North East drivers reunion. Spring 2020

windrush:

rigsby:
Fine photo of yourself Kev , henceforth to be known as The Skinny One . You don’t take much room at the table with your sylph like form .

We never have anything like this do we Dave? I’m not really in touch with any of our old drivers etc, and to be brutally honest there are not that many still drawing breath as at 69 I will be one of the youngest. Still those lads in the pics look to be in fine fettle, however I did notice that Larry has a chaser in his left hand to go with the pint in his right hand, a sure sign of a very prosperous ex haulier! :laughing: No wives or girlfriends present though it seems? :wink:

Pete.

Pete, most of the credit for our reunions must go to the ex Van Hee lads, Bumper, Big Kris, Pat Mc, Alan Askew, etc. This started off as their “do” and they generously invited myself and one of two other pals to join them. It grew from there. Regards Kev. Ps. That crowd, apart from two under 60s are all at least 70years old, so no excuses from you about being too old at 69, (My favourite numbers :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: )to start a get-together. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Great stuff Kev, Thanks for posting them,It was a cracking afternoon, Good Ale & good Barley squeezings too :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Sadley there was a few missing, So hopefulley they will make the next one, Regards Larry.

Hi Lads ,thanks for a good day on Saturday and enjoyed the whole day talking to old and new drivers some i already know and a couple that i had the pleasure of meeting for the first time .
Also sampled one or two of Larry,s fine malts as well as a few sherbets and by the end of the afternoon was fully fluent in Swahili ,dont know what time i left but managed to find my way to Haymarket and climb aboard the right bus and woke up in Ashington bus station around 8.30 ,8 mile past where i should have gotten of ,so had to ring the darling to come and rescue me ,Oh how she laughed …? i,m not allowed out to play with the big lads anymore apparently hehe:
Good day and good company ,thank you all again and can,t wait till next one took some shots with camera and will try and upload later till then, cheers gentlemen Paul