Not a happy father

good luck kit kat and tell your lad to stuff em jumped up tossers and bullys.

1st of all let me say that i’m well impressed with the action swiftly taken by the kings own scottish borderers. well my wife received a call from a major from kosb’s at redford barrack’s 1st thing this morning and he wanted to know exactly what happened,which my wife told him.he then asked what my wife would like him to do to this guy :open_mouth: she said that in her opinion that he should not be doing the job that he is doing and with that rank attached to his arm :open_mouth: and that if he was dealt with severly then we would be very happy to let it go.he agreed with her and said that he will be hammered for this and that he has spent his last time on the recruitment team.she then got a call from a captain from the kosb’s and from redford.he also wanted to know what had happened and was very apologetic for what had happened to our son and that this was not the normal recruitment team’s way off doing thing’s,and that he will not put up with it and the said cpl would be dealt with.i then received a call from the same captain asking me what had happened and was the same with all the sorry’s.he then said that if i wanted i could call the civillian police in if i so wished :exclamation: i said that i was happy for him to deal with him under is own authority.and he assured me that he would be dealt with severly.he also said that he had to give him a chance to talk to him to get his story on this and that was where we left it and he said that he would get back to me this afternoon.
i got the destinct impression that this guy was a bad apple and that this was the final straw.so at 15.10 my wife gets a call from this major saying that the cpl has been kicked out of the team and will be back with his depot by the end of the week and then will be dealt with by his commanding officer ( co) on his return.about 15.30 i received a call from the captain and he informed me that he has admitied to everything apart from the headbutt,as i said to the captain that after 18 years service i would not expect him to admit to that as he knows that if he did admit to that then he would stand to lose a hell of a lot ( ie pension etc) plus face a possible jail sentance via colchester.he will be returned to unit by the weekend.the captain is coming to my house tomorrow night at 18.00hrs with this cpl to apologies to us and my son personnelly because of what has happened,he has also invitied my son back to redford barracks for the next weekend training which will be in 2 months time.

just to add,if your a soldier doing this kind of work ( recruitment) then it is the easiest job that you can get as a soldier,and to be booted off is a total embarrassment to him and his unit,and the unit will not like this and will deal with him on his return to the unit.so i and my wife are very satisfied with this outcome and after tomorrow the case will be closed as far as we are concerned. :wink:

excellent kitkat good you for you and mrs kat some people would have just thought oh well but im pleased for you all… but if i was your lad i wouldnt be going back.

jessicas dad:
excellent kitkat good you for you and mrs kat some people would have just thought oh well but im pleased for you all… but if i was your lad i wouldnt be going back.

thanks m8,but i have had a chat with my son and explained that army life is not all like that,there is another side to the army.why should he not do something that he wants to do. :wink:

pleased for your result kitkat

good luck 2morrow

So long as you (and your lad) are happy, mate. Sorry, but I wouldn’t have been. :open_mouth:

The actions of the Major and the Captain both show that they know the potential fall-out from this incident, not just with regard to the Cpl but for the whole unit and their Duty of Care to the individuals that they are responsible for (i.e. your lad). I’m sure the CO was extremely relived to hear you were going to accept their offer of an apology etc.

With recruiting not being at it’s strongest just now, I would be worried if the Cpl is really going to get the treatment / punishment he should, in proportion to the crime. I think he’ll get away too lightly with it once back at his own unit.

You’re right in what you tell your lad about there being a lot more to the army than that. The thing to remember is though, make sure he realises how many Op Tours there are nowadays!! Even back in '98 I was starting my third (6 month) Balkans Op Tour less that 18 months after my first!! It made a 3 year tour of NI (10 years before) seem ‘easy’. :open_mouth:

A lot of recruits are lost nowadays because no-one tells them exactly how it is now. The commitment to Iraq was supposed to be reducing before now, instead there are plans to increase it! Afgahnistan is still ongoing and will be the focus of a large scale effort in early 2006 (was going to be late 2005 but there isn’t quite enough troops!). Long term plans have already been made for going into sort out the Congo; see how much emphasis has been placed on Tropical Climate trg just lately!!

Kitkat, make sure your lad knows about all the above as it is a difficult situation to deal with if 'young ‘uns’ are not (mentally) prepared. All of the above info is readily accessable on the www with just a bit of clever searching, not to mention keeping in touch with ‘old coleagues’ etc etc :wink:

I glad you got it sorted :smiley:

Pleased you got it sorted at least to your satisfaction Kitkat, tend to agree with Marcus though, I’d have taken it further, even if only with the Army.

Never been in the forces so no authority on the matter but that’s probably how deepcut started :question:

marcustandy:
So long as you (and your lad) are happy, mate. Sorry, but I wouldn’t have been. :open_mouth:
The actions of the Major and the Captain both show that they know the potential fall-out from this incident, not just with regard to the Cpl but for the whole unit and their Duty of Care to the individuals that they are responsible for (i.e. your lad). I’m sure the CO was extremely relived to hear you were going to accept their offer of an apology etc.
With recruiting not being at it’s strongest just now, I would be worried if the Cpl is really going to get the treatment / punishment he should, in proportion to the crime. I think he’ll get away too lightly with it once back at his own unit.

You’re right in what you tell your lad about there being a lot more to the army than that. The thing to remember is though, make sure he realises how many Op Tours there are nowadays!! Even back in '98 I was starting my third (6 month) Balkans Op Tour less that 18 months after my first!! It made a 3 year tour of NI (10 years before) seem ‘easy’. :open_mouth:

A lot of recruits are lost nowadays because no-one tells them exactly how it is now. The commitment to Iraq was supposed to be reducing before now, instead there are plans to increase it! Afgahnistan is still ongoing and will be the focus of a large scale effort in early 2006 (was going to be late 2005 but there isn’t quite enough troops!). Long term plans have already been made for going into sort out the Congo; see how much emphasis has been placed on Tropical Climate trg just lately!!

Kitkat, make sure your lad knows about all the above as it is a difficult situation to deal with if 'young ‘uns’ are not (mentally) prepared. All of the above info is readily accessable on the www with just a bit of clever searching, not to mention keeping in touch with ‘old coleagues’ etc etc :wink:

Totally agree. I also think that not a lot is going on behind the scenes despite what they’re telling you. Don’t let it drop, keep on at it and go to the press - they love these kind of stories.

I think you’re off your head to let it drop. Just have yourself a sit down and think of the severity of what’s happened and who did it. :open_mouth: Unbelievable.

1st of all rob,i ain’t one off them guy’s that go running to the press everytime something happens.i was offered the chance to get the civillian police involved but i opted out as i’d rather it was kept in doors so to speak.there has been enough happening within the british army with deepcut and although i have been out for 11 years now i still have people in that i know and still keep in contact with ( from time to time).unless you have served in the forces which i know a couple of you’s have then and only then will you fully understand how the forces deal with things in the way of discipline. :exclamation: this guy’s punishment has not finished yet,he has still to face his co ( commanding officer) on his return to his unit.he has only 4 years left for his 22 are up and depending on what action his co takes will determine if his pension etc is effected.is that not enough punishment. :question: :wink:

kitkat:
is that not enough punishment. :question: :wink:

Not for head-butting my son without just cause, no it bloody well isn’t, quite simply. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

rob as i said

unless you have served in the forces which i know a couple of you’s have then and only then will you fully understand how the forces deal with things in the way of discipline.

:wink:

Have you found out whats happening to them yet ■■

he was been rtu’d to ireland and is being dealt with by his co at his battallion :wink: :wink:

my lad was invitied to go down to redford barracks in edinburgh ( kings own scottish borders) so off he goes with bag packed.he had arranged to be picked up at motherwell train station by the 2 squaddies that had asked him to go.he arrives and is settled into the training camp just up the road from redford barracks.the plan was to do some night work ie night patrols.he was then told that they would be up at 06.30 to do a mile and a half run ( bft) basic fitness test,then the rest of the day would be paint balling.well they got up at 06.30 and the next thing some lads cd player had been thrown out of the window and was lying on the ground outside.this lad was in a different room from my lad.now my lad never left the room and spent the night chatting to all the lads in his room 2 of them where full time soldiers.during the night someone had entered the room with a torch but my lad could not see who it was and never thought anything off it and fell back to sleep.when he awoke he was being blamed for this cd player being chucked out of the window in the other room,which was utterly impossible as he never left the room and has 5 witnesses to back him up on this.now the wee lad who’s cd it was reported it when he had noticed this and one of the lads in this other guy’s room blamed my lad as he knows my boy and the 2 don’t like each other.the full screw ( copral) took my lad aside and questioned him and was giving him some verbal abuse and told him if he was in his regiment then he would kick the zb out of him,and my lads reply to him was i won’t be in your regiment and the next thing this ■■■■ headbutts my lad.after this all the boys where sent home due to this incident and when my lad arrived home at around mid-day i and his mum were furious and i have e-mailed their rhq and i hope i will get a reply some time next week.if i don’t get any joy then i will be on the phone to the edinburgh police to lunch an official complaint.there has been enough trouble with deepcut and all them lads and lassies taking their own lives.is this the way the british army is recruiting youngsters nowadays.never saw this when i was in. :wink:

How olds your lad if you dont mind me asking KK■■?

simon

If he’s only 16 i’d be straight down to the CO of the camp then down the copshop then to the papers because he’s still a minor.

Its [zb]ing wrong putting up with these bullying [zb]s in the forces and what makes me sick is we have the best army in the world but with all the bad press lately eventually we wont have an army

Good luck to your lad KK and dont let this setback put him off as im sure not all units are like that

simon

Good luck to your lad KK and dont let this setback put him off as im sure not all units are like that

that’s what i told him simon,i’m hoping he’ll join my old lot.i’m going to see what reply i get from their hq,and if he ain’t been dealt with then i’ll go to the police :wink:

Yes good luck to your lad kitkat :smiley: .