Not how to paint the A5

whisperingsmith:
> robroy:
> Incidentally, speaking as one who was a one of those you mention for many years, and who has known and worked with many (good and competent) Euro drivers ., I’d be more wary and careful around those indigenous ones with their steering wheels on the right tbh mate if I was you . :neutral_face:

+100 or even more - It’s the ones with the steering wheels on the right that do most bridge damage, and most else as well.

Also I always feel more confident when a foreign reg left ■■■■■■ is overtaking me,.as they NEVER seem to be one of those bell ends that I despise, who cut in on me just missing my o/s mirror and shaving my grille. :imp:

Steering wheel on the left? Probably under 4.0m anyway, so off to a good start.

Franglais:

Good point. :smiley:

robroy:

Franglais:

c’mon you two :smiley: next thing you’ll be getting a room… :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

m.a.n rules:

robroy:

Franglais:

c’mon you two :smiley: next thing you’ll be getting a room… :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Well I did suggest it, but he kept banging on about Covid risks, and how much hotel rooms have gone up since Brexit. :unamused:
…But he knows that deep down I still love him despite all the stick he gets off me. :wink: :laughing:

He loves a bit of ‘Rob Love’ you know. :laughing:

i’ve just read in the Leicester Mercury that the developer hoping to get more huge warehouses built,near the DPD place on the A5,has promised to dig out the road under said bridge,and raise the height limit from 4.6 to 5.1 metres.

robroy:

m.a.n rules:

robroy:

Franglais:

Well I did suggest it, but he kept banging on about Covid risks, and how much hotel rooms have gone up since Brexit. :unamused:
…But he knows that deep down I still love him despite all the stick he gets off me. :wink: :laughing:

I guess I am quite gentle with poor ole R-R.

I certainly don`t point out all the silly things he says.

:wink:

edit to underline

A bit rusty these days,but when me and the missus went anywhere in the car she used say its very rare to use a map until we got to a particular town.
These days many drivers seem to need a sat nav to get to work and get out the yard :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink:

carryfast-yeti:
i’ve just read in the Leicester Mercury that the developer hoping to get more huge warehouses built,near the DPD place on the A5,has promised to dig out the road under said bridge,and raise the height limit from 4.6 to 5.1 metres.

Ah right,.abso ■■■■ typical :unamused: …Deal with the symptoms, heighten the bridge :unamused: rather than go much deeper into the problem/s and address the actual disease at grass roots…ie incompetence, ineptitude and apathy among the ‘‘drivers’’ they are churning out at the training school, better described as ‘The Sausage factory.’.
Look at the 'sausage factory instead, starting at the present criteria for entry…ie having a pulse, start by getting rid of the deadwood first 2 days, who will never be a driver as long as they have that proverbial hole.

Then look at actual ‘training’ in the literal sense of the word, rather that parrot fashion instruction around a set test route, then look at probationary periods to earn the right to keep and own a licence.

They could finance it by using the vast amount of cash gained by the money making present scheme of going through the motions of ‘‘teaching’’ seasoned drivers how to do their jobs every 5 years (unless they did something wrong proving they need it) ,.and give us all a ■■■■ break, :bulb:

Franglais:

robroy:

m.a.n rules:

robroy:

I guess I am quite gentle with poor ole R-R.

I certainly don`t point out all the silly things he says.

:wink:

Same here Frangers, so little time,.and my post count would go through the roof on the ‘Brexit’ thread alone. :wink: :laughing:

Maybe this MIGHT help !

Pennineman:
Maybe this MIGHT help !

Nah it wouldn’t, they’d just sit there with a gormless look on their faces wondering what to do,… and who tf ‘Brian’ was. :smiley:

Pennineman:
Maybe this MIGHT help !

Do pallet night trunk drivers have a brain ? :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:

Pennineman:
Maybe this MIGHT help !

Nah it wouldn’t, they’d just sit there with a gormless look on their faces wondering what to do,… and who tf ‘Brian’ was. :smiley:

He was the ‘Very naughty boy’ :grimacing:

robroy:

carryfast-yeti:

Ah right,.abso [zb] typical :unamused: …Deal with the symptoms, heighten the bridge :unamused: rather than go much deeper into the problem/s and address the actual disease at grass roots…ie incompetence, ineptitude and apathy among the ‘‘drivers’’ they are churning out at the training school, better described as ‘The Sausage factory.’.
Look at the 'sausage factory instead, starting at the present criteria for entry…ie having a pulse, start by getting rid of the deadwood first 2 days, who will never be a driver as long as they have that proverbial hole.

Then look at actual ‘training’ in the literal sense of the word, rather that parrot fashion instruction around a set test route, then look at probationary periods to earn the right to keep and own a licence.

They could finance it by using the vast amount of cash gained by the money making present scheme of going through the motions of ‘‘teaching’’ seasoned drivers how to do their jobs every 5 years (unless they did something wrong proving they need it) ,.and give us all a [zb] break, :bulb:

Seems a bit pointless to develop a new depot the wrong side of an immovable obstruction to your business?
Spending money to remove the obstruction seems sensible?

I struggle to see how following a £400 sat nav is likely to have you hitting a bridge , I’ve used 2 over the last 6 yrs at a guess & there fine , if you put the correct height in it will route you so as to avoid any bridges you’re over height for .
As for rob taking notice of bridge heights when he’s out with the mrs , bloody hell im 60 & it’s all in the mind , not the groin but my eyes are still more interested in my mrs thighs than any bloody bridge height.

dozy:
I struggle to see how following a £400 sat nav is likely to have you hitting a bridge , I’ve used 2 over the last 6 yrs at a guess & there fine , if you put the correct height in it will route you so as to avoid any bridges you’re over height for .
As for rob taking notice of bridge heights when he’s out with the mrs , bloody hell im 60 & it’s all in the mind , not the groin but my eyes are still more interested in my mrs thighs than any bloody bridge height.

Have you not clocked the Garmin thread doze…waste of cash,.and unfit for purpose in my opinion,.and apparently NOT only mine, if I paid 400 quid for one I’d want a free couple of home games at Newcastle chucked in.

Also I constantly admire my lovely wife, I’m a lucky lad… but I can multi task, so noticing bridge heights at the same time ain’t a problem mate. :smiley:

robroy:

dozy:

Have you not clocked the Garmin thread doze…waste of cash,.and unfit for purpose in my opinion,.and apparently NOT only mine, if I paid 400 quid for one I’d want a free couple of home games at Newcastle chucked in.

Also I constantly admire my lovely wife, I’m a lucky lad… but I can multi task, so noticing bridge heights at the same time ain’t a problem mate. :smiley:

I’ll resist the urge to make a joke about low bridges and tall legs…

carryfast-yeti:

It’s not just a question of lowering the carriageway, that’s simple, it’s a question of diverting the existing services ( gas, electric, water, cable, BT, fibre etc) that are passing through the bridge at that point. That’s when you start talking serious money- been there, done that!

i dont own a satnav, and iv been doing this job for the past couple of years on agency however i do own a brain

i do follow googlemaps however i know my height, width when you come to a low bridge you have miles of warning and they even give you a alternative route only time googlemaps has shot me in the foot was in london kept pointing me back to a low bridge so i had to open maps up and basically manually see myself