Noob question!

Had a right ■■■■ of a day and by the time I get unloaded here and get somewhere to park up I’ll be well over my driving time!! I’m all new to digi tachos so how do I record the infringement? Do I just print off all of the day and wright on the back of the print? Sorry for the silly question chaps! Thanks in advance!

When u say “well over” your driving, what do you mean? 9 hours or 10?

A

Botom line tho is you cannot record an infingemant, although the tacho will happily “record” it for you!

What you can do is attempt to “excuse” the infringement, but it needs to be a bloody good reason, not some ■■■■■■■ reason!

At the end of the day all VOSA will say is that anything over your daily limit MUST be both UNFORSEEN and with good REASON.

Ask urself is todays events both ofthe above?

I aint one ofthem, i’m on ur side, but bear this in mind! :grimacing:

You just take the card out and drive, if the job got to be done the job got to be done :wink:
On a serious note, yes it happened to me last night when they shut the QE2 bridge, write on the back of the printout the reason, and make sure it sounds genuine that had to carry on over the hours. Hopefully we wont get told off as we are only doing our job :unamused:

if its 9 hours just have 45 then you have a hour or just pull card and park in there yard or outside

sean g:
if its 9 hours just have 45 then you have a hour or just pull card and park in there yard or outside

SAY WHAT■■? :unamused:

Cheers lads! Yeah over my 10 my own fault really thought I could get here in time bur had to take it easy because of the wind I’m gonna see if I can park in their yard but it’s tossco Livingston and I think I’ll be laughed at for asking such a thing! :-/

And to top it off my 15 hr spreads up at 9! Fun fun fun!!!

dukeofdirt:
Cheers lads! Yeah over my 10 my own fault really thought I could get here in time bur had to take it easy because of the wind I’m gonna see if I can park in their yard but it’s tossco Livingston and I think I’ll be laughed at for asking such a thing! :-/

Not sure about the entry there but I have overnighted at the front gates of a few tescos as have many others I have seen there taking their 9 before going in to tip :sunglasses:

Out of tesco livinsgstone and turn left ur on an industrial estate, park there all the time!

dukeofdirt:
And to top it off my 15 hr spreads up at 9! Fun fun fun!!!

The 15 thing is simple, regardless of WHY, when u get to an RDC you point out to them plain and simple!

My 15 is up at 9P (but tell them 20.30), at 20.15 i HAVE to pull out. Politely point out this is NOT you being a ■■■■, its just the law and thats the way it is.

With an hour to go, tell them again.

With half an hour, tell them again.

Then ask for the keys back… When they get arsey, and they do, just take the keys and go to bed, SIMPLES!

if you’re on a bay when your times up just pull curtain and get to bed, the old bill has to stand guard because you’re not allowed to move. its true my mate told me

Mr B:
if you’re on a bay when your times up just pull curtain and get to bed, the old bill has to stand guard because you’re not allowed to move. its true my mate told me

We must have the same mate! Did he tell you about the cones too?? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

streaky:

Mr B:

We must have the same mate! Did he tell you about the cones too?? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

and the chalk?

Thanks for the tips lads, parked up on the said industrial road! Got out of there at 2040 so all was well! Ended up doing 11 hrs 9 mins drive! Oops!! I new I was over but not by a flipping hour!

I’m all new to rdc deliveries so again thanks for the advice! Got to load out of highlandsprings in blackford at 8am so I’m off to have a Kip!

You should have called your mob and told them it couldn’t be done. 11:09 drive is way over the top. I think that’s fixed penalty material because VOSA doesn’t allow for “I thought it was ok to continue” stories. Best you can do is say you had a high value load and parking on the road wasn’t an option and had set out with plenty time to spare yet the weather conditions mucked you up.

Ended up doing 11 hrs 9 mins drive!

Bloody hell! That’s not a small derogation due to unforeseen circumstances!!!

For future reference, you can only go over time because of a GENUINELY unforeseen problem, and even then only as far as the next available parking place. You’d have to have been stuck in the tailback from hell to rack up a justified 1hr 10 minutes over. Oh, and that would have to be from an accident, NOT normal rush hour traffic. Needing to get your deliveries done isn’t an allowable excuse, either. If you can’t do it, park up. End of. :confused:

Your licence is now your living, and keeping tack of your hours is a basic part of your job. I know your new, but from here on in make sure you run legally and that it doesn’t happen again. If you screw up on an estimate of getting to a job, man up and admit it to the gaffer rather than running bent to dig yourself out.

Sorry if this sounds a little harsh, but this is basic stuff. Definately time to knuckle down and stick to the law. There’s nothing you can do about this now, but you CAN learn a lesson and make sure it isn’t repeated.

At 11hr 9 you Zb if vosa pull you in the next few months so be on your best behaviour.
Your gaffer will put pressure on especially once you’ve already run bent because he’ll make you sign off your infringements and can prove he’s trying to make you obey the law.
It’s a learning curve move on and don’t remake the same mistakes.

Mr B:
At 11hr 9 you Zb if vosa pull you in the next few months so be on your best behaviour.
Your gaffer will put pressure on especially once you’ve already run bent because he’ll make you sign off your infringements and can prove he’s trying to make you obey the law.
It’s a learning curve move on and don’t remake the same mistakes.

It is part of the learning curve, but at least he will be well rewarded for it when his boss gives him an extra hundred quid in his top pocket on Saturday morning :smiley:

As I have never even clapped eyes on a digi tacho (Oraise the logbook!! Go on, kneel to the beauty of them, everyone… :laughing: ) is it not true that, if you are stuck in a jam, then every single movement is recorded as a minute?