Not Happy

That’s not on and I’d be inclined to turn this one round on the pillock.

Do exactly what he was going to do and launch an official complaint, go right through the procedures, just as he threatened to do to you.

Hopefully you are in a good union, let them deal with this side of it if you are, give one of their more arsey area officers something to get his teeth into, he’ll love it.

:bulb: They only (try to) treat you like ■■■■, and/or talk to you like you are 5yrs old… IF YOU ALLOW THEM TO!!..It aint rocket science, so if you haven’t got a pair, like a LOT of todays drivers, it’s your own fault. :bulb:

As for the o/p, I agree with a couple of the other opinions, make it official and demand an apology, and tell Brian the jumped up little ■■■■, of your intention to do so over a phone call at 3AM, while interrupting HIS rest :wink: .

Silver_Surfer:
No job is worth putting up with rubbish like that from people unless you’re Keira Knightley’s fanny groomer.

I’m on the waiting list…

tell brian if he ever wakes you up again,he`ll be facing a disiplinary of his own

dle1uk:

chicane:
Probably a youngster that views isotrak like a computer game instead of living in the real world. Got a young planner at my regular place, to be fair most of the time he’s OK but there have been a couple of times I’d like to have clipped his lug.

I’ve become convinced that ALL planners/TMs should be sent out on runs at least every 6 months to give them a reality check, then hopefully they wouldn’t come out with half the [zb] they do especially the youngsters even the oldsters that have driven might have their rose tinted specs removed and see that traffic/conditions have changed a bit.

agreed, but having done driving and planning i,m convinced that all drivers should have at least 1 month in 12 in the planning office,

Not likely! Have you seen who gets in those places?:wink:

Had this once so I diverted my phone back to the company landline number and they never worked out why it was always engaged! Failing that get his mobile number and divert yours to his and he can bother himself.

Silver_Surfer:
It’s because they’re all scared of losing their jobs.

No job is worth putting up with rubbish like that from people unless you’re Keira Knightley’s fanny groomer.

Heard off one bloke recently some young planner at one of the largest logistics firms in the country was expecting him to run Birmingham, Scotland, Newcastle, Guildford in a day, I mean what can you say to that?

I was once in FX ,nine at night,waiting for fridge off the boat.24t to Livingstone.Planner asked me when I was tipped what time could I be at Staples Corner for the reload.Nice enough guy but I wasn’t happy with the money so jacked in there & then. Hate to let people down but also hate to work for peanuts.

chicane:
Probably a youngster that views isotrak like a computer game instead of living in the real world. Got a young planner at my regular place, to be fair most of the time he’s OK but there have been a couple of times I’d like to have clipped his lug.

I’ve become convinced that ALL planners/TMs should be sent out on runs at least every 6 months to give them a reality check, then hopefully they wouldn’t come out with half the [zb] they do especially the youngsters even the oldsters that have driven might have their rose tinted specs removed and see that traffic/conditions have changed a bit.

+1

fredthered:

dle1uk:

chicane:

agreed, but having done driving and planning i,m convinced that all drivers should have at least 1 month in 12 in the planning office,

Had this once so I diverted my phone back to the company landline number and they never worked out why it was always engaged! Failing that get his mobile number and divert yours to his and he can bother himself.

I’m happy to answer the phone to work at home, but to ring to notify you that a trunk missed it’s connection and they’re looking into disciplinary action is BANG out of order.
This is not a time critical conversation, it could be done during works time, not during rest period.

I’d be putting in an official grievance and ensuring this never happens again.

We give our numbers because there are times when it’s vital to contact you (or in your interest - such as ‘day man has written wagon off, stay in bed’)

DrivingMissDaisy:
Find Brians’ number and ring him at 3 in the morning.

Brilliant.

More than one way to skin a cat…look for the local chinese takeaway…then copy the number, and thats the one you use for divert… :laughing:

And as for the Driver tipping in Livingstone, then has to get a reload at Staples corner just tell the planner is gonna be at least 9 hours to the end of the M1 junction with the North Circular, what a way to run for a re-load… :laughing:

truckyboy:
More than one way to skin a cat…look for the local chinese takeaway…then copy the number, and thats the one you use for divert… :laughing:

And as for the Driver tipping in Livingstone, then has to get a reload at Staples corner just tell the planner is gonna be at least 9 hours to the end of the M1 junction with the North Circular, what a way to run for a re-load… :laughing:

easier still turn the phone off till you get up

DrivingMissDaisy:
Find Brians’ number and ring him at 3 in the morning.

then pm us his number so we can all call him at 3am asking why he’s missed his connection.

fredthered:

dle1uk:

chicane:

nice i’ll have too remember that lol

DrivingMissDaisy:

Silver_Surfer:

I’m on the waiting list…

Dead man’s shoes. You’ll be waiting a while; nobody ever quits that job.

When my brother worked for a agency fresh out the army he would get 2 - 3 shifts but then after a month they kept cancelling on him and then ringing him at gone midnight when he was in bed asking if he would do a night run for normal wage plus 1/3, trouble is if you say yes once its not appreciated of you it becomes expected of you and if you say no the second time then you find you loose shifts during normal times :laughing:

As for people who ■■■■ up to planners, bosses, supervisors, managers, team leads etc - lifes too short for that, you make yourself a doormat in life and people will walk all over you. Ive been moved a couple of times at work because I refused to take crap off jumped up jobsworth managers/supervisors, if im in the wrong by all means ill stand there mouth shut and take a bollocking but if ive done nothing wrong i will fight for my rights and its earnt me respect with a couple of people higher up it doesnt always lead to the boot :slight_smile:

I had a similar problem when I was working at British Bakeries Wigan eleven years ago. Got a text at 3.00pm Sunday afternoon saying that due to my negligence, the wagon has run out of diesel at 8.00am that Sunday morning and had been recovered.
Anyway, a phone call at 4.00am Monday morning to the shift supervisor to explain why I wasn’t in didn’t go down well.
Tuesday lunchtime and I am in Transport Manager office who is livid and threatening to sack me. When I pointed out the tacho laws, he soon backed down as I had not had 36 hours off between 1200 Saturday 1500 Sunday so needeed to start again from1500 Sunday to 0000 Tuesday morning. And got paid for Monday.

scotstrucker:

fredthered:

chester:
Never give your personal phone number to any company involved in haulage.
Tesco sell £9 phones which you can switch off for a reason :wink:

Exactly!

+4 [ quote ]

beanie:
I had a similar problem when I was working at British Bakeries Wigan eleven years ago. Got a text at 3.00pm Sunday afternoon saying that due to my negligence, the wagon has run out of diesel at 8.00am that Sunday morning and had been recovered.
Anyway, a phone call at 4.00am Monday morning to the shift supervisor to explain why I wasn’t in didn’t go down well.
Tuesday lunchtime and I am in Transport Manager office who is livid and threatening to sack me. When I pointed out the tacho laws, he soon backed down as I had not had 36 hours off between 1200 Saturday 1500 Sunday so needeed to start again from1500 Sunday to 0000 Tuesday morning. And got paid for Monday.

and you still didn’t have 36 hrs off as you got up at 0400 mon morn to ring them :stuck_out_tongue:

Conor:
remind them that technically they’re breaking the law phoning you as it is disturbing your legally required daily rest.

Is this true or is it a MMTM thing? I’ve heard it before but thought it was ■■■■■■■■.

We get phoned to tell us start time, possible night out or not and a run name.

Like tomorrow I’m on a 2am South West relief with a night out, got phoned at 1230 so technically I won’t get a 24hrs unbroken rest period if what you you say is right.

georgy:
When my brother worked for a agency fresh out the army he would get 2 - 3 shifts but then after a month they kept cancelling on him and then ringing him at gone midnight when he was in bed asking if he would do a night run for normal wage plus 1/3, trouble is if you say yes once

If you say yes once there’s every chance you’ll be “kept in reserve” for when somebody blows out.If they don’t blow out you don’t get work. If they do you get calls at unearthly hours of the day usually when you’ve been waiting about for a call and are now shattered. I tell them the hours I’m available and if I haven’t been sorted out with a days work by MY cutoff time I ring them to let them know I’m unavailable for the next day. They know I’m reliable so they use me and I’ve trained them so they never cancel me. If I’m offered a shift, I WILL have a shift! Agencies/clients will also overbook and then cancel the blokes who suffer it.