Not happy with the changes

Well i must say someone has been working overtime to make a total arse of this site,
ive posted a fair few hundred pics in the time ive been on here and now they can no longer be viewed due to changes made on the site,
theres nothing worse than looking through very old threads only to find the pics are no longer there, i for one will not be going through the 800 or more pics ive spent loads of time uploading in to photobucket to repost them all again.
As for the new site its soooo sloowww loading pages, i know its early days and this should be sorted in time, but i just wish the pics way of doing things could go back to how it was.

Got to agree with you mate, it doesn’t look too good on the pic’s front. Where are they all? can’t see them in the gallery, surely they cant just take 'em off. :astonished: There may be good reason for the changes but can’t a mod come on here to explain them. I haven’t got much idea of how this forum stuff works but please some of you clued up boffs could you chase someone up to get it sorted 'cos it’s not as good as it was that’s for sure. :confused: :cry:

Could,nt agree more, what was wrong with it the way it was?? Why change things just for the sake of it!

I am so dissapointed with the new format,its horrible.From a personal view its mucked up everything l’ve posted over the last few months which has given so much pleasure to many who have viewed the scrapbook thread,even if you go to page 1 when l used photobucket to resize the image has been chopped off…Thank you whoever you are on Trucknet for ruining my thread

Marcus :imp:

Just cannot hack it on this new site – an absolute nightmare !!
I had problems with “log in” for some reason (any ideas ?) – tried to change my password & no joy !
Probably get used to it – but why change it if it’s not broke ■■

bubbleman:
I am so dissapointed with the new format,its horrible.From a personal view its mucked up everything l’ve posted over the last few months which has given so much pleasure to many who have viewed the scrapbook thread,even if you go to page 1 when l used photobucket to resize the image has been chopped off…Thank you whoever you are on Trucknet for ruining my thread

Marcus :imp:

I’ve just looked at the first three pages of your scrapbook memories thread and all the pics are working for me :confused: :confused: :confused:

is the problem further on in the thread or is it fixed now ?

Dont like this at all.
I,ve just written on the Davies thread and the Titles gone ■■?

the old site was 101% better than this why carnt folks leave things how they are whats the saying if it aint broke■■?

in one word … CRAP !!!

Mark R:
Could,nt agree more, what was wrong with it the way it was?? Why change things just for the sake of it!

It wasn’t done just for the sake of it, the back end software was very old and struggled to cope, something had to be done before it self destructed :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Denis F:

Mark R:

It wasn’t done just for the sake of it, the back end software was very old and struggled to cope, something had to be done before it self destructed :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

well its still ;; PANTS dennis no way near as easy etc as the old forum!

mappo:
Dont like this at all.

do you mean this thread

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=32983

Sorry, I don’t know what you mean by “the titles gone”

can you explain it to me slowly :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

globby 480:

Denis F:

Mark R:

well its still ;; PANTS dennis no way near as easy etc as the old forum!

:laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

we’re all trying to get used to it - it is different but give it time and I’m sure everyone will get used to it !

It’s much better than the last change ( in 2003) as the old posts weren’t moved and we had to go back to the old locked forums to find anything!!!

well thats all we can do i guess, i supose it may get better in time “i hope” :wink:

Denis F:

mappo:
Dont like this at all.

do you mean this thread

Hi Denis,perhaps it,s me or my computer.

The Davies Int. thread is currently between Oliver Hart and Sons and Daveys of Launceston
but i cannot see the Title. Can anyone else ■■?

mappo:
The Davies Int. thread is currently between Oliver Hart and Sons and Daveys of Launceston
but i cannot see the Title. Can anyone else ■■?

:confused:

The title “Davies Int. Southampton. With photos.” shows exactly where you say it is, it’s also at the top of every page in the thread and at the top of your last post in that thread :smiley:

Have I misunderstood your post :wink:

edit: Just had a look with IE 7 and the title doesn’t show, it shows with Firefox but not IE 7.
Obviously a bug that needs reporting.

Denis F:

mappo:
Dont like this at all.

do you mean this thread

Denis this is all that its showing in the title,

1 … 17, 18, 19by Paul Who » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:27 pm

Denis F:

mappo:
Dont like this at all.

do you mean this thread

Titles disappeared for me as well just get a list of page numbers where the title should be,
Oh and the old forum was much better, can’t get on with the new layout at all

Hi again,just been onto my scrapbook thread and still no pictures,yes the early stuff is there albeit ruined by this advertisers band on the right…please put it back to how it was,the more l look at this the more l hate it .l know things have to improve but youre dealing with lorry drivers who through no fault of their own are being taken out of their comfort zone
Marc

nianiamh:
Denis this is all that its showing in the title,

1 … 17, 18, 19by Paul Who » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:27 pm

sorry that wasn’t slowly enough :wink:

which page do you mean ?

I looked at the first page and It looks like this (to me)

what am I missing ■■

Couldnt agree more, complete pants !!!