Non paying scum

I have done a job for a company, who are still trading, have a flash website and what seems like a prestigious address, but who refuse to return my calls, emails and letters, and have failed to settle the account. What’s the best way to either get money out of them, or at the very least let everyone else know not to bother with them.
I assume the thread police would take a dim view of me posting their name and address on here :unamused:

From a similar question.
Here

or discussed,

By us on here

It may be worth trying a garnishee order. Many years ago a large PLC company owed me lots of money, after numeorus letters and phone calls came to nothing my solicitor suggested threatening them with a garnishee. I called them again and told them I was going to apply for the order in court - amazingly they paid by bank transfer that very afternoon. It seemed to scare the crap out of them.

If it’s a large amount of money my first call would be to companies house to check if it’s still a viable company.
No point chasing thin air.
If it’s viable, Then pop down to the county court, You don’t need a solicitor with you, They will help you with the form filling but can’t give legal advice. I’ve heard that it can all be done online now but face to face is better.

That’s the thing, the invoice is for £100+vat. Thats all, no biggy really, but I’ve done the job, so I’m buggered if I’m going to let it drop.
I’ve looked into the going through the courts route, but at the end of almost every paragraph on their website it states something along the lines of “Even if you win your case, we can’t gaurantee you will get paid”, so I’m not willing to chuck more money at it to come out a loser again.
I was really looking for ways to cause them maximum trouble, with minium risk or expenditure. I have rung around and put the word out, they will be very lucky to get any work done in Bristol/ Somerset again, but short of going to their offices and breaking things, ther edoesn’t seem a lot more I can do.

Tramper:
That’s the thing, the invoice is for £100+vat. Thats all, no biggy really, but I’ve done the job, so I’m buggered if I’m going to let it drop.
I’ve looked into the going through the courts route, but at the end of almost every paragraph on their website it states something along the lines of “Even if you win your case, we can’t gaurantee you will get paid”, so I’m not willing to chuck more money at it to come out a loser again.
I was really looking for ways to cause them maximum trouble, with minium risk or expenditure. I have rung around and put the word out, they will be very lucky to get any work done in Bristol/ Somerset again, but short of going to their offices and breaking things, ther edoesn’t seem a lot more I can do.

If they run any of their own trucks, ring Vosa and tell them you havent been paid and they have told you they are skint :smiling_imp:

I cant imagine anyone wants an inspection rooting about in the bank accounts :wink:

Tramper:
I assume the thread police would take a dim view of me posting their name and address on here :unamused:

Y ? Name and Shame if they owe ye money. there could be another 30 odd people they owe a £100 to, thats a few quid!

Wud prevent anyone ending up in the same situation!

i believe in naming and shaming! as long its for the right reasons ofcourse and in your case do it! :smiling_imp:

Have any monies been forthcoming yet Tramper?

I still haven’t recieved payment, but I did get a letter on the 11th July 2008.

“Dear Sir or Madam,
Firstly please accept my sincere appologies for the unacceptable lack of communication from CKS. I have always taken pride in the open and honest relations we have with our suppliers, and am bitterly dismayed to learn that we have failed to maintain this. CKS has always operated under very strict principles of honesty and integrity, so this is a great personal dissapointment.
I will be frank with you, CKS is in a very difficult position. Trading conditions have been unexpectedly and extremely dissapointing, resulting in serious financial problems. In response, CKS is undertaking vigorous restructuring and refinancing in an effort to recover, with the intention that we will eventually be in a position to honour all our outstanding debts.
I completely understand that CKS’s predicament is having a detremental effect on your business. Whilst I am unable at this stage to offer you any guarantees of payment, I can assure you that we’re doing everything possible to resolve this. In the meantime, I must please ask for your patience, support and understanding as we try to get CKS back to a healthier state.
Thank you for your time, and I will be in touch as developments arise in the next few weeks”.
Yours sincerley

Christoper K Stephens
Chairman and CEO
CKS Group Bracknell.

What do you think to that?

have u recieved anything else them since that letter like they said they would dating from the letter?

:laughing: No, nothing at all. Do you think I will?

Tramper:
:lol: No, nothing at all. Do you think I will?

Somehow I doubt it, it doesnt look good does it? But I suppose a visit to see for yourself may be wothwhile. I hate these people

letsrecycle.com/do/ecco.py/v … emid=10263

ive never heard of CKS before , what kind of company are they?

They recycle old electrical gear, ie they crush,separate & bag it, then ship it to china. they jumped on the WEEE bandwagon. It must be ■■■■ poor management, market saturation or a crap machine (no backup),cos everyone else doing it appears to be making it pay.

they say that trading isnt very good at the moment, they must have their heads deep into the ground then cos the far east are crying out for electrical items and anything to do with metal at the moment and they pay good money for it aswell!
get back onto the case with them, dont give up, pester and pester and pester them untill they cant stand u anymore and they will pay ur £100 and then add sum intrest :smiley:

chappy261:
they say that trading isnt very good at the moment,

Thats just horse[zb] Matrix, Wincanton amongst a few others make it pay and very nicely too.

Didn’t someone say recently that he wound up because of the price of DERV, then starts another company a week later (DERV price actually went up during that week) I still don’t understand that one Cookie.

I wonder what excuses they’ll come up with next? I bet it won’t be along the lines of “we have a overeducated, overpaid management team that couldn’t organise a ■■■■ up in a brewery, but we’ll remortgage our houses and sell our cars, to ensure that our hardest hit creditors are seen right”

language edit…Denis F

The trouble is that once the liquidators have taken over, the small creditors will be at the back of the queue and there is still a big bill for the 2 new plants in Rushden and Cinderford.

That 100 quid will probably be paid as £8 in September 2012 :imp:

I’ve put it down to experience… for now. I’m just glad I held back from the other work they offered until I’d been paid (or not as it happened) for the first load.
I’m certain these people will get their just desserts, and some time in the future I’m bound to be passing through Bracknell.
I’ve had a phone around and if they are still trading, they have litle chance of getting anything moved by hauliers in and around the Bristol area.

Tramper:
I still haven’t recieved payment, but I did get a letter on the 11th July 2008.

"Dear Sir or Madam,
Firstly please …

…developments arise in the next few weeks".
Yours sincerley

Christoper K Stephens
Chairman and CEO
CKS Group Bracknell.

What do you think to that?

Never trust a company where the same person is Chairman and Chief Exec…

Sorry to hear of your problems Tramper

TC