North South Divide

When you buy your bacon butty, do you ask for brown sauce or red (ketchup) sauce?

In my experience, if you are north of leicester/brum you strictly ask for brown sauce. They look at you funny if you ask for ketchup … any further south of the M40 you go for the red.

red up here int north.
brown on strangled egg though.
red on curry and chips.
mustard on pork chops.
no milk or sugar in tea or coffee.

Ah, I have this argument with the woman on a fair few occasions. She seems to be under the illusion that red is for bacon, and brown is for sausages. I gotta be honest, she is completely off her head, and if she doesn’t sort this deluded idea out, I’ll be trading her in for a new model.

It’s simple, if there’s bacon involved, then it has to be brown. And yes, of course, we’re both northern.

bacon red sauce, bacon n egg brown sauce :sunglasses:

Reubs766:
Ah, I have this argument with the woman on a fair few occasions. She seems to be under the illusion that red is for bacon, and brown is for sausages. I gotta be honest, she is completely off her head, and if she doesn’t sort this deluded idea out, I’ll be trading her in for a new model.

It’s simple, if there’s bacon involved, then it has to be brown. And yes, of course, we’re both northern.

See I will happily take brown or red on bacon (Im southern), but on sossies it has to be brown.

30yrs ago I got a serious slap in the face for asking a cockerney woman serving in a building site canteen for a bacon cob.

Apparently, cockerknee’s fink a ‘Cob’ is a hard on, a stiffy, upright & stood to attention !

Always red, but if there’s an egg it also has pepper

I’m a Manc… is that Northern? We’re kinda the middle of the UK but North of England :smiley:

Chas:
Apparently, cockerknee’s fink a ‘Cob’ is a hard on, a stiffy, upright & stood to attention !

I once stopped at a butty van on the A13 coming out of London, and the old Cockney asked me straight, “Would you lyk batter on yo stick?”. . .

Squiddy:

Reubs766:

See I will happily take brown or red on bacon (Im southern), but on sossies it has to be brown.

Behave yersel man.
It has to be red on sausages, brown on bacon (possibly red, if yer sick in the head) :smiley:

Red only with a Mac breakfast so you can dip the hash brown tastless thing into, other than that its brown sauce only for Bacon, Sausage, Egg or anything else with the exception of beef curry and chips which needs mayonaise or salad cream.

no sugar, milk only but not to strong. Midlands just below the N/S strip

Madguy :imp:

Has to be brown, red sauce is the work of Satan.
Needs to be proper HP though, these Daddies, supermarket own brands etc don’t hit the spot.

How bout nowt just more bacon with your bacon

Extra bacon on yer bacon … what greasy spoon cafes are you stopping at, animal??

Reubs766:
I once stopped at a butty van on the A13 coming out of London, and the old Cockney asked me straight, “Would you lyk batter on yo stick?”. . .

I used to lodge with an old Geordie woman in her 70’s when I worked in Hemel Hempstead, it was a council estate that was populated from Geordie land 'cos the cockerknee’s wouldn’t budge from the east end in the days before the immigrants.

The first day after moving my gear in, when I’d finished the cooked breakfast that most of you lot dream about, she asked me “havez yower gowt yer bait”.

"My Bait? Dear sweet woman. I’m going to work now, not fishing !

Northeners tend to be quite rude, generally racist & quite full of ■■■■ tbh…!
Stay south & experience true Britain…!

Pimpdaddy:
Northeners tend to be quite rude, generally racist & quite full of [zb] tbh…!

Whaaa? I only asked if you like ketchup or daddies! But whilst your at it Northerners tend to have more of a laugh and Welsh tend to be the friendliest on the road if your playing that card brother.

If anyone puts red sauce on anything in my house they would soon feel the coolness of a 2 bore shotgun in there necks , and asked to drop said infected food on the floor and let the dog eat it , at least the dog can get the taste out of its mouth by licking his nuts. ■■■■ southerners with there fairy ways :smiley:

Pimpdaddy:

brown sauce on everything! :open_mouth: even southern, shandy swilling ■■■■ er knees! Think you’ll find you lot down south are more racist, we just tell it how it is! Manchester over and out! :open_mouth: :unamused: stay south and experience true Britain■■? Spot the White man old bean? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Pimpdaddy:

brown sauce on everything! :open_mouth: even southern, shandy swilling ■■■■ er knees! Think you’ll find you lot down south are more racist, we just tell it how it is! Manchester over and out! :open_mouth: :unamused: stay south and experience true Britain■■? Spot the White man old bean? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Brown sauce is pure boggin.

Ketchup on everything