nights out

hi I’m starting to do nights out what’s best quilt or a sleeping bag?

What’s better, tea or coffee? It’s all down to personal preference for you, not what I think is best for you. I’m not sleeping in it, well unless you’re very lucky and in which case there’ll not be much sleeping going on :wink: :wink: BOOM :laughing:

King size quilt and sheets easier to keep clean and more comfortable

Quilt all the way.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

thanks will have to go shopping :smiley:

I have a nice artic type sleeping bag is great. cost a few quid though but had it about 10 years.
goes in washing machine to be cleaned.
but I doubt any sleeping bags these days are as good a quality

For the winter months, get a decent high TOG factor double duvet, for the warmer months, a lower TOG rating, a bed sheet to go on the bunk, for a wash and shave kit, buy one set to keep in the truck, and leave one set at home, so save carting it all to and from your car.
Ear plugs for a noisy night out in a lay by, baby wipes to keep clean when no shower .
When the truck goes in the garage, make sure heavy items are stored away, to avoid the broken windscreen when the cab is tilted over.
A big plastic bottle to wee in at night, then chuck it down a drain hole.

I used to like sleeping bags, but I wouldn’t do the zip up fully, in case someone breaks in, I felt sort of more vulnerable if that makes sense…

regular truck,then quilt all the way…cab hopper or occasional nights out,then sleeping bag for convenience.

edd1974:
I have a nice artic type sleeping bag

Are they the ones that bend in the middle ■■? :slight_smile:

raymundo:

edd1974:
I have a nice artic type sleeping bag

Are they the ones that bend in the middle ■■? :slight_smile:

Exactly what I was thinking lol.

As a cab hopper I have a 40ltr duffel bag with 2 pillows, a fitted sheet, and a single duvet all with their respective covers on. Also in the bag is s towel, wash kit, Phillip Flops and a medical pee bottle

A large…

Double duvet. Put half on the bunk, lay on it and pull the other half over. Two pillows, warm bamboo cotton pyjamas from Harrods and ones teddy bear to make the nights slumber most invigorating.

If youre cab hopping,(or maybe even second hand unit),get yourself a single mattress,dust protector.Fabric on upper side,and rubber-ish membrane on bunk side.Tends to give me a better nights kip,as God knows what animals lay on the bed before me,or when I was off.Most mattress have a zip up cover,so that would be number 1 on my plan,-get it off and washed.

Xl sleeping bag from a caravan place, cost £30. and a single duvet if it’s cold, O and two pillows,can’t be done with night heater on when I’m sleeping.

Pillow cases wash fortnightly,as is duvet cover, sleeping bag every month, and also gets aired regularly.

Mattress cover gets washed every month as do curtains,…

I knew somone who used take an inflatable mattress …
He was into his camping.
So decided to put an inflatable mattress in the back. He reckoned it was.nice n comfy

cec:

Do you kip in a bag at home??
So there’s the answer. :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

1 step above ‘‘Which sat nav’’ I reckon. :unamused:
Am I getting old, less tolerant or both. :neutral_face:

cec:

Really :unamused:
You’ll be asking what’s the best loo roll to carry next

The good thing about a sleeping bag is that due to inbuilt zip it can have your pillow/washbag/towel/flat sheet all inside the one tightly rolled bundle for easy carrying and storage convenience, i don’t have to suffer nights out any more but keep such a bundle in my regular vehicle in case the crap hits the fan, it hasn’t for night on a decade but isn’t beyond the realms.

Just because you have bought a sleeping bag doesn’t mean you have to stitch yourself in like a kipper (smoked tasty edible not the political kipper) inside it, it can be used as a duvet because that’s what it is but with a zip around three sides.

If i was night outing regularly again, then the softest and lightest of duck down duvets would be my choice (possibly one of those that come in two layers, one layer for summer add the second layer for winter, i too do not like night heaters running all night), with Egyptian cotton sheets and pillow case, if you’re out you want that important night’s sleep to be as good as it can be.

A sub question for the old hands, which type of wood is best for the planks placed across the bonnet on which to roll your strip of foam (mattress :laughing: ) onto, needs to be slightly springy, not the type to splinter yet be strong enough despite only around 'arfinch thick planks :smiling_imp:

nick2008:

cec:

Really :unamused:
You’ll be asking what’s the best loo roll to carry next

I would of said quilted cashmere is the way forward [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk