North Wales Haulage company's

steelboyf10:
And in the colours of John summers pre BSS

Nice old shot John summers had about a dozen of them ,maybe more ,and thats Vauxhalls Luton ,thank you Trevor

tastrucker:

steelboyf10:

Nice old shot John summers had about a dozen of them ,maybe more ,and thats Vauxhalls Luton ,thank you Trevor

Used to be a regular drop at Luton, used to take those small square packs of flat steel, buggers used to move around on the desk… :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

My OLD Mate ,CLIVE Bibby Drove for Sealand Transport for many years , he had a brown Guy iirc the fleet no was 169 ,Cheers BARRY

Mervin Jones of Gwernasfield,North Wales.

Was going to post some 70s 80s Edge pics but there coming out sideways …nevermind

Foden - Gary Catton Haulage - (D731FUW):

zzztD731FUW.jpg

Dens, Wrexham

C0F90E1C-2C13-4C09-A432-C8A3B1351251.jpeg

Ex Shone’s driver, and one of life’s real characters Tommy Wilson passed away over the weekend, whilst in his 90s had not lost his sense of humour. Had the pleasure of working with Tommy, and spent many miles in his 88, both before and after passing my HGV. Not that I could make it go like he did :slight_smile:
Tommy was always full of tales, being a trailer lad, and driver all his working life, spent hours on the pin ball machine in The Halfway at Turn Hill! Back in the good old log book days… :wink:
RIP Tommy

steelboyf10:

Interesting to see one of the triaxle Task dropsise coilers when newish, bit before my time, but they were still using them on internals and down to the marsh wharf well into the 90s at considerable weights, like 50t+.

steelboyf10:
Ex Shone’s driver, and one of life’s real characters Tommy Wilson passed away over the weekend, whilst in his 90s had not lost his sense of humour. Had the pleasure of working with Tommy, and spent many miles in his 88, both before and after passing my HGV. Not that I could make it go like he did :slight_smile:
Tommy was always full of tales, being a trailer lad, and driver all his working life, spent hours on the pin ball machine in The Halfway at Turn Hill! Back in the good old log book days… :wink:
RIP Tommy

Sorry to hear that Tommy is no longer with us, I remember him retiring which must be close to 30 years ago, as you say one of life’s characters.

This Commer artic is in the Isle of Man Motor Museum at Jurby.
I think it was originally a four wheeled rigid but I’m not sure if David Roberts-Malpass was the original owner.

those humbers on the back look very interesting

fredm:
those humbers on the back look very interesting

Humber Super Snipe pick-ups? :open_mouth: ! Robert

Bodfari Quarries MAN.

wales bodfari q.PNG

MAN - Mars-Jones Ltd - (MX66YKR):

Scania G440 - MV12RYB - Emyr Evans:

HPIM2037.JPG

HPIM2043.JPG

Mike, those Volvo’s look pretty plain. They just don’t stand out like the MANs. Pity as the Volvo’s could look smart if painted the old way and in the regular livery!
Paul