North East Agencies (Info)

After the last year (after passing Class 1) working for both Pollocks & Murray Hogg based in the Newcastle Area (gaining experience), I have decided to kick the full time/ permanent employment into touch & go down the agency route for the simple reason of earning more money! Anyone recommend any North East agencies? After doing my homework I am aware that different Agencies service different companys. I am looking to possibly get on for Blue Chip companys (Asda,Greggs,Royal Mail etc). However any recommends would be appreciated. Thanks.

Try Pertemps for Dhl prudhoe, also used to do nampak. Don’t know who does asda these days, trawl the jobcentre plus website, any work in Washington that needs a green card is the one, it’s just an assessment drive.
Dkm recruitment do greggs, bottom of pilgrim St near swan house roundabout in the solutions place.
Also try blue arrow & best connection.

Thanks Billy, much appreciated.

Any Info on ADR network in Newton Aycliffe?

ADR are good I used to work for Tracey, good money at co-op Birtley, just had text from them last week saying rates now £11 per hour

Pertemps have all the Royal Mail work nationally I think, did a bit over Christmas bulk mail trunking between major sorting offices Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring!
But nice clean work if you can stay awake and don’t mind twenty questions when your are not dead on time to the minute which came as no surprise to me being routed via the M25 because your in a double decker, but the depot supervisors don’t appear to realise that it can become quite congested at times.

last I heard best connection are paying £7.50-£8.50 an hour?

war1974:
last I heard best connection are paying £7.50-£8.50 an hour?

They may well be but not for class 1 work, was there for a few weeks in February on £9ph for a class 2 job.

I know Manpower do Jewsons (class 2 I know).

They’ll try and push being a ‘satellite driver’.

Easier to say DON’T - than to explain why / how it works! (lesson learned :imp: )

All for £8hr. NO overtime - be that rate or hours, they give you NOWT, e.g. if you’re late back, you don’t get paid for that time over…

Pertemps have Port of Tyne but they like 2 years for licence

Interaction in TVTE ( carlton court )

Redline in Seaham

Driver hire

Appreciate the feedback. Gave my statutory 1 weeks notice to Murray Hoggs today, too many negatives to remain working there! Onwards…

amamdada:
Pertemps have all the Royal Mail work nationally I think

Manpower have 75% of the work, Pertemps 25%.

Ok, armed with that info I`ll be doing the rounds of the agencies next Monday / Tuesday & sussing them out. Thanks to all who contributed info. Any other tips (apart from the obvious) would be appreciated.

Spoke to Matt at ADR today, he says loads of work needs drivers now, if I had my DCPC could have had me out on road, now to get my 35 hours, which modules are interesting? Module 1 I want but not sure which others to do

Likewise Blueiain, also spoke to ADR + various others today, hitting the agencys next Mon & Tues to see whats what sprinkled with a large pinch of salt…

Just curious…

Why are you giving up full time work to then go agency which maybe full time, but you can be dropped at last minute (usual agency phone call saying you’re not needed until… :imp: )■■

Goldfinger:
Just curious…

Why are you giving up full time work to then go agency which maybe full time, but you can be dropped at last minute (usual agency phone call saying you’re not needed until… :imp: )■■

I have got to agree , nothing but nothing beats a proper full time job .

depends on the full time job - I hated asda left to go agency earned more picked and chose where and when I wanted to work.

In response to Goldfinger & Shug, and in agreeance with War1974, it’s about the quality of the present full time job. As previously stated there are to many negatives in my current role. I’m confident of being kept busy & my first step is to sort the wheat from the chaff, agency wise ( large pinch of salt required!) I’m getting away from General Haulage as it’s not where I want to be. Having served my years (almost) “apprenticeship” I know that for sure. So I’m taking the bull by the horns & moving on to hopefully better. It’s time to try different jobs in order to find the right one. You may have to kiss many a frog to find your princess in this industry I was once told! Onwards…

I am not expecting the earth, just better than what I’ve got!