Not allowed to clean windscreen

our depot as banned us from washing our motors in the week and said theyll be done on weekend…well mine aint been done for 3 weeks …windscreen was a right mess cause of dead flies and insects all smeared to when ive tried to clean with wipers …told my planner today that im gona wash it in goole as i was in there getting parked up and had time to…i was told no im not allowed so when i said it was my licence i was told if i do wash it i wont get paid for the time it takes

So the only way to keep your windscreen clean on the outside is to wash the whole motor ? Yeah yer right yer couldn’t make it up :unamused: :unamused:

Regards
Dave Penn;

it sounds like the big boss has told the little boss that the drivers are spending too much time and money washing lorries every other day.
he probably didn’t mean that the lorry shouldn’t have a clean windscreen, mirrors, and lights. as they are the important things. however as usual, the little boss wants to flex his muscles, and misinterpret what has been said.
i always carry a bucket, and a brush. and if the windscreen, mirrors, and lights need a quick do, then they get it whilst i’m fueling up.

i never said whole vehicle i said windscreen it needed jet washing

Why were you asking the Planner? Just wash the truck and argue after! :laughing:

Just wash the screen. You could have done it in the time it took to post on here. If they sack you for it, I’d like to see it stick in an unfair dismissal case. On the other hand, our place have told us we’re not washing enough, and all motors must now be washed once a week without fail

I’ve worked for two gaffers in the past one had an account with a local truck wash with instructions to drop in there on the way back to the yard. Never had time or the wash was closed when I did. The other had his own steam kit in the yard we could use if we weren’t on O/T rates. I invariably was! Always cleaned the glass myself though, stupid not to.

because we have to justify why wed go over half an hour …i took a load into goole i had to fuel up take load it to goods in then find out what bay to drop it on and then drop it on the bay then go round to goods out to debrief…then park up …so cleaning windscreen would then of took me over the 30 mins…

OVLOV JAY:
On the other hand, our place have told us we’re not washing enough, and all drivers must now be washed once a fortnight without fail

:laughing: :wink:

stvme2519:
i never said whole vehicle i said windscreen it needed jet washing

But your post inferred that: ‘Mine hasn’t been done for 3 weeks’

Since when did a windscreen need jet washing to get a couple of weeks of flying debris off it ? Get a grip mate a bit of liquid soap, a small bucket/container of water and one of them thingy’s like window cleaners use and the jobs done in 5 mins.
As ‘ovlov jay’ has said you could have done it in the time it’s taken you to post on here :bulb:

Regards
Dave Penn;

stvme2519:
because we have to justify why wed go over half an hour …i took a load into goole i had to fuel up take load it to goods in then find out what bay to drop it on and then drop it on the bay then go round to goods out to debrief…then park up …so cleaning windscreen would then of took me over the 30 mins…

Half hour to clean a windscreen what are you using a toothbrush.

limeyphil:

OVLOV JAY:
On the other hand, our place have told us we’re not washing enough, and all drivers must now be washed once a fortnight without fail

:laughing: :wink:

Once a fortnight :question: :exclamation: That’s gotta come from the RDC waiting room buell sheeet :unamused: I’ve always been under the impression that a once a month scrub down and a wet wipe shower in-between was perfectly acceptable for a truck or driver :laughing: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

There’s some right pricks on here

stvme2519:

Like who?

as previously suggested, just wash the screen and then go to load/tip/fuel/whatever,. Its not the planners responsibility, its the drivers to ensure the screen is clean, its a legal requirement. If hes got a problem with that take it to his superior, Im sure VOSA would understand if you got pulled with a dirty screen and you said “My planner told me to drive like this” :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Can’t you just wash the window whilst your out on the road? or am i missing the point.

Stvme! The Planner knob only knows what you tell them! So don’t tell them! :sunglasses:
They are only concerned about the Revenue per day on your wagon! They have NONE for your legal issues or anything else! HTH! :wink:

stvme2519:

Yer not wrong there ‘stvme2519’ :open_mouth: :unamused: I’m in total agreement with you :laughing: :laughing:

Kindest Regards
Dave Penn;

:smiley: :wink:

This is easy get him put in writing that he is aware you are having dificulty seeing out or your windscreen and that he has forbiden you from washing the truck after receving the letter off him mention that should you have an accident he would be up for corperate manslaughter should any one die as a result of his instructions. Then go out side and get a hosepipe or bucket of water an clean the windscreen that way it’ll take you 10 minutes

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express