Noobie!!!!

Hi everyone been reading this forum for months now as always wanted to be a truck driver since was little girl finally been able to live the dream as passed test yesterday cat c first time after a 40th birthday prezzie from the old man my dad was one of the best being able to turn a truck on a sixpence was the saying in our family, unfortunatly not around any more to see my pass cert but sure he was riding shotgun on that spare seat between me and the examiner so must be in the genes !
Hoping to start getting some casual work but after reading some of these posts looks like it will be an uphill struggle !!! who cares at mo on cloud nine nothing can burst my bubble !!!
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Jennie :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

Jennie:
passed test yesterday cat c first time

:smiley: :smiley:

Who did you do your training with?

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

Thanks Rog i see your name all over this forum dont know how old u are but you sound just like my dad nice to be part of one of the best bunch of driver around !!

took my training with J coates in Slough my instructor was Alan Seager and hes was the best patient firm and took my driving well above what examiners wanted which is why passed with only five faults !!!
Made the mistake of giving money to directlgv but managed to get my money back as was on a credit card so could of done this a lot earlier if gone to coates first if anyone had any trouble with these kind of brokers i would be glad to give them some advice on writing letters to credit companies to get money back just not on what these people do to get peoples hard earned cash !!!

Jennie:
Thanks Rog i see your name all over this forum dont know how old u are but you sound just like my dad

Jennie:
40th birthday prezzie

As I am 52 in two weeks then I’m not sure how to take that :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

As with most males I have not grown up mentally since the age of three so I suppose the physical age makes no difference…

As i said he sadly not with us anymore and was 59 when he died i miss him and really could of done with his advice and experience when going through my training so theres the similarity his advice was sound hence you sound like my dad so dont panic i think even in this day n age 12 is abit young for fatherhood look forward to exchanging views with you but dont panic i only had one dad and he was the only one for me !!! :laughing:

Oh by the way thanks for the banner was hoping to get one of those like gettin my nice blue cert for passing !!! :smiley:

Jennie:
Oh by the way thanks for the banner was hoping to get one of those like gettin my nice blue cert for passing !!! :smiley:

The artic (CE) one is even nicer :smiley: :bulb:

Jennie:
Made the mistake of giving money to directlgv but managed to get my money back as was on a credit card so could of done this a lot earlier if gone to coates first if anyone had any trouble with these kind of brokers i would be glad to give them some advice on writing letters to credit companies to get money back just not on what these people do to get peoples hard earned cash !!!

Did you decide to get a refund after finding this site or was it for another reason?

After having trouble booking my practical part of course usual story no answer on phone putting me off saying would call back and never did finally googled them and could of kicked myself when read all the forums ,saw trucknet on google search for hgv 2 driving and bin checkin in regularly since Jan 2010 did not like to join forum until was proper trucker ie passed my test so here i am if you want to put on a relevant forum that i would be willing to help people with a bit of advice after my experience about getting the money back and how to go about it managed to get all my money back i let them keep the test fee for theory and hazzard percp tests they did them ok but saw you can do that yourself online through gov website so got every penny back apart from £30 and £15 for tests and they had conned me out of (£1499.00) as got sucked into the old guarenteed pass scam and as turned out didn`t need it as went to such a good training company he accessed my driving and new exactly how much training i would need to pass cat c thats the key get an accessment drive first you can suss out the school and how the good the instucters are too !!!

If you know how to put this advice on another forum that people will see i would be happy to help them if they want advice on what to say in their letters to the people that matter gotta stop these people ripping people off i hate them they are scum and need to be beaten !!!

Jennie:
After having trouble booking my practical part of course usual story no answer on phone putting me off saying would call back and never did

That strikes me as not being able to find a proper school that they could farm out the training to cheap enough to make a good profit out of you as they have no trucks of their own.

Jennie:
did not like to join forum until was proper trucker

It is called the New & WANNABEs forum :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Jennie:
get an accessment drive first you can suss out the school and how the good the instucters are too

Perfect advice :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Jennie:
if you want to put on a relevant forum that i would be willing to help people with a bit of advice after my experience about getting the money back and how to go about it managed to get all my money back

One step ahead of you - done that already - thanks

Jennie:
If you know how to put this advice on another forum that people will see i would be happy to help them if they want advice on what to say in their letters to the people that matter gotta stop these people ripping people off i hate them they are scum and need to be beaten !!!

Unfortunately, it takes those potential newbies to read this type of forum in order for them to be informed before they commit to anything.

Many just seem to google the internet for LGV/HGV training and choose the flashy websites which these brokers pay to have at the top of the search lists - all legally done as well unfortunately…

]
[/quote]
It is called the New & WANNABEs forum :wink: :laughing: :laughing:
[/quote]
oops :blush:

If you can give me some advice on what to do next would appreciate it currently drive a taxi around berkshire area so was hoping to find some one off work to get some experience would calling local companies and asking them if can fill in for anyone who rings in sick (someone they can ring as an emergency measure) idea? as dont want to make a prat of myself what do you suggest??

Hi Jennie welocome to the forum :smiley: Great news about passing your test :smiley:

Jennie:
Thanks Rog i see your name all over this forum dont know how old u are but you sound just like my dad

ROG - Ha ha :laughing: That made my day mate :smiley: !

Jennie:

m4rky:

Now look what you started Jennie :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

crikey only on here couple of hours already causin trouble sorry rog :wink:

ROG:

Jennie:

m4rky:

Now look what you started Jennie :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Brilliant :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
52 :unamused: Dad :laughing: but you look so young on the phone…
My side is hurting, stop this now :smiley: :smiley:

Jennie:
crikey only on here couple of hours already causin trouble sorry rog :wink:

no you’re not - you’re enjoying this :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: