

If all stores provided disposable masks that you discarded upon exit, then I’d accept their right to force me to wear one - not unless, and not until though. :angry:

switchlogic:
That old lady sounds like an abusive nightmare! She deserves all the rudeness she gets quite frankly. Old women are always so rude.

For the simple of mind- this is a joke

Indeed.

I’d just like to point out,that all the other employees in lidl Alfreton.
Are excellent.

Winseer:

It seems that the experience of others with regards to the treatment they are getting at different supermarkets - varies greatly around the country.

In my neck of the woods, it is Tesco that are being over-the-top with the social distancing, moaning at you if you walk the wrong way down the aisles, and just getting in the way, standing there when you approach them, and telling you to back off. They might as well be “The Floor is Lava”.

At the other end, Aldis and Lidls - seem to come out on top. Quick queue to go in, no issues other than the lack of selection at such places, where I didn’t used to go all the time before the lockdown.

Sainsburys? Dunno. I’ve received no encouragement from others to bother going there since the lockdown started. No more vouchers through the door, the petrol isn’t the cheapest, and the special offers? - Someone will have to fill me on on what is worth going out of my way to get at Sainsburys.

Meanwhile, Asda seem to be cheapest for Coffee, and Iceland best for Cola for the time being.

It isn’t about me not wanting to buy a mask here - it is about being made to worship the false creed of covid in my mind, just as I’m sure the atheist crowd would be offended if some verger came out onto the street, and attempted to drag them inside to occupy a pew…

If all stores provided disposable masks that you discarded upon exit, then I’d accept their right to force me to wear one - not unless, and not until though. :angry:

I’m still wondering why you posted a respectable video of a doctor saying why C19 is a danger, before going off into your normal “conspiracy” mode?

youtu.be/GkkWx2d36Us

Franglais:

Winseer:

I’m still wondering why you posted a respectable video of a doctor saying why C19 is a danger, before going off into your normal “conspiracy” mode?

Come on now you’re expecting too much! Conspiracy theorists don’t generally do logic

switchlogic:
Come on now you’re expecting too much! Conspiracy theorists don’t generally do logic

Neither do Covid Handwringers or the anti-Brexit brigade.

Conor:

switchlogic:

Neither do Covid Handwringers or the anti-Brexit brigade.

No maybe not but then at least they aren’t snowflakes like you ladies. :wink:

Conor:

Winseer:

For once I’m in total agreement with you.

And i agree 100% with the pair of you.
Not wearing a face nappy and not having Dr Mengele’s bloody vaccine when it comes out either.
Amazon will win even more, Morrisons click and collect will do for the fortnightly shop.

Agghhh!

I’ve not been saying that there’s no such thing as Covid as a “Granny Killer” disease, just that it isn’t the REAL pandemic that killed 50million a century ago - far from it. NOTHING like it.

The knock-on effects from Economic Damage will achieve FAR more “de-population” of this country, and others around the world - than some relatively mild disease that picks off people already on the back foot health wise in the first place.

From the very start - we’re not had the following:

Prominent public figure gets publically diagnosed with Covid, having been fit and healthy beforehand, and not been to hospital.
Same public figure then dies shortly after - of Covid, rather than Cancer/Stroke/Run Over/Bumped off by the deep state.

All we’re getting is post-mortems of people we didn’t even know were in hospital - until after they’d already perished.
If it were really touch and go, lives in the balance each time someone catches this disease, then we might have expected say, Boris to surivive, but one of the Royals, say Prince Charles - to succumb to it?
Have ANY high profile celebrity fit and healty people self-isolating following going public - been found dead in their self-imposed lockdown at home?
Have any people among the general public gone the same way? - If so WHO of course, as we wouldn’t have heard of them beforehand, most likely.
I’ve got an aunt in hospice, final stages of cancer - and now she’s got Covid on top. She almost certainlly caught it after she went into Hospital, and yet she’s hanging on so far, despite being of advanced years.
No one else among friends and family - have even been diagnosed, despite my Mum having to have an operation last year, with the follow-up hospital visits that involved. I’ve already advised her to “stay away from hospitals in general as much as you possibly can”.

Would YOU go into hospital right now for that operation that you’ve been waiting for ages, but isn’t absolutely necessary to save your life at this moment?
Say, a Hernia operation for instance… Wanna run the gauntlet, or let the NHS kick it down the road for another year… Who wants to go into Hospital for even as much as a bloods test - if there’s at least double the chance of catching a disease that picks off people “down on their health” more than anyone else, and among people likely to be entirely made up of “down on their health”, commonly known as “Regular Hospital Out-Patients”■■?

We get told that “six people in your neighborhood are self-isolating”.
WHO?
Don’t the rest of us need to know who these people “diagnosed” ARE - so we can literally “Avoid them like the plague”■■?
Bugger “Can’t breach medical confidentiality”… The best way to avoid catching a disease is to avoid those that already have it - NOT “millions stay away from economic activity” so there’s more chance your family will now die of malnutrition, murder/suicide, or knife in the street by some illegal immigrant benefit scrounger “Fagin Gang”.
We Need To Know Who Has it BEFORE they go into hospital BEFORE they die.
We’re told “The incubation period is the most likely time people will spread the disease”.
So going to Docs or Hospital for a test, because you’ve picked up a bit of a cough - means everyone else you’ve come into contact with, mask or not - is at risk, because you decided to break “self-isolation” to take a bloody test FFS… Where’s the self-testing kits? Where’s the Doctors come to that?

Why wasn’t our entire border shut down, with anyone returning to the UK from abroad - going into quarentine where they quickly got tested and released if clear and put into a isolated hospital specially thrown up if testing positive■■

Why haven’t China been punished as quickly as Russia with sanctions?

There’s so many lies, mis-directions, and total cover-ups right in our faces now - that it is almost impossible to take seriously anything the government tells us.

Does wearing a mask increase the likelihood of catching some other respiratory disease, like say, Legionaire’s disease? (LD incubates in areas where warm, moist air gets inhaled having been around humans, eg. in saunas, swimming pools, showers, and of course “breath moisture” that traps inside a mask, and then goes stale there, because you didn’t throw your mask away and use another one every few hours…
FFS for all we know - using the same mask, and only washing it - is as dangerous to one’s health as “re-using a tampon” FFS…

“Toxic Shock” anyone? It is as much a killer as Covid, as is “Blood Poisoning” aka “Septicaemia” which are going to be on the increase in these days of acute Antibiotic shortages, due to Big Pharma not “wasting their time and effort saving human lives” and throwing all their research at things like AIDS cures, ■■■■■■ Re-allocation inhibitors, and other stuff that doesn’t save lives, just encourages people to f— up the life they’ve got already

MRSA hasn’t gone away, neither. “Poor sanitation in Hospitals” was to blame, but that’s not what officialdom want to hear, say, or admit.

Then there’s the horror stories when it comes to things like “Necrotising fasciitis”… All avoidable, - but clear and present dangers if you don’t take suitable, and easily maintained precautions…

My views on Covid and masks is guided by my experience of it. As many will know I had an incredibly serious car crash earlier this year that required the air ambulance and a 3 week induced coma while they reassembled my smashed up body. Two weeks after waking from the coma they were planning to send me home as they were trying to get as many out as they could with the first corona patients arriving. It meant me going home probably weeks early as I couldn’t even stand up or walk. On what was to be my last day in hospital I started showing corona symptoms, so I was kept until the results of my test came back. I’ll tell you now first hand that that two days waiting, knowing that a positive would likely be a death sentence, after days or weeks of even more agonising pain (The thought of hour long coughing fits when you’ve a rib cage reassembled and coated in metal so even laughing was incredibly painful, not that I had much to laugh about!) was the most terrifying two days of my life. So you know what? Popping on a mask to go to shops really is [zb] all, it’s nothing, man the [zb] up really. Sorry for going off on one I just find all this anti mask nonsense pathetic at best.It’s not about you it about others. Hoo [zb]ing ray it doesn’t worry you and you’re healthy, lots of us really aren’t (and it’s killed plenty of healthy fit people anyway) so do it out of respect for others if nothing else. And so what if it even was some enormous world wide conspiracy, it isn’t, what’s the worst you’ve had to do? Wear a bit of fabric, again boo [zb]ing hoo poor you. Rant over

It is economic damage I’ve been banging on about. What would be the result if every retail outlet now turned customers away just as they really need to get a recovery in motion at very least?

The British Bloody-Minded public - will not take kindly to being told “You can’t come in here. NO we’re not going to give you the means to do so. Get your own mask, far more likely to NOT be upto high medical safety standards, being made out of old bits of rag, or grannie’s knickers as it is…”

Shopper intiially says “Fine, I’ll darken your door no longer” like my Mrs has done with Tescos recently.

If that shopper then finds ANY other retail outlet in the same line of business that WILL let them in “no restrictions” - then the first retail outlet - is now likely to find everyone voting with their feet, and we have a number of rather serious retailer bankrtupcies in quick succession, putting ever-more people on the dole, and crushing any hope of a wider economic recovery to pulp.

On the other hand, retailers might work out that “behaving like gestapo when someone else in the same line of business is sure to break rank with us, and leave us high and dry” - might mean

“Tomorrow never happens”, rather than “Tomorrow Never Dies”. :bulb: