Not allowed to clean windscreen

Rub the dead flys and bird ■■■■ on his window and tell him the same as he told you see if he likes it :slight_smile:

If some idiot had told me I couldn’t wash the windscreen, I’d be ringing up the Transport Manager at 3am and telling him the lorry has failed its walk around check and I’m defecting it for a dirty windscreen which Mr X has told me I mustn’t touch. Will he be giving me the all clear to clean the screen or will he be calling out a fitter please?

Stobart by the sound of it?

Well, I work out of Stoke, I’ve not seen any memo about trucks being washed etc, if mine needs a wash, I leave a note in the screen friday night, 9times out of 10, its done for monday when I come back in.

In the mean time, after a good bug splattering, the screen is generally dreadful.

I squirt it with window cleaner and get my hand brush (for sweeping out my cab) and scrub away at the bugs, if I have a hose handy, rinse off, if not, use the screenwashers.

Its not hard, and something you can do in a layby, as long as you don’t take too long, nobody will say a word, and you get paid as your working on the truck.

Many other drives don’t have the luxury of a team of vehicle washers, many of my ESL workmates forget this imo!

I’m guessing you are a stobart driver. If so you probably brought it on yourself, because most of the workforce toss the job off to such an extent it is ■■■■■■■ embarrassing. Yes mate you are one off the pricks on here. I’ve not washed my motor for a month and the windscreen is still clean, as are the mirrors. Get a grip and stop running to mummy if your bum is dirty. Oh yes and I drive for them too.

Just do it

Any excuse to not part with money or labour. If firms had it their way, we would be driving a C+E+E! With a roof rack too!!

Just yesterday I got back to the yard, I thought I will load up for tomorrow then when I had finished loading I still had 30mins left so I got a bucket sponge and my brush (on a handle) and scrubed my windcreen with water from bucket as it had 3 weeks of dead flies on it, dried and polished it with clean cloth and some window cleaner.

Not being sarcastic but never once did I ask to do any of this I just got on and done it, at end of day its my licence if I crash because I cant see, common sense really it goes far in this world :unamused:

TruckingHell:
Stobart by the sound of it?

Well, I work out of Stoke, I’ve not seen any memo about trucks being washed etc, if mine needs a wash, I leave a note in the screen friday night, 9times out of 10, its done for monday when I come back in.

In the mean time, after a good bug splattering, the screen is generally dreadful.

I squirt it with window cleaner and get my hand brush (for sweeping out my cab) and scrub away at the bugs, if I have a hose handy, rinse off, if not, use the screenwashers.

Its not hard, and something you can do in a layby, as long as you don’t take too long, nobody will say a word, and you get paid as your working on the truck.

Many other drives don’t have the luxury of a team of vehicle washers, many of my ESL workmates forget this imo!

I’m sure 99% of driver’s would do exactly the same as you have described and not given it a second thought. It really baffles me that some people post some very strange complaints about very basic things and all this in a job where you really have to be able use a bit of initiative at times, but heyho maybe not at ‘stevme2519s’ company even if it is ESL.

cav551:
If some idiot had told me I couldn’t wash the windscreen, I’d be ringing up the Transport Manager at 3am and telling him the lorry has failed its walk around check and I’m defecting it for a dirty windscreen which Mr X has told me I mustn’t touch. Will he be giving me the all clear to clean the screen or will he be calling out a fitter please?

^^^^^^^^if you work work for a big firm, then this would be my advice ^^^^^^^^^
if your working for a smaller firm, just do as others said, get yourself a bucket or similar, a decent sponge to deal with the dead bugs, and do it when on the pumps or the like. its really no big deal.

Not once did I say I needed 30 minutes to clean windscreen…my point was we have to justify that time I’m allocated to fuel up get trailer into goods in debrief and just clean windscreen ill be just over the 30 minutes allocated so I was covering my arse cause they won’t pay more than 30 mins for us to log off with out reason…

:laughing: :unamused:

Regards
Dave Penn;

The point is, lots of you probably got to the yard, sat around, chatted, washed your clean motor etc etc just to get another hours pay. Ie tossed it off and now shot yourself in the foot. Typical general arse.

This thread is a joke, right? :question:

stvme2519:
i never said whole vehicle i said windscreen it needed jet washing

If you’ve got the facilities in the yard like a jetwash or a hose and a big washing brush on a long pole,like most have,what’s stopping you from just washing the wagon down when you start/finish your shift or whenever your at base.It doesn’t take long to wash a unit and the guvnor doesn’t need to pay a penny extra as that’s a job which is really just an ordinary accepted part of a day’s work and the more often it’s washed then the easier and quicker it is to get it clean each time and best of all clean windows and mirrors when you leave the yard. :bulb: :unamused:

stvme2519:
our depot as banned us from washing our motors in the week and said theyll be done on weekend…well mine aint been done for 3 weeks …windscreen was a right mess cause of dead flies and insects all smeared to when ive tried to clean with wipers …told my planner today that im gona wash it in goole as i was in there getting parked up and had time to…i was told no im not allowed so when i said it was my licence i was told if i do wash it i wont get paid for the time it takes

i know were not allowed to use the wash anymore[well its been a year or two actually],they now pay a bloke 20k ish to wash the trucks wheras we used to wash them ,you now have the washer washing them whilst the drivers stand there watching :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ,i always thought it made more sense to set the wash going,push of a button and do your checks whilst it was washing the truck,but if they want to waste 20k let them waste it.
as for the windscreen weve got big drum filled with wash /brush and we use it as and when we want,never heard of this 1/2 hr thing to be honest,it takes a minute or two to clean screen/mirrors,if they need cleaning i just clean them,never had anything said to me to be honest,if they need washing mate,just wash them

stvme2519:
Not once did I say I needed 30 minutes to clean windscreen…my point was we have to justify that time I’m allocated to fuel up get trailer into goods in debrief and just clean windscreen ill be just over the 30 minutes allocated so I was covering my arse cause they won’t pay more than 30 mins for us to log off with out reason…

why can’t you clean the windscreen while you fuel up■■? just carry a cloth and a bottle of glass cleaner, it takes me about 3 mins to do mine, tanks filling while your doing it, jobs a goodun. you don’t need soap and water. i sometimes wonder how some of you manage to get out of bed in the mornings and find the truck in the first place. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

stvme2519:
our depot as banned us from washing our motors in the week and said theyll be done on weekend…well mine aint been done for 3 weeks …windscreen was a right mess cause of dead flies and insects all smeared to when ive tried to clean with wipers …told my planner today that im gona wash it in goole as i was in there getting parked up and had time to…i was told no im not allowed so when i said it was my licence i was told if i do wash it i wont get paid for the time it takes

if your stuck mate come to our depot,you can wash your screen/mirrors until your hearts content[unless your a bio -mass driver] then you can zb right off,hate the scummy ■■■■■ :wink: :laughing:

wildfire:

stvme2519:

why can’t you clean the windscreen while you fuel up■■? just carry a cloth and a bottle of glass cleaner, it takes me about 3 mins to do mine, tanks filling while your doing it, jobs a goodun. you don’t need soap and water. i sometimes wonder how some of you manage to get out of bed in the mornings and find the truck in the first place. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Firstly congratulations on your 1000th post! Secondly yes I agree a lot of or workforce need someone to tell them when they need to pee. Tossers mostly.

stvme2519:

You’re so ■■■■■■■ stupid I’m not going to offer any advice on this occasion!

I’ve driven some fury trucks recently and you don’t need to clean the wagon just your viewing bits.