Not a bad pay rise

If the link works this appears to be a decent rise for Home bargains drivers

business-live.co.uk/economi … ssion=true

That works out just over 3grand a month before the filthy tax man robs you! ■■■■ where do i sign up :question:

the maoster:
If the link works this appears to be a decent rise for Home bargains drivers

business-live.co.uk/economi … ssion=true

I’m sat in Axis right now and everyone still seems pretty miserable.
Wonder if there is a weighting allowance for down south at amesbury.

There is a firm where Milton Keynes drivers get £10k pa more than Warrington for exact same job

That’s bloody good is that in my view I bet it includes weekends though but if it’s not every weekend and a rota then I’d be knocking on the door if I was north west based,

All depends on the fine details of course, but well done those members and stewards and possibly regional officers of the union who would all have done their bit here :sunglasses:
No thanks to the non union members, who will also benefit (often the most through ■■■■ taking) from this decent negotiated agreement.

Interesting how the news has leaked, good free recruitment advertising there for the company, they should have enough applicants for some careful cherry picking.

Note its own account in house transport, not hire and reward.
Also i suspect there’s been some movement re driver flexibility hours shifts etc to gain such a raise even if it is over two years.
And that’s how it should be, management and union working together so everyone wins.

It puts my non life changing 50p an hour raise to shame. :laughing:
Non union firm v Union firm, there lies the difference, the members of the State backed anti Trade Union brainwashed can say wtf they like. :bulb:

The cynic in me remembers what Priti Patel suggested…

Immigrant workers only allowed in if they can fill jobs that have a salary of £36k.

Odd they have just gone over the top of this threshold. Maybe we will see a lot of these types of jobs go over that amount now.

Wonder how long before they go out of business?

£36k is a take home of £538 pw.
Not exactly mega money and it sounds like their shifts/hours have worsened for it

Unite said the deal was “overwhelmingly” supported by the workforce.

wow you don’t say, lol

The hourly rate increase - will presumably flow through to agency rates, regardless of any new restrictions on shift allowances that might come in as part of this “package”.

I was wondering when more firms move in the same direction as Royal Mail, for example - already paying £19.48ph via agencies pertemps and manpower…

As for those who think “rising pay - hastens that firm going out of business”
I would point to that old chestnut STOBARTS who’ve paid VERY low wages for years and years - and DESPITE that, are always on the verge of going under themselves suggesting that their greatest “leak” in the business is NOT “The Payroll”…! :bulb: :bulb:

Winseer:
The hourly rate increase - will presumably flow through to agency rates, regardless of any new restrictions on shift allowances that might come in as part of this “package”.

It may well do. Homebase have given their drivers an 11.4% wage rise, as an agency driver at HJ I got an 11% wage rise this year and I’ve seen agency rates rising in general at the decent agencies who actually employ on PAYE.

idrive:
Not exactly mega money and it sounds like their shifts/hours have worsened for it

If you bothered to read the article it said their hourly rate had been increased from £15.85 to £17.67.

The HR bod is going to have a full inbox on Monday.

That should be what all hgv drivers get.This BS about pay killing firms is cack.Most of the firms are now run by accounts staff for greedy investors.Lots of firms in the black go bump because investors want more…

Conor:

idrive:

If you bothered to read the article it said their hourly rate had been increased from £15.85 to £17.67.

Well done, your university education is showing through.
Hourly rate is not the point.
It’s still £538 take home and I doubt there will be overtime.
If you are supporting a family this is just a living wage really, not mega money and not something that deserves trumpeting in the media as good publicity for a behemoth that is begrudgingly bringing wages into line.
It’s a shame that that is how things are.
It’s also hard work. High street stores, soulless workplace, poverty fleet etc

“The deal was agreed after management proposed changes to workers’ shift and payment schedule”
They will be paying for it somehow with worse or longer shifts.

And please change your signature, it makes me wretch

It’s a good wage mon/fri.

Where I lose interest is the"change to shift schedule"part.

Ideally, it would be no more than a 48 hour week over four shifts - BUT it’ll probably end up being over 5 shifts. Hopefully, it won’t be over 5 shifts if two of them include weekends as well - right?

Wasswrongwiv 4x12 four-on-four off generally though, IF weekends MUST be included in that?

4 on 4 off,is the only way I’d ever entertain weekends.

if that’s £36000 basic then yes all good, overtime weekends bank holidays and so on then £36,000 is decidedly average.

The biggest range depot in the country is next door to my place and not one single driver has left to go to the range.

It’s what goes in the bank net that counts.

As a comparison Tradeteam are advertising for drivers in Knowsley at 29.5k and that’s ■■■■■■■ kegs in to pubs all day. I know which one I’d work for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk