Northeners. Cheap labour?

Young_AL:
Also we get out in the rain don’t need a shiny coat and a pair of gloves to take a sheet off. Or was I trained properly?

Before you all start yeah I’m 24 I learnt how to rope and sheet at 15. Did it for 2 years before enlisting come out. Straight back on it. I’m not a pro but I learnt me dads way 25 ongoing years on the road he must be doing something right!!?

25 years to rope and sheet a trailer? He’s doing it wrong.

kjw21:

Young_AL:
Also we get out in the rain don’t need a shiny coat and a pair of gloves to take a sheet off. Or was I trained properly?

Before you all start yeah I’m 24 I learnt how to rope and sheet at 15. Did it for 2 years before enlisting come out. Straight back on it. I’m not a pro but I learnt me dads way 25 ongoing years on the road he must be doing something right!!?

25 years to rope and sheet a trailer? He’s doing it wrong.

Hey what do we have for the ■■■■ comedian? Disentry I hope…

It’s that cheap that 93 to 97 my dad had to tramp out of chard to show the southerners how to do a days work!? Yep was hard on me mam she had 4 of us to deal with but on the eve of there 30th anniversary I say god salute them.

Keep talking pal I’m in sheff any time

Young_AL:
It’s that cheap that 93 to 97 my dad had to tramp out of chard to show the southerners how to do a days work!? Yep was hard on me mam she had 4 of us to deal with but on the eve of there 30th anniversary I say god salute them.

Best you try some southern shandy, I think.

Scanner:

Young_AL:

Best you try some southern shandy, I think.

Best you try a proper northern pint shag

Love to, just not whilst I’m on the internet. I might suddenly become really witty and start using colloqialisms that only make sense to a small percentage of the population.

Funny old world ain’t it. You have the Chinese and east europeans demanding higher wages and northeners insisting its there right to work for less. But then I guess its in there DNA to prefer benefits or tax credits to earning a decent living or maybe its that they feel sorry for the guvnor who has had to keep his Bentley for an extra year or spend a fortune on his new stunt plane.

Ex Haulier:
Funny old world ain’t it. You have the Chinese and east europeans demanding higher wages and northeners insisting its there right to work for less. But then I guess its in there DNA to prefer benefits or tax credits to earning a decent living or maybe its that they feel sorry for the guvnor who has had to keep his Bentley for an extra year or spend a fortune on his new stunt plane.

And you’ll be on £2.50 an hour■■?

We’d buy you’re are all “English” aren’t you so that removes your right to slag them as you’d be in the same army.

That’s the way I see it anyway.

You’re obviously sore about losing the work & having a little vent on here which is fair enough but you can’t moan about the drivers doing the job at RB for £x.

The transport arm of RB has run at a loss for many, many years (rrturned to profit in the last year or so i think) to support the cold store so in effect you are competing with an artificially created entity, good luck with that! So unless you have a cold store as well as a transport arm, you can’t compete.

Write to your MP and demand cabotage rules be applied to English truckers in England for English to protect the English against the English or would you be scared of sounding silly :smiley:

Rikki-UK:
Your tone is somewhat offensive, and you seem incapable of understanding the market economy The Northern Brethren may not get the same hourly rate as you, but we don’t live in overpriced houses either- long story short the overheads are less so they can do the job cheaper, - that’s capalitism for you, the system this country works under. No-one owes you the right to do the work just because your local, either compete on price or service levels , in business nothing else counts- you lost the job because your uncompetitive , having a go because people can have a better standard of living on a less hourly rate is just niave bordering on stupidity

Well said.

Ken.

Haha southern fairy

3 wheeler:

Young_AL:

3 wheeler:

stobarttrucker:
do’nt complain about being underpriced for doing the same job,if you aint happy retrain.
personally i would’nt live down south rent free but everybody has different needs :smiley:

No you wont live Rent free down here…It costs a fortune for a garage let alone a house. And NONE are free.

Just being cheeky

Move north it’s cheaper :slight_smile:

No Mortgage any more house paid up, So perhaps we could swop it for Burnley or Colne !

Oi, nowt wrong with Burnley (well some parts of it) :laughing:

Trucker’s Girl:

3 wheeler:

Young_AL:

3 wheeler:

stobarttrucker:
do’nt complain about being underpriced for doing the same job,if you aint happy retrain.
personally i would’nt live down south rent free but everybody has different needs :smiley:

No you wont live Rent free down here…It costs a fortune for a garage let alone a house. And NONE are free.

Just being cheeky

Move north it’s cheaper :slight_smile:

No Mortgage any more house paid up, So perhaps we could swop it for Burnley or Colne !

Oi, nowt wrong with Burnley (well some parts of it) :laughing:

Haha…knew someone would bite, its nice in the little bit where I lived 15 yrs ago and not nice in some fairly big bits…and you have a lovely Canal.

Ex Haulier:

You are a right jumped up prick ain’t ya! I’m no ■■■■■■■ “Skint Scab” from up North and I ain’t claiming benefits, grafted all my life since I left school at 16 now I’m 33. Which I could meet you at a truckstop sometime and you could tell me this story again pal, you would have to have a stomach for hospital food though and a good dentist! :wink:

Remember the stobart in front of you in the “darn sarth” layby is likely to be a northerner on crap money because the firm won’t pay the local going rate down here like say, Saints will.

“Flooding the market with cheap labour” is as much about cloth cap “Goin downt pit half an hour before going to bed and pay pit owner to employ uz” areas that vote labour as it is about immigrants who’ll vote labour in gratitude of all the benefits they get straight out the gate. :wink:

Just think though - if we hadn’t had 13 years of labour to blame for the current “migrant worker fiasco”, we’d be able to blame the Tories instead. Good riddance to both of 'em!

Mind you, the Tories dropped the ball as soon as they didn’t reverse Labour’s spending plans, and now we’ve got milliband saying he won’t reverse Tory intended cuts as well. Both as bad as each other. Consign 'em to the dustbin of History like the Whigs. All any government needed to do to bring back localised employment nationwide is to get rid of tax-offset expenses (discouraging people to commute except for lots more money) and get rid of Europe (encouraging local firms to set up trade routes with far away towns within the UK, especially ports to pick up the stuff the foreigners now are obliged to dump there from abroad, because of the high overheads we now charge for them to drive on our roads. :wink:

i suppose if all you’ve ever known is down south it will seem great,i allways think of london is to england what new york is to america,plenty of money going round but more than their share of violence and crime and way too busy.

Ex Haulier:

Just think that if you came across as someone who had an education you might have kept the contract.

Well, this threads gonna go one way or the other - locked or say, 6 pages? :laughing: :laughing:

This should have been pulled immediately. Mr Mod.

They can’t even do proper fish and chips :unamused: