Northwest Trucks

gingerfold:
Stuart Street power station, which was supplied with coal from Bradford Colliery with an underground conveyor belt.

Much more entertainment there than Old Trafford , people look at me strange when i say there used to be a football team there … now where’s my hard hat

Spotted in Trafford park also parked their was a Bedford KM but unable to get photo due to another wagon parked right in front of it.

Water Street Manchester in November 1972 showing a Reeds Transport LV ERF waiting in the queue to tip at Lloyd’s Transport & Warehousing.
The 1967 Dodge K Series, Reg No XUP 488F, was operated by Stanworths Transport of Burnley.

The entrance to Lloyd’s Transport & Warehousing depot at the bottom of Water Street.

Once inside this was the scene at Lloyd’s Transport & Warehousing depot and head office which was located at the bottom of Water Street Manchester.

In the line up waiting to tip, amongst others, is another Reeds Transport LV ERF alongside one of Dexters Atkinson’s.

Waiting to remove their sheets before unloading.

A rare sight of a driver folding his sheets with all the curtainsiders on the road today.

The Atkinson Borderer on the left, waiting to unload, was operated by William Nuttall of Clifton near Manchester.

A side shot of William Nuttall’s Atkinson Borderer waiting to unload.

All those loads of reels would have been Newsprint for the likes of the Daily Express and Daily Mirror as well as other Northern based publications.

Moomooland
I,m sure that second photo of Water St ,Entrance to LLoyds Became the yard for Andrews & Bond before they moved to Irlam . I have a sketch on the wall at home that is of Andrews & Bonds yard and the building at the back of the yard says TransLLoyd. When my Dad first worked for them ( Andrews & Bond ) they were based at Water St

Boatchaser:
Moomooland
I,m sure that second photo of Water St ,Entrance to LLoyds Became the yard for Andrews & Bond before they moved to Irlam . I have a sketch on the wall at home that is of Andrews & Bonds yard and the building at the back of the yard says TransLLoyd. When my Dad first worked for them ( Andrews & Bond ) they were based at Water St

Yes your right it did become their yard before they moved to Irlam.

Lloyd’s Transport & Warehousing.head office on Water Street.

The 1968 registered Atkinson Mk I Silver Knight 4x2 tractor unit, Reg No DTJ 743G, was operated by William Nuttall of Clifton near Manchester.
It is pictured on Water Street Manchester in 1972 while waiting to unload reels of paper at Lloyd’s Transport & Warehousing.
The 1967 Dodge K Series, Reg No XUP 488F, was operated by Stanworths Transport of Burnley.

Another shot taken in the depot showing a Lloyd’s Commer loaded with news print.

Prestwich Parker AEC from Manchester. 1969.

manchester 69.PNG

manchester 691.PNG

A couple of Seddons from the fleet of Vitafoam Middleton Manchester used for the movement of Latex

An early AEC Monarch belonging to Hinchcliffes of Walmersley nr Bury

Joseph Hanson of Huddersfield

A Bowker Volvo in Wigan town centre on Friday August 14th 2020.
The signage on the lorries curtains is Evans Hygeine Products.
The time is 09.55 a.m. and the pedestrians are " Social Distancing "
in a short queue at NatWest Bank on Standishgate, due to open at 10.a.m.

Ray Smyth.

Gilbraith of Accrington ran quite a few Albion’s during the 60s and they were also Leyland/Albion agents with a base at Botany Bay just of the M61 at Chorley

Gilbraith of Accrington Albion Reiver..jpg

Stanfield:
Gilbraith of Accrington ran quite a few Albion’s during the 60s and they were also Leyland/Albion agents with a base at Botany Bay just of the M61 at Chorley

Hi, John, is that the Gilbraith that bought Foggarty Bros?

Retired Old ■■■■:

Stanfield:

Hi, John, is that the Gilbraith that bought Foggarty Bros?

Not sure about that ROF I think that may have been Gilbraith (TS) of Blackburn who were bought by Pollock Scotrans in 2014 ROF.
Gilbraith for Transport of Accrington were mainly tippers in the 60s and later ran chemical tankers they were bought by Imperial Tankers and are now part of the Sutton group

IIRC, Gilbraiths did take Foggerty over, I used to deliver reels of paper into their depot which was for a wallpaper Co at Darwin, Their place was along side some railway lines, Very dated if I may say so, I cant remember the wallpaper Cos name, But it was at Potters Branch up a very steep incline AKA Half Shaft Hill :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

IIRC, Gilbraiths did take Foggerty over, I used to deliver reels of paper into their depot which was for a wallpaper Co at Darwin, Their place was along side some railway lines, Very dated if I may say so, I cant remember the wallpaper Cos name, But it was at Potters Branch up a very steep incline AKA Half Shaft Hill :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

Crown wallpaper were based in Darwen Larry would it have been there you delivered to.

transportphotos.com/road/photos
Fogarty/Gilbraith of Blackburn-- Leyland T45 Roadtrain

Another Albion Reiver tipper of Gilbraith of Accrington (Paul Anderson photo) Plus a Leyland Octopus Tanker

All credit to SCP for the photo/text ERF EC11 Michael Wood Services M5.
Oily

moomooland:
6Water Street Manchester in November 1972 showing a Reeds Transport LV ERF waiting in the queue to tip at Lloyd’s Transport & Warehousing.
2The entrance to Lloyd’s Transport & Warehousing depot at the bottom of Water Street.
5 Once inside this was the scene at Lloyd’s Transport & Warehousing depot and head office which was located at the bottom of Water Street Manchester.
7In the line up waiting to tip, amongst others, is another Reeds Transport LV ERF alongside one of Dexters Atkinson’s.
4Waiting to remove their sheets before unloading.
3A rare sight of a driver folding his sheets with all the curtainsiders on the road today.
1The Atkinson Borderer on the left, waiting to unload, was operated by William Nuttall of Clifton near Manchester.
0A side shot of William Nuttall’s Atkinson Borderer waiting to unload.

Superb photos there moomooland , it was a similar scene at Trinity paper mill at Holcombe and one at Little Lever which i can’t remember the name of. Drivers taking off their sheets and other drivers helping to fold them up. Brilliant memories

Stanfield:
Crown wallpaper were based in Darwen Larry would it have been there you delivered to.

transportphotos.com/road/photos
Fogarty/Gilbraith of Blackburn-- Leyland T45 Roadtrain 2
Another Albion Reiver tipper of Gilbraith of Accrington (Paul Anderson photo) Plus a Leyland Octopus Tanker

Hi John, It was Crown where I used to take the paper to, It was a place I went quite a lot then reload with waste paper for Hendon Paper Mill at Sunderland, Regards Larry.

ramone:

moomooland:
6Water Street Manchester in November 1972 showing a Reeds Transport LV ERF waiting in the queue to tip at Lloyd’s Transport & Warehousing.
2The entrance to Lloyd’s Transport & Warehousing depot at the bottom of Water Street.
5 Once inside this was the scene at Lloyd’s Transport & Warehousing depot and head office which was located at the bottom of Water Street Manchester.
7In the line up waiting to tip, amongst others, is another Reeds Transport LV ERF alongside one of Dexters Atkinson’s.
4Waiting to remove their sheets before unloading.
3A rare sight of a driver folding his sheets with all the curtainsiders on the road today.
1The Atkinson Borderer on the left, waiting to unload, was operated by William Nuttall of Clifton near Manchester.
0A side shot of William Nuttall’s Atkinson Borderer waiting to unload.

Superb photos there moomooland , it was a similar scene at Trinity paper mill at Holcombe and one at Little Lever which i can’t remember the name of. Drivers taking off their sheets and other drivers helping to fold them up. Brilliant memories

It was Broadbent’s at Little Lever, which was also part of Trinity Paper Mills, the site is being developed for housing I believe. The third paper mill in the group was Marshall’s at Bolton. The site is alongside the A666 and has Arnold Clarke car showrooms as one of the businesses on the site.