Nolans,breens,carna transport

Hi guys i am fairly new on here. I really want to do continental work and dont mind if i be away a few weeks. ive done a few runs to germany but i know its not that much experiance. my question is, what are these three firms like to get more experiance.

In my opinion of wether you should work there. NO, no, maybe.

Nolans - Don’t touch with a barge pole
Breen - Never heard much good about them
Carna - 50/50 half the drivers I’ve met who’ve worked there hated it, the other half loved it so it’d be them if ring.

Thanks for that switch, i have sent them my cv. I have also sent one to your firm aswell but if i am right i do not think they are recruiting at the mo and i think they want more experiance.

No I don’t think we need drivers and to be honest you wouldn’t get a huge amount of euro work here now. We do a lot more UK than Euro these days. Have you tried Dixon? They were taking on before Christmas. Never heard a bad word said about them

Yes i have sent dixons my cv but no reply yet. I might try ralph davies aswell but i am not sure if they do much euro now either.

it all depends on what you really want, if its experience you’re after then the irish will send you abroad but it depends if you want to sleep or keep your licence as to who you work for.
i agree with switchlogic on not touching nolans with a bargepole (or a bargebulgarian :laughing: :laughing: ) and breens are even worse :open_mouth: there is a member on here who tried them and i’m sure if he comes on he’ll tell you how bad it is.
Ralph Davies still does some euro work but i don’t think they are taking on at the moment as has been posted in other threads.
it would help if you put your location on your profile as people might know of jobs going n certain areas :bulb:

Thanks wbis, i am in cardiff. I know you might might say s@k but i have been there before and i dont get on with mr donnelly. I have also tried tdw but they not takeing on for a few months so ive got me fingers crossed there.

halfpint:
Thanks wbis, i am in cardiff. I know you might might say s@k but i have been there before and i dont get on with mr donnelly. I have also tried tdw but they not takeing on for a few months so ive got me fingers crossed there.

don’t worry i wouldn’t tell you to try skint and knackered, being a barry boy i know what they are like. i used to work at nolans with switchlogics dad but that was years ago before the plastic russians came along it was a good job with the chance to earn good money but not any more although they still want their pound of flesh they’re not willing to pay big bucks for it.

Thanks for the info and advice anyway guys. im sure something will come along soon and i let you know how i gets on even if i have to be nice to donnelly lol.

I heard Morgan McLernon were looking…give 'em a call, nothing ventured nothing gained. Not sure if they do the continent tho!

morganmclernon.com/

Theres also Haughey Haulage

Telephone: 01375 374 791

Its this company
facebook.com/pages/Haughey-H … l&viewas=0

If you did get a job at Morgan Mclernon I hope your good at driving like a nutjob

switchlogic:
We do a lot more UK than Euro these days. Have you tried Dixon? They were taking on before Christmas. Never heard a bad word said about them

whats happened to the Euro work then?

Dixons have added a further 10 Volvos to their fleet so may be worth a try there.

Other companies you could try

Keenan
Caffrey
Molloy & Sherry
Noone
O’Toole
Delaney
Ballycotton
Kelly European Freight services.
Hannon International
McGeown International : mcgeowninternational.com/
McCardleSkeath : mcardletransport.com
O’Donovan Transport (Cork) Ltd
Managh Transport : managhtransport.ie/
O’Neil (Kerry) : onitrans.com/
Polar
O’Neil (Strabane) : oneill-transport.com/
Noel Zwecker

Thanks routier, i appreciate all that info. Where are haughey haulage based? they have got some stunning trucks.

routier:

switchlogic:
We do a lot more UK than Euro these days. Have you tried Dixon? They were taking on before Christmas. Never heard a bad word said about them

We still do it just not as much. Money I imagine. When you can have a truck do several UK runs in a week I’d say it’s making a lot more than the same truck doing say an Italy that could take over a week

halfpint:
Thanks routier, i appreciate all that info. Where are haughey haulage based? they have got some stunning trucks.

192.com/atoz/business/grays- … 2e6add/ml/

but from here:
6 GREENHILL ROAD
BARNMEEN
RATHFRILAND
CO DOWN

bizzy.co.uk/uk/NI064371/haughey-haulage-services

no point in trying dixons lad… i was in there today and they arnt looking for anyone… all of their lorrys were out as well… cafferys told me they may be lookin soon so id try them. first question they asked me was wat euro work id done…

routier:

switchlogic:

Dixons have added a further 10 Volvos to their fleet so may be worth a try there.

Other companies you could try

Keenan
Caffrey
Molloy & Sherry
Noone
O’Toole
Delaney
Ballycotton
Kelly European Freight services.
Hannon International
McGeown International : mcgeowninternational.com/
McCardleSkeath : mcardletransport.com
O’Donovan Transport (Cork) Ltd
Managh Transport : managhtransport.ie/
O’Neil (Kerry) : onitrans.com/
Polar
O’Neil (Strabane) : oneill-transport.com/
Noel Zwecker

There’s a firm called Ewing or Ewing Brothers they’re Irish we had one in our place yesterday, nice kit.

I have tried a few firms today and sent emails but no luck. Most of them saying its a bit quiet in jan anyway. Havnt tried conway bailey yet. does anybody know if they are doing euro and what they are like to work for? cheers folks.

If you really want to be doing continental work in this day and age, then your best bet is going to be finding work with a company based in mainland Europe.

Try HSF Logistics or Van Den Bosch, neither pay well from what I am told but it is continental experience that will allow you to throw your hat into the ring with other operators in the future.

Patinter in Portugal used to have a good few English drivers doing the jit work to the car manufacturing industry.