Not another one

liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv … e-11331913

To be fair on him he did get most of the way under the bridge lol

He should of carried on no would know any difference :smiley:

I believed that the DCPC was…‘‘A genuine qualification, solely introduced to make us all professionally competent’’ (and nothing to do with a hidden agenda of making money. Mind you, I also believed that Steve McClaren would give us a top 3 finish this season at Newcastle :unamused: )

Looks like this guy didn’t take the course eh? :laughing:

Newcastle are still in one of the top 3 leagues! :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:
Newcastle are still in one of the top 3 leagues! :smiley:

Two word answer to that…second word being ‘OFF’ :smiley:

I can never understand drivers hitting bridges. :neutral_face:
I’ve said before on this subject, I don’t know about you lot but I’m even brainwashed enough to notice bridge heights when driving my car.
Should be an automatic 12 month ban for bridge bashing…end of, you are SUPPOSED to be pro.s ffs.
Another aspect of what sorts the truck drivers from the screw drivers I reckon.

I know I really don’t know how you can hit a bridge.

I run at 16ft all the time.

I just don’t get it at all.

As soon as I seen a bridge sign if I wasn’t a 1000000% sure on my height I’d stop and getting a measuring tape out.

But then if you looked at a map before it shouldn’t come to that either.

It’s only round the corner from the depot too. That’s double embarrassing. How many of us go under low bridges more than a handful of times a week? I certainly don’t go under enough to take them for granted. Even after almost 15 years on hgv’s, I still take notice of every one I travel under

My feeling is this guy said to himself before leaving the depot “hmm, not sure of the height here. I better measure it” and he then went and measured the front of the trailer. Upon approaching the bridge he thought “Ah im good. Ive a good foot of clearance here”.

The related story is fantastic :grimacing:

Calm down, calm down

image.jpeg

Is that Felipe Massa on the far right?

The collision caused £50k worth of stock to be improved.

The-Snowman:
My feeling is this guy said to himself before leaving the depot “hmm, not sure of the height here. I better measure it” and he then went and measured the front of the trailer. Upon approaching the bridge he thought “Ah im good. Ive a good foot of clearance here”.

Had to go back to the pic before I got that :laughing:

Just another one of 1500-2000 bridge strikes per year.

I believed that the DCPC was…‘‘A genuine qualification, solely introduced to make us all professionally competent’’ (and nothing to do with a hidden agenda of making money

Note the word" professional " Only come out to play in this bias media circus if the lowly driver is at fault , the rest of the time he/she is just a lowly seemingly un important driver when they aren’t at fault , now do you see the ■■■■■■■■ with this media bias? We are human we sometimes make mistakes that is what we do, we have been doing this from longer than i have existed , that’s a fact of life are the EU and Tories going to change this?

tommy t:

I believed that the DCPC was…‘‘A genuine qualification, solely introduced to make us all professionally competent’’ (and nothing to do with a hidden agenda of making money

Note the word" professional " Only come out to play in this bias media circus if the lowly driver is at fault , the rest of the time he/she is just a lowly seemingly un important driver when they aren’t at fault , now do you see the [zb] with this media bias? We are human we sometimes make mistakes that is what we do, we have been doing this from longer than i have existed , that’s a fact of life are the EU and Tories going to change this?

You are right from a media perspective mate, but you used MY quote to illustrate your point, and I am neither a representative of the media or being serious.
I think my attempt at irony was lost on you. :bulb:

robroy:

tommy t:

Note the word" professional " Only come out to play in this bias media circus if the lowly driver is at fault , the rest of the time he/she is just a lowly seemingly un important driver when they aren’t at fault , now do you see the [zb] with this media bias? We are human we sometimes make mistakes that is what we do, we have been doing this from longer than i have existed , that’s a fact of life are the EU and Tories going to change this?

You are right from a media perspective mate, but you used MY quote to illustrate your point, and I am neither a representative of the media or being serious.

Me thinks you took it in some way differently than i was alluding to, the Professional part is or should be quite well known anyway or should be by now that is mainly what i was getting at here, IE media, or establishment only refer to a lorry driver as being a"professional driver "when he /she is accused of wrong doing and the rest of the time they are regarded as unimportant or something unpleasant that you stood in

Sadly the DCPC will not change this or be anything meaningful , ie it will not make employers pay higher wages or treat those with 35hrs dcpc with greater respect, but it will put more money into the so called training companies and governments bank accounts for virtually nothing in reality ,do you not think the same or similar , irony apart of course :grimacing:

tommy t:

robroy:

tommy t:

Me thinks you took it in some way differently than i was alluding to, the Professional part is or should be quite well known anyway or should be by now that is mainly what i was getting at here, IE media, or establishment only refer to a lorry driver as being a"professional driver "when he /she is accused of wrong doing and the rest of the time they are regarded as unimportant or something unpleasant that you stood in

Sadly the DCPC will not change this or be anything meaningful , ie it will not make employers pay higher wages or treat those with 35hrs dcpc with greater respect, but it will put more money into the so called training companies and governments bank accounts for virtually nothing in reality ,do you not think the same or similar , irony apart of course :grimacing:

Of course I think exactly the same, that was my whole point. :bulb:
Have a trawl through some of my past posts if you can be arsed. You will see that I have never been a supporter of the DCPC, and always been aware of, and voiced it’s true agenda.
The actual industry it has created within it’s self, and the revenue it has generated, is phenomenal… but at the same time making very little positive difference in REAL terms to the Haulage industry.
Evidential differences? …OK, some of us now know how to do such crap as make manual entries on a ■■■■ tacho now, , after sat in a classroom…hip hoo ■■■■ ray, yeh…that has really changed things for the better :unamused: .
On the other hand, bridges are still being hit, some drivers are still downright inconsiderate ■■■■ s, some still can’t reverse after 5yrs experience, others routinely bring about and cause hate towards us from the public due to their ■■■■ poor driving, …certificate of PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCE my arse!