Not Happy

After a long week of trunking up and down the country when not much went right with accidents diversions etc glad to get into my bed this morning I get woken up by my wife a Brian on the phone for you said it very important ok
hello its Brian transport manager guy ive never met based in London

your trunk missed connection with a very accusing tone last night that’s right I say explain what happened roadworks diversions

that’s not our information we tracked you on isotrack you stopped at jct 38 M6 for an hour

me I didn’t stop until I reached destination Brain yes you did will be taking disciplinary action

whats the registration of the truck he says reg not my truck I explain to him

not even an apology or sorry to disturb your sleep just oh right bye

What a [zb] shambles !

Never give your personal phone number to any company involved in haulage.
Tesco sell £9 phones which you can switch off for a reason :wink:

chester:

Exactly!

Probably a youngster that views isotrak like a computer game instead of living in the real world. Got a young planner at my regular place, to be fair most of the time he’s OK but there have been a couple of times I’d like to have clipped his lug.

I’ve become convinced that ALL planners/TMs should be sent out on runs at least every 6 months to give them a reality check, then hopefully they wouldn’t come out with half the ■■■■ they do especially the youngsters even the oldsters that have driven might have their rose tinted specs removed and see that traffic/conditions have changed a bit.

chester:

First time in 13 years with Company that ive been contacted at home and last they want me can get me at work not my time had just woke up so not thinking this is my work or I wouldn’t have answered

just a really bad week 3 trunks out of 5 missed connections so company desperate to blame someone when its just one of those things with delays nought you can do

fredthered:

chester:

Exactly!

+3

There used to be some kind of law that gave the driver 5hrs pay for answering the phone at home at weekends?

chicane:
Probably a youngster that views isotrak like a computer game instead of living in the real world. Got a young planner at my regular place, to be fair most of the time he’s OK but there have been a couple of times I’d like to have clipped his lug.

I’ve become convinced that ALL planners/TMs should be sent out on runs at least every 6 months to give them a reality check, then hopefully they wouldn’t come out with half the [zb] they do especially the youngsters even the oldsters that have driven might have their rose tinted specs removed and see that traffic/conditions have changed a bit.

agreed, but having done driving and planning i,m convinced that all drivers should have at least 1 month in 12 in the planning office,

dle1uk:

chicane:
agreed, but having done driving and planning i,m convinced that all drivers should have at least 1 month in 12 in the planning office,

failed truck drivers go planning, as shunters go around in circles! :sunglasses: keep 'ER lit drives! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

No doubt you will just let it go like most drivers do. I’d be spitting feathers and demanding an apology from this knob. I’d also be reminding him that he interrupted your rest period therefore you need to reset your clock and wait another 11 hours before you can start work. That normally stops them ringing you at home.

Make it an official grievance and put in a claim for an hour’s pay.

And tell the missus to tell them that if anyone calls from work they can speak to you when you get there and remind them that technically they’re breaking the law phoning you as it is disturbing your legally required daily rest.

dle1uk:

chicane:

I’ve become convinced that ALL planners/TMs should be sent out on runs at least every 6 months to give them a reality check, then hopefully they wouldn’t come out with half the [zb] they do especially the youngsters even the oldsters that have driven might have their rose tinted specs removed and see that traffic/conditions have changed a bit.

have a lot of sympathy with the back office especially when trying to get things back on track after breakdowns, hold-ups & etc., gets tiresome when it’s always the drivers fault though :imp:

blaming driver is the easiest excuse for a planner but then blaming the planner is an excuse for a driver, cuts both ways really, but both planners and drivers imo need to see the job from both sides!!

Find Brians’ number and ring him at 3 in the morning.

Truckbling:
No doubt you will just let it go like most drivers do. I’d be spitting feathers and demanding an apology from this knob. I’d also be reminding him that he interrupted your rest period therefore you need to reset your clock and wait another 11 hours before you can start work. That normally stops them ringing you at home.

Ive clocked off at the time phone call finished I await another phone call from him regarding this

Truckbling:

What some drivers let go is unreal…was tipping last week and the truck in the next bay in the warehouse his cab phone rang and planner or whoever was going mad at the driver why arn’t you tipped your ment to be at so and so at this time etc etc…swearing and every thing, the driver just said I’m getting tipped now il be as quick as I can sorry I’m really sorry about this.
I couldn’t believe what I’d heard :open_mouth: but the way the driver just apologised when he could do nothing was unreal,then when he got his paperwork back he ran to the truck and left the yard like a mad man.
Now I’m all for cracking on with the job but that just seems insane to me

It’s because they’re all scared of losing their jobs.

No job is worth putting up with rubbish like that from people unless you’re Keira Knightley’s fanny groomer.

Heard off one bloke recently some young planner at one of the largest logistics firms in the country was expecting him to run Birmingham, Scotland, Newcastle, Guildford in a day, I mean what can you say to that?

Silver_Surfer:
It’s because they’re all scared of losing their jobs.

No job is worth putting up with rubbish like that from people unless you’re Keira Knightley’s fanny groomer.

Heard off one bloke recently some young planner at one of the largest logistics firms in the country was expecting him to run Birmingham, Scotland, Newcastle, Guildford in a day, I mean what can you say to that?

Why don’t you chuck a Liverpool & Manchester in as well ?
(after all- it’s only ‘That’ far on a map !)

Silver_Surfer:
It’s because they’re all scared of losing their jobs. No job is worth putting up with rubbish like that from people unless you’re Keira Knightley’s fanny groomer.Heard off one bloke recently some young planner at one of the largest logistics firms in the country was expecting him to run Birmingham, Scotland, Newcastle, Guildford in a day, I mean what can you say to that?

correct! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: SCARED OF LOSING THEIR JOBS! :sunglasses: have some backbone drivers :laughing: time to grow a set :sunglasses: