Not a very good image for white rose transport of york

:unamused:

i hope you was sat in the passenger seat i wouldn’t want to see anything dangerous been done

i,m not defending him but how do you know the car driver wasnt being a ■■■■■ you know 60-58-54-60 what else can you do except sit on his tail. you would end up either sat in the middle lane or going backwards, all the same you may be right and he was acting like a dik

Mr B:
i hope you was sat in the passenger seat i wouldn’t want to see anything dangerous been done

Lol no my camera on my phone (mounted to the screen) operates with one press just like changing radio stations or opening a window

chaversdad:
i,m not defending him but how do you know the car driver wasnt being a [zb]? you know 60-58-54-60 what else can you do except sit on his tail. you would end up either sat in the middle lane or going backwards, all the same you may be right and he was acting like a dik

Erm i was overtaking him and the car was travelling at the same speed when we both approached it, the other lorry only eased off when he was that distance away.

he may have been trying to take your picture and didn’t notice the car in front of him? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

bubsy06:

chaversdad:
i,m not defending him but how do you know the car driver wasnt being a [zb]? you know 60-58-54-60 what else can you do except sit on his tail. you would end up either sat in the middle lane or going backwards, all the same you may be right and he was acting like a dik

Erm i was overtaking him and the car was travelling at the same speed when we both approached it, the other lorry only eased off when he was that distance away.

ahhh, so it was your fault he was tailgating, you should have realised he was gaining on the car and slowed and flashed him out :wink: :wink:

bubsy06:
What a [zb] idiot

I agree, but how did you know the car driver drove for White Rose Transport. :laughing:

bubsy06:
What a [zb] idiot, i was passing him on the m5 this evening and because he couldnt pull out he decided to drive about 5ft from the car in front. This was at a speed of about 54mph and the car had not just pulled in front of the truck.

And you have never put a foot wrong i suspect !!

DUFFMAN:

bubsy06:
What a [zb] idiot, i was passing him on the m5 this evening and because he couldnt pull out he decided to drive about 5ft from the car in front. This was at a speed of about 54mph and the car had not just pulled in front of the truck.

Yeh, i once drove at 31mph in a 30mph zone, that was pretty dangerous, dont think it was as dangerous as travelling at 54mph in a HGV 5ft from the back of a car tho?

Errr!
(1) That’s never 5 foot, Too close though I admit!
(2) If you were all travelling on the same road and you saw him catching a slow moving car up quickly, why not back off a second and let him out.
In the Eyes of the law. You have done nothing wrong and he is an out and out criminal.
In the eyes of the professional road user, you’ve just made a fellow road user’s life. Just that bit harder.

bubsy06:

DUFFMAN:

bubsy06:

Yeh, i once drove at 31mph in a 30mph zone, that was pretty dangerous, dont think it was as dangerous as travelling at 54mph in a HGV 5ft from the back of a car tho?

You have obviously seen everything in your very illustrious but very short driving career,and i will give you a very good tip,try worrying more about your own short-falls and less about grassing another driver who could possibly lose his job in these very difficult times. I appreciate you may not have agreed with his manner of driving, but in my opinion why didn’t you try to let him know how you felt at the time, rather than trying to expose him in your own pathetic wet behind the ears attitude !!

How much time would it have cost you to read the road ahead & flash the other driver out ? Instead of blocking him in, as we can all see that is what you done.This is why there are so many H G V crashes these days,many in too much of a hurry to be thinking of other road users.Just a thought if you were not playing with your phone/camera you might have had time to read the road situation ?

Will:
How much time would it have cost you to read the road ahead & flash the other driver out ? Instead of blocking him in, as we can all see that is what you done.This is why there are so many H G V crashes these days,many in too much of a hurry to be thinking of other road users.Just a thought if you were not playing with your phone/camera you might have had time to read the road situation ?

I read the road situation matey, and managed to take a pic too :wink:
I was side by side with him for about 2 mins before we approached the car, he was pulling an empty flatbed I was full, highway code says “168
Being overtaken. If a driver is trying to overtake you, maintain a steady course and speed, slowing down if necessary to let the vehicle pass. Never obstruct drivers who wish to pass. Speeding up or driving unpredictably while someone is overtaking you is dangerous. Drop back to maintain a two-second gap if someone overtakes and pulls into the gap in front of you” Also it says "163
Overtake only when it is safe and legal to do so. You should

• not get too close to the vehicle you intend to overtake" both he failed to abide by, I cant figure out how that makes me the bad driver :confused: :confused:
    My family drive and I wouldnt want ■■■■ heads like that riding a few feet from the back of their cars :imp:
    Not much gets left of a car that gets rear ended by a lorry

Call yourself a pro driver sticking up for is idiots like that :unamused:

bubsy06:

jesus what is wrong with people on this forum ■■ for christ sake everyone sticking thier beaks into other peoples stuff rather than getting on with their own lives …
and whether you admit it or not you took a picture whilst driving , so , the question is which of the three of them was in the wrong ■■

and just to add , thats quite a good picture , was it the first try or was thier others ■■ because you say its one click to take a picture so its a bit far fetched to get it first time …

i’ll agree with bubsy on that one it should be the slower vehicle that dropped back and pulled out in his wake thoughi dont agree with taking pics while driving unless theres a very short skirt involved

bubsy06:

Will:

I read the road situation matey, and managed to take a pic too :wink:
I was side by side with him for about 2 mins before we approached the car, he was pulling an empty flatbed I was full, highway code says “168
Being overtaken. If a driver is trying to overtake you, maintain a steady course and speed, slowing down if necessary to let the vehicle pass. Never obstruct drivers who wish to pass. Speeding up or driving unpredictably while someone is overtaking you is dangerous. Drop back to maintain a two-second gap if someone overtakes and pulls into the gap in front of you” Also it says "163
Overtake only when it is safe and legal to do so. You should

• not get too close to the vehicle you intend to overtake" both he failed to abide by, I cant figure out how that makes me the bad driver :confused: :confused:
    My family drive and I wouldnt want ■■■■ heads like that riding a few feet from the back of their cars :imp:

Mate,we’ve all been in situations like this and where it’s not right to drive up a cars arse,sometimes the attitudes and incompetence of other roadusers contribute to,out of character,actions.
If it was me in the middle lane,i would have read the situation,eased off and helped a fellow driver out.
By the way,if you’re going to spend your time on the road adhering to everything that the ‘Highway Code’ says,you’ll soon get ■■■■■■ off.
Common sense and experience is far more useful.

Firstly after 30 years of driving lorries i have seen a few things on the road & i do consider myself as a pro.Sitting beside a lorry for 2 minutes is not what i would call a " pro " more like a pratt.I still, unlike some drivers flash lorries in & out to pass if i am overtaking.I also slow up if they are beside me for too long trying to overtake me.
Secondly i cannot see that you are so perfect if you are playing with your phone/camera while driving a loaded truck,that is how many accidents are caused,i think that you have left yourself wide open on this one !

yet another touting story, and from another of the “new” breed of driver. :unamused:

Davnic:

He is not much of a driver either, he has reversed over that car :laughing: