North East drivers reunion. Spring 2020

Sorry it’s a bit short notice. I’ve been asked to post details of an early get together,
Saturday 7th March. Usual venue Newcastle Labour Club, 2pm til the last man standing :wink:
United are away that day so it shouldn’t be too crowded. Regards Kev.

kevmac47:
Sorry it’s a bit short notice. I’ve been asked to post details of an early get together,
Saturday 7th March. Usual venue Newcastle Labour Club, 2pm til the last man standing :wink:

Give 'em a chance Kev , poor old souls are hardly over the xmas do yet , you youngsters just don’t understand .lol .

Hi Kev, All going well I will be there, Ive been speaking to Jimmy Blackburn about it and he will be there too,Im off to my supplier for some nectar :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , See you there, Regards Larry.

thanks kev will let others know

rigsby:

kevmac47:

Give 'em a chance Kev , poor old souls are hardly over the xmas do yet , you youngsters just don’t understand .lol .

The request to post came from one of the oldies riggers :wink: us “youngsters” are still thinking about girls and fast cars :smiley: :smiley: ps. I like the idea of of being classed a youngster. :laughing: :laughing:
Regards Kev.

kevmac47:

rigsby:

kevmac47:

The request to post came from one of the oldies riggers :wink: us “youngsters” are still thinking about girls and fast cars :smiley: :smiley: ps. I like the idea of of being classed a youngster. :laughing: :laughing:
Regards Kev.

Well you are only about 70 Kev , only just run in .

rigsby:

kevmac47:

rigsby:

kevmac47:

Regards Kev.

Well you are only about 70 Kev , only just run in .

The cheque is in the post. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well I can tell you that it will not bounce, :angry: But It will not be signed, Good old Kev, You know the haulage game my friend, :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: , So one gets a couple of weeks more space, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: , Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Well I can tell you that it will not bounce, :angry: But It will not be signed, Good old Kev, You know the haulage game my friend, :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: , So one gets a couple of weeks more space, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: , Regards Larry.

It should be ok Larry, it’s one that Bewick was finished with. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Regards Kev.

Hi Kev, Ive spoke to Mick Finley who says he will be there along Geordie Forster, I have also E Mailed Paul Ward about the venue So hopefully it will be a good turnout, Of course we are all getting older by the minute, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

Hi Larry ,got your e mail and yes it will be good to see everyone again so count me in ,spoke to Dave Tilson and he said he will be there also ,so looks like a good day in store as usual ,so see you then ,cheers Paul

Now then “H” I hope you are “self isolating” with all this Coronavirus about ! don’t you be going mixing with them N.East re-union lot at Newcastle Labour Club ! But then again if you got inebriated from Larry’s 5 gal hip flask you should be immune eh! !! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Dennis.

Here are the pics I took it our reunion yesterday, I had to leave early as “the bride’” had tickets for a show. The first pic is our toast to the memory of our friend Mick Finlay.
He passed away on Thursday after suffering a massive heart attack earlier in the week.
Mick was one of those characters that are legends in our industry, he had worked for
more company’s than “The Fugitive”, but he could go back to any of the them and get his
job back. He was a big lad, loud, full of fun, (and quite often beer :smiley: :smiley: ) true to form ,
his heart attack took place in his local pub! R.I.P. Mick
IMG_20200307_185554.jpg

IMG_20200307_180918.jpg

IMG_20200307_182315.jpg
IMG_20200307_181341.jpg
IMG_20200307_215407.jpg

Fine photo of yourself Kev , henceforth to be known as The Skinny One . You don’t take much room at the table with your sylph like form .

rigsby:
Fine photo of yourself Kev , henceforth to be known as The Skinny One . You don’t take much room at the table with your sylph like form .

Thanks riggers, I’ll put another cheque in the post! I hope you enjoy it as much as the last one. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Regards Kev.

rigsby:

We never have anything like this do we Dave? I’m not really in touch with any of our old drivers etc, and to be brutally honest there are not that many still drawing breath as at 69 I will be one of the youngest. Still those lads in the pics look to be in fine fettle, however I did notice that Larry has a chaser in his left hand to go with the pint in his right hand, a sure sign of a very prosperous ex haulier! :laughing: No wives or girlfriends present though it seems? :wink:

Pete.

windrush:

rigsby:

We never have anything like this do we Dave? I’m not really in touch with any of our old drivers etc, and to be brutally honest there are not that many still drawing breath as at 69 I will be one of the youngest. Still those lads in the pics look to be in fine fettle, however I did notice that Larry has a chaser in his left hand to go with the pint in his right hand, a sure sign of a very prosperous ex haulier! :laughing: No wives or girlfriends present though it seems? :wink:

Pete.

You’ve got it the wrong way round Pete, with Larry the pint is the chaser! :wink: :wink:
But your correct about the prosperous bit. :imp: :imp:. We do usually have one of two wives present to keep an eye on proceedings, yesterday we only had one lady in charge,George Collis’s
good lady, unfortunately she was a bit camera shy. Regards Kev.

thanks for posting photos kev, good to see some of the lads that missed the Christmas bash, as usual great afternoon out with old work mates looking forward to the next one. bumper