ERF EC14 - (M297XKD) - R D Jones & Son:

MACK - ACK645V - Billington Bros, Conwy:

HPIM2074.JPG

MAN - Mars-Jones - (OY16UKC):

Renault - OJ20OJJ - O J Jones & Son:

Not sure but think this company is from North Wales, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Not sure but think this company is from North Wales, Buzzer

Denbighshire to be correct, I used to load Alloy Ingots from their yard in Ruthin in the 90s, They were very well set up They had their own big weighbridge, A good set of lads had you loaded in a flash and on ones way, They stored these Ingots for Alcan who had a Plant on Anglesea in those days, They were for the Alcan Plant at Lynemouth, Sadley now closed down, Regards Larry.

I’ve not seen E.O.Bishop of Johnstown featured.
He’d Six(?) six-wheeled Thames traders, and worked out of The Brandy, Johnstown, Wrexham. To all intents, it was Rhosllanerchrugog.
In the early Sixties, I think, traffic had to be established to obtain the out of area usage.
His vehicles carried refractory bricks for the South Wrexham area.
He was commonly known as Ernie Owen, and had a financial interest in The Dart Brick Co. Ltd. in the Wxm Trading estate. I seem to remember a mucker of his being the boss of Green Bros. (Brymbo) Ltd. Mind, being all things to the company, when he wasn’t driving, he was maintaining the vehicles. 'Think he died in his late Fifties.
At his death, he’d bought a six-wheeled high-bodies Albion tipper, but i cannot lay my hands on a photograph.
The attached picture was taken in February 1962. This was taken with an elementary camera. 'Not sure if the picture has attached itself.

Very best wishes.
Peter Prydderch, Stockport (ex Rhos)

The Lost is found!
Please note that the Albion hasn’t a number plate, and I can only assume that it was new…22/04/1962.
'Don’t know what traffic he had for a tipper, and his son has also long-gone, and cannot be asked.
Also, the signage on the door is now a simplified set of initials.
'Think the pictures are attached.
His son was born ten years earlier, and I suspect the Ernie Owen died in his early Fifties.
That’s as much as I know of E.O.Bishop (Haulage) Co. Ltd.
Very best wishes,
Peter Prydderch

George Maher’s…not quite North Wales but on the border…

00BEE419-9451-4C82-A5E1-15C5A7DAF1A3.jpeg

Alf parry

AFD2A603-BD35-4447-9F4B-4BB79D16E830.jpeg

Boswell’s Connah quay

FE2DE0C3-51B3-4A4E-A0B4-DF3170667D82.jpeg

BSC Shotton…last Atki standing

steelboyf10:

steelboyf10:

[/quote]
Clearing the loft recently revealed this gem .reminded me of my BRS days early 50s

First driven by Kenny Arrowsmith, replaced a J reg F86…the SA400 came to grief on the M1 at J18 heading for Southall being piloted by another Shone’s driver…was replaced by a W reg F7

HPIM2111.JPG

H.T.Hughes.