Non essential travel at peak times

I know anyone can use the road at anytime they choose to, as they have all paid road tax, but do you look around at the cars in the traffic jams at peak times or rush hour, as the silly radio presenters keep calling it , and think if their journey is a must and by waiting an hour for the peak traffic to clear to free up the clogged up roads.
The nine to fiver office workers have long commutes and are on the road early mornings and late afternoons.Is the 50 mile round trip to spend some vouchers from the paper worth waiting until all the commuters are in work and allow the trucks to arrive on time too.
The garden centre is open all day.
Why do they choose to travel when they know the roads will be clogged up with business traffic or essential movements.

They do and will since they are Mr +Mrs white hair having a second mid-life crisis with nothing to do…“before tea dear why don’t we go to B&Q and buy some new lawn furniture…” Life at 35 M.P.H that is why ASDA/B&Q all have their own roundabouts at their entrances to F–K up the rest of society trying to get on with it! Another genetic mystery :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: !!

It is selfish behaviour,do not get me started on Yummy Mummies in £80,000 4 x 4 s with not one spec of dirt or mud on the new and shiny paintwork of a BMW,Audi, Range Rover or Porsche just to park on the double yellow lines to drop little Johhny off at school and they live a mile or two away from the school, that is why he is obese.!! They are all on the lease, HP and finance,so appearances can be deceptive, to keep up with the "Joneses at number 44.".What do they do all day untill it is picking up time, sauna, swim, do the nails, do the hair, meet friends for coffee, have an affair!!

You do wonder what goes through their minds, I gave up getting home in yesterday’s rush hour as the a34 was rammed & I had the dreaded nodders, couldn’t face the m40/m42 so parked it at cherwell & had a sweaty fever kip instead. :laughing:

Ah yes, the no where to go brigade. I think they decide to do their non essential activities at peak times so they can feel whatever they have to do is of some importance and they, are in fact the ones being held up.

I’m baffled by this, are you seriously suggesting that large numbers of people choose to drive in the peak period traffic unnecessary :confused:

When you’re in a rush hour traffic jam and you look around at the other road users, how do you know why the the car drivers are travelling at that time.

You can tell it is non essential travel by what they have in their cars, what type of clothing they wear, it is leisure clothing, a mountain bike on the roof rack or back boot.
Men and women in smart suits are going to work,but elderly people with a picknick , with the passenger clutching on to a map does not need to be in rush hour then moan that the nasty lorries should only drive at night so they have the roads free for leisure purposes only.
There are many campaigns to park trucks up at peak times and make deliveries when everyone is at work.
The clues are in the type of car, is it full of holiday gear.

It’s called freedom of choice. How would you like it when certain people insist that trucks should only run at night. Or is it really an essential journey for you to deliver the garden furniture that the coffin dodgers so annoy you by going out to purchase it. :confused:

Where possible I try to time journeys so that I am not entering towns and cities at what is laughingly known as rush hour.

toby1234abc:
You can tell it is non essential travel by what they have in their cars, what type of clothing they wear, it is leisure clothing, a mountain bike on the roof rack or back boot.
Men and women in smart suits are going to work,but elderly people with a picknick , with the passenger clutching on to a map does not need to be in rush hour then moan that the nasty lorries should only drive at night so they have the roads free for leisure purposes only.
There are many campaigns to park trucks up at peak times and make deliveries when everyone is at work.
The clues are in the type of car, is it full of holiday gear.

Yep, let’s ban all non essential movement…

That would include many of your own journeys when not working would it not? Have you never travelled during peak times, except for work purposes?
:laughing:

You cannot ban people from the roads just because it inconveniences you in your truck!! :laughing:

I blame the internet.They order goods on line for a cheap price and when the lorry shows up it is too big to deliver what they ordered as they do not know the sizes of trucks.They all say the bin and milk loory gets down our lane everyday.
Heaven forbid if you need a tacho break and they see the truck and the phone rings to ask if you can deliver his stove as the client wants to walk the dog or pop in to town.

Why not!The anti truck nimbies dont want us blocking their roads.I drive at night to the airport for the holiday so not to hold up a truck on a timed delivery.

tachograph:
I’m baffled by this, are you seriously suggesting that large numbers of people choose to drive in the peak period traffic unnecessary :confused:

You and me both, but I solved this mystery when I noticed that the OP is… Toby. :wink:

tachograph:
When you’re in a rush hour traffic jam and you look around at the other road users, how do you know why the the car drivers are travelling at that time.

Another easily answered question… the answer is… it’s Toby, and Toby knows these things. :wink: :grimacing:

I don’t know about engerland but the schools are off up here and what a difference it makes to morning rush hour. Toby your next mission is to get the weans to walk to school as it will make my life easier :grimacing:

You can tell the difference between people going to work and the ones that are not going to work.

This is why I love driving at night! Get the roads to myself and no one to see me when ■■■■ up :grimacing:

Vell said comrade, ven ve hav taken over ve vill ensure that only journeys approved by a Party apparatchik vill be allowed.

You vill be issued with a new interim govenment Zil and haf free movement as awarded to an honourary Party member, you vil be able to vaft past the proletariat on their bycicles, if any hold you up zey vil be shot.

Be careful what you wish for.

merc0447:
I don’t know about engerland but the schools are off up here and what a difference it makes to morning rush hour. Toby your next mission is to get the weans to walk to school as it will make my life easier :grimacing:

Crickey what a difference it does make! Audi’s/BMW’s and Range Rovers all competing to drop Tarquin off so mummy can go to the gym - I assume most of these people don’t work.

Also I’ve noticed that at about 0700hrs an awful lot of self employed tradesmen park up at my local McDonalds of a morning. The car park is full of vans then. Do they not want breakfast at home or another ten minutes err… asleep next to the wife?! :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Obviously not.

It is simply called being stupid. Unfortunately a substantial portion of the British Public are afflicted with this condition. :laughing:

toby1234abc:
Why not!The anti truck nimbies dont want us blocking their roads.I drive at night to the airport for the holiday so not to hold up a truck on a timed delivery.

That must be great if your flight is in the early afternoon.