Non essential travel at peak times

toby1234abc:
Why not.I drive at night to the airport for the holiday so not to hold up a truck on a timed delivery.

trucks on a timed delivery? Always late, because planners can’t plan, then there’s TRAFFIC in the way :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I have never known a planner to look at a map to calculate the time and distance.

toby1234abc:
I have never known a planner to look at a map to calculate the time and distance.

You can’t be serious? :open_mouth:

you’re saying you’ve never seen him swivel round on his chair to look at a United Kingdom map behind him, then run his finger down the main motorway, ■■■■ his teeth and then pluck a time out of thin air? :laughing:

No one can look at a vehicle travelling at peak times or otherwise, and know the reason why that vehicle happens to be on the road at that particular time. Everyone has a right to use the roads. They are not exclusive to any one particular user group !!!

maga:

toby1234abc:

You can’t be serious? :open_mouth:

you’re saying you’ve never seen him swivel round on his chair to look at a United Kingdom map behind him, then run his finger down the main motorway, ■■■■ his teeth and then pluck a time out of thin air? :laughing:

I do agency for Jewson they have two guys who sit in an office and set the loads from Taviy to PZ (South west/Cornwall) when the loads come thru on the hand held 90% of the time it was yesterday’s work-talk about micro-management. Imagine having a job whereby if you stayed home for a week no one would care!!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

tachograph:
I’m baffled by this, are you seriously suggesting that large numbers of people choose to drive in the peak period traffic unnecessary :confused:

When you’re in a rush hour traffic jam and you look around at the other road users, how do you know why the the car drivers are travelling at that time.

Exactly…

Exactly what?Drivers that travel in peak traffic could hang in an hour or more to allow folks to get to work and at the same time free up the roads to allow the trucks to deliver on time.

I’d happily do my drops at night.

However I get delivery instructions that don’t let me.

If I’m doing certain hotels in London I can get in from about 5am for the kitchen, but then housekeeping stick in an order at the last minute, and that lot don’t start until 9.

One drop has just changed their window until after noon.

I asked our place why, and they had no idea. So I asked at the hotel. Their answer was that we always turn up with loads of gear in large motors, and clog up the loading bay.

Do we place the orders?

Does my box in.

What i was making a point of is does the visit to the garden centre to buy some seeds for the garden warrant a drive when they know the roads will be busy at certain times.