Not a Chance

Asked by my Agency to do Ceva tomorrow at Hollinwood,Oldham. Earliest I would get a vehicle would be 05:30am,down to Hemel Hempstead, and collection in Birmingham on way back. They have already got me booked out sat morning at 4am, so told them is was too risky on a friday, and a bank holiday one as well. It’s a tight run to start with.

You agency boys always say yous can do anythng so just get on with it since yous always say the wages are thebest

Fascinating

Can’t see the problem here ,so it could be busy ,so what ,if your not back or are late the Saturday run is thier problem not yours ,good job your not running a lorry eh .

“Us agency drivers do all the ■■■■ full timers don’t want to do” (except fridays) :wink:

Aye rite agency in our place take 2 hours more than anyone else and try and refuse to do certain work there all lazy and ways say how much they get blah blah blah agency waste of time and they dont want weekend work :unamused:

Colin_scottish:
they dont want weekend work :unamused:

Agency driver - Dont want to work weekend so dont
Full timer - Dont want to work weekend,tough. Your working because your boss says so.
Thats one of the reasons guys do agency.

The-Snowman:

Colin_scottish:

Full timer - Dont want to work weekend,tough. Your working because your boss says so.

Exactly, hence the reason I left the company I was employed by to go on agency, now got my weekends back, happy days :sunglasses:

I’ve never done a permanent job involving weekends. Only ever agency. Even when I was on safeway I only did Monday to friday

OVLOV JAY:
I’ve never done a permanent job involving weekends. Only ever agency. Even when I was on safeway I only did Monday to friday

Your missing the point. If you dont want to work the weekend as an agency driver,you just say no

Not missing any point, I’ve never had a permanent job with compulsory weekend work, would only do Monday to Friday. I fully accept what you say about refusing to work, and I can do that on my job too. Most agency work I’ve ever done was Tuesday to Saturday or Wednesday to Sunday so refusing the weekend usually meant a 3 day week

Did-ums my heart bleeds, thinks that’s why you’re agency. what drivel :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I would think it’s more likely that the OP actually wants to work Saturday, but knows that if Friday goes ■■■■ up so that he can’t start at 4am, then the agency will simply give his Saturday shift to someone else and he will end up with no work for the day.

My point is this , it’s down to the driving hours. The distance to Hemel from Oldham is 190mls. That would be about 4 hrs drive,minimum,not allowing for the 50mph contraflow from M1 J19 downwards. I did Watford a couple weeks ago, and that was 4 and half hours to the gate if Mirror Print. Now factor on having to go into Brum on the way back, and the extra mileage and time on a Friday on the M6.Any hold ups is seriously going to run me up to 10hrs. I’d no guarantee that when I went in at half 5 there would a Vehicle for me. If I had left much after that, then it’s peak traffic round the M60 pass the airport and out to the M6. How much driving time that would put on I don’t know. Coming back to Saturday, I’m down for a 4am start, and that contract pays £16ph on Saturdays, min 8hrs. So you can see why I didn’t want to take the job. They have however now put me on a 6am start, going to Knowsley,Chester ,Rhyl and back, so it’s happy days.

Colin_scottish:
Aye rite agency in our place take 2 hours more than anyone else and try and refuse to do certain work there all lazy and ways say how much they get blah blah blah agency waste of time and they dont want weekend work :unamused:

I’ve always refused certain types of work when on agency…

…The badly paid stuff that involves any hard work. I prefer the easy stuff on decent money. I leave the harder stuff on poor rates to the boys that have to bend over and do what their employer says! :grimacing:

Try telling that to your mortgage advisor.

The-Snowman:
Fascinating

:laughing:

The-Snowman:

Colin_scottish:

• 1 :laughing:

OVLOV JAY:
“Us agency drivers do all the [zb] full timers don’t want to do” (except fridays) :wink:

you forgot to say we also do the work better

Truckulent:

Colin_scottish:

I’ve always refused certain types of work when on agency…

…The badly paid stuff that involves any hard work. I prefer the easy stuff on decent money. I leave the harder stuff on poor rates to the boys that have to bend over and do what their employer says! :grimacing:

like it lol