DigiCard Problem

I did some work, all seemed well with the digi card machine.
The machine was below my right knee so couldn’t see the display when in the driving seat.

, recorded my break… all well… until I got back to the depot. I got out, secured the lorry, then went to retrieve my card. The display was saying “card error” so couldn’t record my end of shift.
I’ve made a note of the reg. of the lorry, and the time I finished. Should I get another card?
If any other work comes my way and the card is cream crackered I could do the printouts but not sure if employers would be happy.

I may be wrong but im sure you are allowed 15 days if your card doesnt work as long as you have sent off for a new card, as long as you keep the print outs as your daily record of driving , breaks etc.

Jeff.

should I try it in another lorry, or should I assume it’s the card and not the reader?

btw… if I’m delayed for my reast break or end of day and go just over due to traffic… (about 2mins) would I do a printout for that then write reasons on it?

Try it in another truck might not be your card, as for going over on breaks or end of day write on the back of the printout the reason, traffic etc.as long as its not by much would have thought you would be ok, saying that when I was working for poundland got stuck in traffic missed my break by 1 minute and got an infringement for it even tho I had rung them to tell them and they said it would be ok lol.

coaster:
should I try it in another lorry, or should I assume it’s the card and not the reader?

btw… if I’m delayed for my reast break or end of day and go just over due to traffic… (about 2mins) would I do a printout for that then write reasons on it?

don’t make a habit of it

I would try the card in another vehicle, I take it the card wasn’t downloaded after the shift ?

coaster:

If there’s a good reason for running over the driving time do a printout.

If it’s just a case that you ran into heavier traffic than you expected I personally wouldn’t bother unless it was exceptionally heavy traffic caused by an accident or some other unusual obstacle.

You’re going to get an infringement anyway, and VOSA won’t be interested that you met a couple of dozen more vehicles on the road than you expected so there’s not much point in wasting time or paper in my opinion.