No Data on my Digicard

Took my digicard into the office yesterday for download, and apparently it’s saying “No Data” on it. The printouts are reading correctly, so the big question is…

Is it the card, or is it the Tacho head thats at fault?

Any help appreciated.

if the printouts are ok then its the card at fault.

You’ve been erased :open_mouth:

Yup, youve been erased. new card reqd
Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago, when DHL switched to new trucks I had to start using my card, when I 1st used it, it kept kicking my card out when I put in the head, and when it did accept the card, it read blank.
seems I`d had it in my bag close to electrical gear (mobile phone, satnav etc) this screwed up the chip, so now I keep it well away from electrical stuff

Just out of interest how much do they charge for card replacement?

tallyman:

hi, i think its £19 for a replacement card !!!

Kate:
Took my digicard into the office yesterday for download, and apparently it’s saying “No Data” on it. The printouts are reading correctly, so the big question is…

Is it the card, or is it the Tacho head thats at fault?

Any help appreciated.

my boss has a hand held machine and he plugs that into my digi tacho downloads it on to the machine then takes it back to the office and downloads it to his computer he doesnt need my card at all hope this helps

Sounds like it is the card, but a couple of things to try first.

When you put the card into the VU are any event or fault messages displayed and if so, what?

For the next bit you will need to put the card into a VU that you have used on a previous day, this is where one driver one truck fleets usually come in helpful. Try and get a printout from the card for a previous days’ duty in that vehicle. Now get a printout from the VU for the same day, your card and the vehicle printouts should basically have the same details on them. If other drivers used the same vehicle that day their information will be on the VU printout but not your card printout.

If you cannot get printouts from your card then you need to complete form D777B (DVLA office or VOSA test stn) and return it with your card to the DVLA at Swansea. Send it Recorded Delivery. If you send your card back to them they will post your replacement card direct to your home address. There is no charge for the replacement of a ‘faulty’ card. If you don’t return the card you will have to pay £ 19 then hand the card in to the test stn or DVLA local office of your choice and then claim the £ 19 back.

You must report a faulty card within 7 calendar days of discovering it doesn’t work. You may drive digital tacho vehicles for up to 15 calendar days but you must take printouts as follows;

at the start of the shift take a 24hr VU printout. If you did some work or POA before you got the vehicle you must manually record this on the printout. Also write on the printout your full name (doesn’t matter which order it goes in), either; your driver card number or your driver licence number and sign the printout. Drive the vehicle, using the mode switch as appropriate to record; work, POA and breaks. At the end of the shift take another 24 hr VU printout and write the same info on it. If you drive over midnight you’ll have to take a second printout for the first ‘day’ of your shift because digital tachos work on ‘days’ being 00:00 to 24:00. Keep the printouts with you as if they are tacho charts, you have to produce printouts at the roadside if they were made on the current day or the previous 28. After that time you can return them to your employer, they need to store them for 12 months.

Recommendation; have lots of printer paper with you, you’ll need it :smiley: :smiley: I suggest that you do 2 of each printout. That way you can hand one set into the office each day you get back and keep one set yourself. Ignore the warning that you’ll get about driving without a card, you know you haven’t got a card, you sent it back to DVLA, but the tacho doesn’t know that. You can clear the warnings by pressing the ‘OK’ key or the one with the ‘bent arrow’ on it depending upon who made the tacho.

Word of warning; you cannot do this two printout thing if you have never been issued with a Driver Card. If you have never been issued with a driver card and you are given a digital vehicle to drive; DON’T.

tallyman:

New £38
if its malfunctioned and you return it with the application form …Nothing, cept a stamp for the envelope, otherwise its £19 for renewals, lost, stolen or damaged

:blush: :blush: :blush: Not sure what happened there. Only meant to post it once and got some strange error message. Oh well, guess it was a post about digital tachos :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

tallyman:

its £38 for the 1st application.
£19 for renewal, lost, stolen or damaged
otherwiseif you return a malfunctioned card with the application form … its free

its a good idea to have a couple of spare application forms around at home in case you need to get a replacement

Thanks for you help guys.

When I put the card in the tacho, it comes up with my name , so I guess the card hasn’t been totally erased.
The printouts work nicely, with all the days transactions on, so that’s got to be a good thing.
The first question I asked TM when he came to download it, was “Have you put it in the right way up” , which he had :open_mouth:
He also has a little machine that he plugs directly into the tacho unit, so no real great shakes there.

So I’m still seriously confused, cos the tacho knows its my card, and does a nice loooonnnng printout daily.

Now what?

Looks like all this double posting is something to do with a script debug which leads you to think you haven’t submitted the post , when you actually have.

geebee45:
:oops: :blush: :blush: Not sure what happened there. Only meant to post it once and got some strange error message. Oh well, guess it was a post about digital tachos :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the techies are looking into the strange error messages :wink:

Also, I don’t get any card error codes, or messages. :confused:

Have they tried downloading from other driver cards since this happened ?

If you get a message like this when posting, the post has probably been placed, so no need to “Submit” it again.

Could not insert new word matches

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1016 Can’t open file: ‘phpbb_search_wordmatch.MYI’. (errno: 145)

INSERT INTO phpbb_search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) SELECT 307060, word_id, 0 FROM phpbb_search_wordlist WHERE word_text IN (‘tried’, ‘downloading’, ‘driver’, ‘cards’, ‘since’, ‘happened’)

Line : 251
File : functions_search.php

My third card died last night after only 3 weeks. Don’t know what is wrong with them as I keep it in my wallet away from electrical stuff.

You are required to make a manual record of your work - you do not have to take a print out from the tacho. I asked VOSA and was told that a manual record is all that is required, it doesn’t even have to be on a tacho disk.

Malfunctioning cards are replaced free of charge thoug I don’t kniow how many DVLA will let me have!

Gardun said;

You are required to make a manual record of your work - you do not have to take a print out from the tacho. I asked VOSA and was told that a manual record is all that is required, it doesn’t even have to be on a tacho disk

Don’t know who you spoke to in VOSA but trust me on this one, manual records are not sufficient for cases of driver card being damaged, malfunctioning or not in the possession of the driver (lost / stolen) you MUST do the printout thing I described above. That is what is required by Article 15 of 3821/85 and Scn 97 of Transport Act 1968. Failure to comply equals ‘fail to keep records’ a Prohibitable offence and one that carries a maximum fine of up to £ 5000 in Magistrates Court.

Ermm, What’s a tacho and a digi card??

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: