Not a very good image for white rose transport of york

bubsy 06 you have opened a can of worms here pal

bubsy06:
Erm i was overtaking him and the car was travelling at the same speed when we both approached it, the other lorry only eased off when he was that distance away.

So by your own admission he had not been consistently following that close, but had caught the car up whilst waiting for you to get out of the way. May be he had eased off & was waiting for the truck to slow off in prefence to applying the brakes being mindful of the domino effect this would have a mile behind. It should not be necessary to brake on a m/way except in exceptional circumstances.
He could clearly see empty road infront of the car & so knew the car driver should have no need to brake suddenly.

Six of one half dozen of the other.
On the one hand you have nicely boxed him off, on the other, he could have seen you coming by, knocked his cruise off a bit sooner & popped out behind you.
Both drivers would benefit from some driver improvement training.

hi all,
would that be the same white rose transport that’s in this months trucking mag?
regards andrew

I must admit that I NEVER drive up a cars arse, not even when I’ve pulled out to pass them, they’ve sped up, I’ve dropped back in behind - rinse and repeat 3 times and I DON’T drive up their arse so that their vehicle has disappeared from my view.

I agree with other sentiments on here, get a ■■■■■■■ life and look after your own driving, there’s enough spy’s watching us all day everyday.

:imp:

I have every right to stick my beak in, If he hit that car and it ended badly I would be the one having to give up my time to give evidence go to court because of someone elses impatients.
There is no excuse to travel that close to a car at all, empty road in front of the car or not :exclamation: Everyone knows how unpredictable car drivers are :unamused: When out on the road how many lorries do you actually see that back off when they are overtaking another lorry approaching a slower vehicle ? exactly, its as rare as rocking horse ■■■■. Some of you take this good samaritan trucker ■■■■ a bit too far, doesnt make sense for me to slow down to let him out then ride behind him and then overtake him again, safest and best way for eveybody was for him to ease off a few clicks, leave a safe gap between him and the car and pull out behind me.
Always seems to be the old breed of trucker that pull off these sort of dangerous manouvers, maybe they think with all that valuable experience they are invincible :unamused: Next time you read of a accident involving a truck keep a look out for the drivers age, very rarely they are under 35 :wink: Us “new breed” seem to care a bit more for the safety and our image when it comes to other road users, some of you might think taking a photo while driving is dangerous (for gods sake dont look at the big blue lorry blog :open_mouth: ) but it is just as dangerous as flicking on the wipers, changing radio stations or picking your nose,

bubsy06:
I have every right to stick my beak in, If he hit that car and it ended badly I would be the one having to give up my time to give evidence go to court because of someone elses impatients.
There is no excuse to travel that close to a car at all, empty road in front of the car or not :exclamation: Everyone knows how unpredictable car drivers are :unamused: When out on the road how many lorries do you actually see that back off when they are overtaking another lorry approaching a slower vehicle ? exactly, its as rare as rocking horse [zb]. Some of you take this good samaritan trucker [zb] a bit too far, doesnt make sense for me to slow down to let him out then ride behind him and then overtake him again, safest and best way for eveybody was for him to ease off a few clicks, leave a safe gap between him and the car and pull out behind me.
Always seems to be the old breed of trucker that pull off these sort of dangerous manouvers, maybe they think with all that valuable experience they are invincible :unamused: Next time you read of a accident involving a truck keep a look out for the drivers age, very rarely they are under 35 :wink: Us “new breed” seem to care a bit more for the safety and our image when it comes to other road users, some of you might think taking a photo while driving is dangerous (for gods sake dont look at the big blue lorry blog :open_mouth: ) but it is just as dangerous as flicking on the wipers, changing radio stations or picking your nose,

i think the problem here with you is its all if’s buts and maybe’s , you also quoted a load of theory early on in the thread … as you’ll find out when you get ya head together is theory dont always work . on the picture it looks like what you wanted it to be but thats just your view at the time , we have nothing else to go on do we ■■ its a still photo after all , so the only thing we can see is the fact you took a picture ( which you freely admitted ) i’m not sure what else you want to hear . you said " you have the right to stick your beak in " well so does everyone else then , consider beaks stuck firmly into you taking pictures while you drive .
i’m not going to respond to this subject anymore regardless of what you post so its up to you …

and just so you know i’m probably one of the older drivers you refered to

bubsy06:

Someone elses impatience■■?..urs u mean■■? :open_mouth: Sat next to him for 2 mins rather then just knock ur speed down & sit behind him or worse still let him catch up with the car but ur to impatient to let him out!!!1 Get a life mate & worry about ur own driving rather then other drivers. Drivers like u make me sick…think ur so ■■■■■■■■ perfect & all other drivers are dangerous. Theres only 1 idiot here & thats u im affraid :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

im going to be as honest as i can busby your an idiot you claimed to be sat next to him for about 2 minutes and that he only got that close to the car when he had to break surely if you were next to him for 2 minutes you would have realised you and him were catching the car why not nock it down a notch for a few seconds and flash him out then continue to pass him once he had pulled back in :unamused:

bubsy06:

Without the wink, that is a sweeping statement :stuck_out_tongue:

Winker

:sunglasses:

bubsy06:
What a [zb] idiot, i was passing him on the m5 this evening and because he couldnt pull out he decided to drive about 5ft from the car in front. This was at a speed of about 54mph and the car had not just pulled in front of the truck.

done a quick estimation i recon he is at least 36 feet off that car when you took the pic, thats taking into account average car length of 12 feet.
now yes thats is close, and as someone else has said you would of seen that truck catching that car as you came to go past. i have backed off when overtaking when i have been half way past a truck and seen him catching the vehicle in front quicker than i would of over taken him. and then again i have carried on past when a vehicle that has been catching the one in front and he has had to brake. you are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill, with your holier than thou attitude, when you are both to blame. what worries me is you perception of distance :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh the Drama of it all…

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

164lv8580:
I’ve read, seen & heard some stuff in my time but never anything as ridiculous as this! Bubs’y, you blocked the blue Volvo in for 2 minutes (your words), leading me to believe you should probably have sat behind him & passed him on the next incline when the Volvo ran out of puff (they inevitably do ha ha) ■■? However you chose to push on, as soon as you pulled into the middle lane you must have seen the silver car & also that the Volvo you were trying to overtake was gaining on said car much quicker than you were gaining on the Volvo■■? You see where this is going Bubs’y don’t you? Instead of flashing the Volvo in, being patient and letting the Volvo pass the silver car, pull back in & give you the thumbs up as you give it some and crack on, you chose to frustrate the Volvo driver, probably frighten the car driver to death, break the law by taking pictures while driving & most importantly annoy me! What kind of moron are you thinking you could take a picture, stick it on here & everyone is going to think your some sort of hero■■? The best thing you could do right now is post the name of the firm you work for, your truck reg & a face pic…that way we can all keep a look out for you & trust me if you did this & I ever found myself being blocked in by you I guarantee you’d move before I backed off! Take it steady boy’s, is there any wonder our industry has ended up like it has when we have people like Bubs’y in the ranks■■?

:wink: :wink: well said … what has happened to drivers looking after each other and to name and shame him on here with a pic is well out of order , my opinion you should have flashed him out… : job is hard enough without plastic policemen :imp:

I didn’t mean name & shame the Volvo driver mate, I meant the idiot who call’s himself Busby should do us all a favour & give us the reg of the truck he drives & a picture of himself so we can all keep a look out for him & bloody stay out of his way! It seem’s that Busby is not content with us all having to contend with the existing authorities, he feel’s there is the requirement for him to take photo’s & to police the highways aswell! Sorry if I didn’t make myself clear fella’s.

164lv8580:
I didn’t mean name & shame the Volvo driver mate, I meant the idiot who call’s himself Busby should do us all a favour & give us the reg of the truck he drives & a picture of himself so we can all keep a look out for him & bloody stay out of his way! It seem’s that Busby is not content with us all having to contend with the existing authorities, he feel’s there is the requirement for him to take photo’s & to police the highways aswell! Sorry if I didn’t make myself clear fella’s.

… thats what i was on about plastic policemen ,yes were on the same wave length :wink: :wink: :wink:

He obviously has now seen the error of his ways as post deleted!!! lmao :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

hate that when numpties go back and delete posts.

glenman:
hate that when numpties go back and delete posts.

If a thread starts and you suspect the OP may go back and delete it, you can often tell, just quote their post in your reply, they can’t delete the quoted post. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

yep, have noticed that before. as i said numpties. a lot of what he has said has been quoted along with the pictures. :slight_smile:

164lv8580:
I’ve read, seen & heard some stuff in my time but never anything as ridiculous as this! Bubs’y, you blocked the blue Volvo in for 2 minutes (your words), leading me to believe you should probably have sat behind him & passed him on the next incline when the Volvo ran out of puff (they inevitably do ha ha) ■■? However you chose to push on, as soon as you pulled into the middle lane you must have seen the silver car & also that the Volvo you were trying to overtake was gaining on said car much quicker than you were gaining on the Volvo■■? You see where this is going Bubs’y don’t you? Instead of flashing the Volvo in, being patient and letting the Volvo pass the silver car, pull back in & give you the thumbs up as you give it some and crack on, you chose to frustrate the Volvo driver, probably frighten the car driver to death, break the law by taking pictures while driving & most importantly annoy me! What kind of moron are you thinking you could take a picture, stick it on here & everyone is going to think your some sort of hero■■? The best thing you could do right now is post the name of the firm you work for, your truck reg & a face pic…that way we can all keep a look out for you & trust me if you did this & I ever found myself being blocked in by you I guarantee you’d move before I backed off! Take it steady boy’s, is there any wonder our industry has ended up like it has when we have people like Bubs’y in the ranks■■?

WOW :neutral_face: