No longer a blow out virgin

Had both tyres on the rear trailer axle blow out tonight, within 10 mins of the yard. Took the tyre fitter 3.5 hours to change them. Gutted! On the plus side having a blow out isn’t as scary I expected.

theantbox:
Had both tyres on the rear trailer axle blow out tonight, within 10 mins of the yard. Took the tyre fitter 3.5 hours to change them. Gutted! On the plus side having a blow out isn’t as scary I expected.

Hopefully you will never have a blow out on steer tyre

pete smith:

theantbox:

I certainly hope not. They can be deadly, can’t they? Reckon I would ■■■ myself then.

youtube.com/watch?v=LlP_hctRCJI

one of our scania rigids had a front wheel blow out a few weeks ago. took half the wheelarch out with it. needless to say the driver said a bit of wee came out. he was ok though

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

pete smith:

theantbox:

You need quick reactions and strong arms when that happens.Especially if your fully loaded [emoji53]

I am content to remain a blow virgin forever.

I don’t subscribe to the Elton argument that “It’s better to give than receive” in this case. :smiley:
I can’t imagine myself ‘receiving’ either, come to that, no pun intended. :blush: :smiling_imp:

BeakFreak81:
You need quick reactions and strong arms when that happens.Especially if your fully loaded [emoji53]

I had a nearside steer axle tyre blow out and although it made a hell of a bang, I didn’t even feel it through the steering wheel.

Pre power steering days was when it was a nasty experience :open_mouth:

Harry Monk:

BeakFreak81:

I had a nearside steer axle tyre blow out and although it made a hell of a bang, I didn’t even feel it through the steering wheel.

In my relatively short driving career i’ve only had one tyre blowout on me.

It was my off side front wheel and when it went bang it pulled me off into the next lane of the motorway.Luckily nobody was next to me at the time.

Had 2 in a week.None in 15 yrs previous and none in 2 yrs since. First one was drivers side front,how the ■■■■ I pulled it back from central res at rush hour,with no casualties I still dont know!! Step was gone,like a bomb going off.
Second was on a trailer on M5,never felt a thing, heard a bang and saw shrapnel everywhere.

I remember years back having a trailer tyre blow out, being a newbie then I thought “meh, that wasn’t too bad”

Then I had my first steering axle tyre go pop!

I’ll never think “meh” about a blowout again!!!

Here’s mine [emoji50]

Wow!!! Ok, a trailer tyre going bang looks nothing compared to a steer!! :open_mouth:

I have never had one but the aftermath can be serious. A TNT artic had a blowout yesterday which brought half of the central belt to a standstill

scanny77:
I have never had one but the aftermath can be serious. A TNT artic had a blowout yesterday which brought half of the central belt to a standstill

And he somehow managed to take half a mile of crashbarrier down while doing it, cant be any weight in a Tnt trailer but it went on forever

BeakFreak81:

pete smith:

theantbox:

you missed off strong sphincter and bladder control.

war1974:

BeakFreak81:

pete smith:

theantbox:

you missed off strong sphincter and bladder control.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Trailer off side on the motorway. Guy overtaking me must of needed a wet wipe.

I can’t believe Dipper hasn’t been here yet, I doubt he’s a blow up virgin! :smiley: