Not a happy father

My first thoughts were I would go to the unit personally, and kick ■■■■ out of the fullscrew. But you would get a better result by going direct to the military police.
The punishment for the ■■■■■■ would be far more severe from them than by the civil police.

I hope your son isn’t put off going in the forces by this incident as I know not all places are like that

Kitkat, i agree with David51, what this corpral did is not a like a punch up in camp, he is there to protect your lad against such violence, and not to dish it out,and by headbutting your lad has committed ,as seen by the military a very serious offence
Go to his CO and then to the military Police
Geoff

David5l:
But you would get a better result by going direct to the military police.
The punishment for the [zb] would be far more severe from them than by the civil police.

I disagree David. By going to the civi police first it will be brought to the attention of the RMP as well and will be investigated from both sides.

Whilst it is true that no-one (including the military) can be ‘done’ twice for the same crime, what will actually happen is that the civi action will go through and then the military procedings will be begin based on, as a mimimum, Section 69 (Bringing the Army into Disrepute). For such an action I doubt the Cpl will get much change out of a stretch in MCTC (Colchester nick).

Kitkat, I would be down there kicking off as much as you can whilst keeping the moral high gound (i.e. resist the temptation to drop anyone etc :wink: ) and ensure that they (the Regiment concerned) don’t try and hide behind the new AGAI 67 as an excuse for how the matter is being dealt with. It is not designed of that sort of incident.

If you need more info on anything PM me and i’ll try and use some contacts I still have on the ‘inside’. :wink:

Somehow, I think this will help to see it’s properly dealt with, even though not at the same barracks.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4453919.stm

thanks for all the tips and advise,i spent 12years in the force and i will not let this go.there are ways to discipline someone for doing wrong,but 1st you need to find out the truth,this ■■■■ was not interested that my lad had 5 witnesses that he did not leave the room and could have in no way chucked this lads cd player out the window.my lad is a typical teenager full of gob etc,but he ain’t one to go around and damage anyone’s kit.i know my lad and i can tell just by his face if he done it or not.plus he knows that if he did do it then i’d be down on him like a ton of bricks,he would have feared me more than that fullscrew,thats for sure. :wink: but it will be sorted.