Nights out in a 'low' cab

To be fair you were lucky if you had sleeper when i started driving ridges :open_mouth: we used to either sleep across the seats or make a bed up in the box. a happy night had by all down the front in Penznce with Gordy Haines, Dr Who, Bob Jones (King Bee -Bees transport), Steve from Carpet Express, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jessicas dad:
its an 04reg and in a worn and torn state but it knocks on a bit and pulls well = great little truck.

Ooh! Have they opened it up for you. I read on a Sainsburys forum about those Leeds Freightliner trucks getting in their way :laughing:

I love the one about the removals drivers who make up the customers bed in the back and sleep in it.

I’ve driven to Tbilisi in a day-cabbed FL10 :open_mouth:

kr79:
I love the one about the removals drivers who make up the customers bed in the back and sleep in it.

done that a few times on pickfords but used me own bedding,just being nice lol

My dad used to night out in day cabs, with a hammock built into the cab :laughing:

Well last week in exeter services i could not belive my eyes i saw a day cab foden ridgid not very strange but it was 9pm and the driver was asleep across the seats with a make shift curtain across the front window and when i got up at 6am he was still there :astonished: so some drivers still n/o across the seats :open_mouth: if that was me i would in the traval lodge 100 yards away :smiley:

Big ■■■■:
Well last week in exeter services i could not belive my eyes i saw a day cab foden ridgid not very strange but it was 9pm and the driver was asleep across the seats with a make shift curtain across the front window and when i got up at 6am he was still there :astonished: so some drivers still n/o across the seats :open_mouth: if that was me i would in the traval lodge 100 yards away :smiley:

Saw a similar thing in Taunton Deane services one morning, DAF LF 7.5 tonner bloke sleeping on a board across the seats propped up in the drivers window angled down towards the passenger side and a couple of jackets jammed in the windows, nice :confused:

Used to Kip in this when I first started out, was small but nice and cosy :smiley:

kr79:
Christ i just saw a turk parked up in rainham in an axor i bet its against his human rights not to have an actros for that journey

if that turk is a muslim would he have to have prayer breaks 4 times a day and would his wagon have to face mecca when he went to bed, I bet the authorities would leave him alone as they would not want to upset a muslim

my cab in my daf cf is tiny, good job im not the tallest of drivers :laughing: . but seen as ive got a cab battery behind my seat under the bunk my bag has to stay on the passenger seat floor :frowning: ive almost gave up using my cooker as i cant be arsed get it out the side pod.

George-1982:
Hi all,

My understanding is that to do a night out you need to have a cab fitted with a suitable bunk…correct ■■?

My question is whether or not there are any issues with the number of nights out you can be asked to do if your unit is one of the lower roofed ones, ie can’t stand up, but still has a bunk ■■

My mate is wondering if he can ask his boss to limit his nights out due to the lack of room/space in his cab - glad I don’t have this problem in the Merc :slight_smile:

Hes got a bed and he s moaning :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
first distance job i had 8-10 nights sleeping in cardboard boxes in the back of a removal van.
good days :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

first distance job i had 8-10 nights sleeping in cardboard boxes in the back of a removal van.
good days

You had a cardboard box and your moaning? When i started we had to sleep under the chassis and wrap ourselves in a paper bag. You were lucky. :laughing:

wire:

good days

You had a cardboard box and your moaning? When i started we had to sleep under the chassis and wrap ourselves in a paper bag. You were lucky. :laughing:

you had a paper bag think yourself lucky, my first night out was in an iveco eurocargo… :smiley:

first ever night out in a wagon was sleeping in the footwell of a bedford mk but i didnt want to make u jealous :laughing:

scania245:
good days :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pickfords wanted me to do that when I was a porter - sleep in the back? No ZBing way :open_mouth:
My first night out as a porter was in a Scania 4 series P cab for White & Co, the worst night out was in a Merc 814 :laughing:

Paper bag?
You lucky git. I used to have to crawl under a sheet on the back of the trailer…

Trouble is. It was before Elf and safety went mad, and the sheet was just rolled up behind the headboard. Didn’t matter though, as that was after one of our standard 28 hr days. 2 loads to London 97 drops each! :smiley:

paper bag■■?..cardboard boxes■■?..
you lot dont know you were born!!
when i first started out i had to squeeze myself between the propshaft and chassis using a glove for a pillow and rats for company!

buck rogers:
when i first started out i had to squeeze myself between the propshaft and chassis using a glove for a pillow and rats for company!

did you cover yourself in axle grease to help keep you warm. :question:

my first night out was in a truck with no night heater or bunk. so i improvised and used the cigarette lighter for a bit of heat. i got no sleep whatsoever but atleast i was warm :open_mouth:

dave:

buck rogers:

did you cover yourself in axle grease to help keep you warm. :question:

my first night out was in a truck with no night heater or bunk. so i improvised and used the cigarette lighter for a bit of heat. i got no sleep whatsoever but atleast i was warm :open_mouth:

Hey I had to sleep on the ground,under the truck engine -when I wanted to get up OILY in the morning :smiley: Sorry taxi for Roy :blush: :blush: :blush:

dohhhhhhhhhhhhh you young ens. i had to look after horse first then kip next to it to keep warm :laughing: nothing fancy like a truck