Noobie!!!!

:laughing: :laughing:

Congratualtions on passing ure c first time. Are u going to carry on and do the c+e? Im also a newbie driver passed last september and have done the same thing as u are, writing to local firms etc and also signing on with a number of agencies 6 to be exact but its still a struggle.Have a thought bout doing ure A.D.R course? :smiley:

Cheers mosiman well to be honest i would lov to do the c+e but need to save the money now to take the course unfortunatly self employed taxi driver and its hard work out there just about making a living as in this day n age we are all feeling the pinch as everyone is, gonna hit some of the big companies round my area next week before kids go back to school we have dpd ,reading freight, night freight etc gonna try n sell myself to them by turning up on the doorsteps and asking if they can try me out long shot but faint heart n all prob be back on here and sounding depressed by tues with all the knock backs but hey gotta keep trying, have you had any work? :bulb:

If you are thinking about doing part time LGV work along with your other job…

Few rules when doing two jobs and one of them comes under EU regs -
A ‘week’ is mon 0000 to sun 2400
You must have a 45 hour unbroken rest in every other week
You must have a 24 hour unbroken rest in every week
In any week where you come under EU regs your work in the other job must be recorded
That other work can be recorded on a digi tacho, seperate printouts or on seperate analogue charts - one for each day worked
Each recorded work day must contain your name, date, start & finish time.
You do not need to record anything if you do not come under EU regs in that week
All this is so that the authorities can check that you have had the correct weekly rest for the EU regs

ROG:
If you are thinking about doing part time LGV work along with your other job…

Thanks rog to be honest not gonna be a prob work out there on taxis like trucks hard to find wont have a prob with hours wish it could be different but hey, going on a digi tach course Mon and it will be counting towards my cpc so will be able to answer all my questions there i hope !!!

Jennie:
going on a digi tach course Mon and it will be counting towards my cpc so will be able to answer all my questions there i hope !!!

If this course is with a LGV training school then it should be ok - if with some dcpc trainer elsewhere then beware as many of these are giving out some false info

able to answer all my questions

This site has has GURUs who can answer all your questions especially in the SAFETY, LAW AND WORKING TIME DIRECTIVE FORUM (INTERACTIVE)
There are also videos and instructions as well as simulators for the different types of digi tacho available in that forum :smiley:

Thanks Rog course booked with school i trained with as they are brill guys very good at what they do so shouldn`t have any problems :exclamation:

Hi jennie well done on passing the class2. I passed mine 1 year ago and finally started to get the odd day with the agencies a couple of months ago.I also can only do the odd day during the week as leaving my present job to go full time driving is a bit risky at the moment i think.Finding the right agency is what did it for me as the first few i joined have never got me any work yet although that may change in the future.Good luck.

Hi Jennie,

And…

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your Cat “C” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry it’s so late, I was busy elsewhere. :blush: :blush:

bikerpeavey:
Hi jennie well done on passing the class2…

Hi Bikerpeavey thanks for the welcome been on to one agency so far as was advertising in my local paper for hg2 drivers havent got my licence back from dvlc or my tach card yet so cant do anything until get them back the agency i spoke to were pretty honest with me and told me that it will be hard at first basically got to wait for the moment they are desperate and and im the only one can do it then just a case of doin the job well so can get a good rep!!! just hope that by the time i do get a job can remember how to drive the bloomin truck :laughing: :laughing:

dieseldave:
Sorry it’s so late, I was busy elsewhere. :blush: :blush:

Thanks for the welcome , dont worry very forgiving person me i live with two teenagers!!! :smiley: :laughing: :laughing:

Jennie:
can remember how to drive the bloomin truck

You will - it’s like getting back onto a bicycle after a number of years - bit wobbley at first but soon comes back to you

Thanks Rog as ever there with a reassuring word :smiley: