Nightowl..rip off merchants

HI, :laughing: :laughing: …WAS JUST WONDRIN IF ALCONBURY, CARLISLE ,PENRITH ,RUGBY ETC ETC ARE STILL OPEN FOR PARKING, SHOWERS AND A BIT SCRAN… I,M BACK ON THE ROAD MONDAY, TRAMPING AGAIN. if not where you all parking now■■?

I dont know if theyre still open Terry so I hope you get the answer here, I was wondering that the other night and I’d have got to Alconbury but since they seem to have gone belly up, so I didnt go to be on the safe side and I got robbed even worse at Cambridge instead!

Glad to see you got fixed up, who you doing it for?

Mal.

you have a pm mal… well i wont use cambridge then hahahaha… i would of told em to stick there twelve quid mate n parked outside, like at alc…lets hope some one who knows the game buys up these n/owl sites… cant help thinking that they would be better being sold to individuals rather than these big companies… wonder if the folk at chesterfild have got any dosh cos they know how to run the place. :unamused: :unamused:

Good point Terry, theyve been doing a decent job at Chesterfield manys the year now, so the big banana’s that get their hands on these fleece em and poison em pits aught to be ashamed of themselves!

Mal.

Don’t know about the others but alconbury is definately still open for parking. It is full or very nearly full every night. Don’t know about food and showers as I don’t stop there, it just happens that Carters yard at alconbury is the other side of the roundabout so I pass it at least twice a night :smiley:

Cheers Lee! how you getting on with Farters? :wink: actually they aint so bad, but they run me a bit too tight still, with the resulting late boxes, will they learn soon I wonder?

Mal

They are fine with me. As I only live 5 minutes away from them it is a nice easy job. I can run Alconbury-Felixstowe-Alconbury and make it to between Newmarket and Bury StEdmunds before my break, and then have loads of time left to run to Felixstowe and back to alconbury.

I think it is a pretty easy job, and as long as you don’t mind the boredom of it then I think it’s fine. Some of the drivers try to hang it out as much as they can to avoid the second run, but it’s inevitable so I reckon it’s best just to get on with it !

Are you doing days or night, or are you on tramping ■■

Im mainly running B’ham - North west out of Felix. Im hoping they start to send me a bit further and a bit different soon! Its OK, I like a lot of variety though., this week I would have got 3 nights out, but for a breakdown Fri a.m. which lost me Friday out. Its early days still, but overall they seem to be OK.

Mal.

They seem to be quite a well organised company. So far my experiences have shown me that most transport companies have no common sense, and don’t know there arse from there elbow !!

Do you ever run out to the Alconbury yard to collect boxes ?

If I remember rightly you were driving a white Seddon Atki ? Who is that for ?

They do seem basically OK, thats true. The gaffer likes them, as they pay quick, and OK too.

I aint been there yet Lee, maybe one day. Yes, Im in that motor, and its a bit whiter since I got on the wash Friday! :slight_smile: The firms called Ark International, 2 artics at the moment, the other ones a Eurostar.

Mal.

Must admit not sure about the paying bit as I am an agency bod. But they like it if you just get on with it without whinging.
Being a bit new to this Truck Driving lark I do find it a little odd when people take a job that is described as a night trunk moving containers, and then whinge when they get sent to felixstowe or tilbury ■■ where else are you likely to go… :imp:

I will keep a look out for you at Felixstowe, although I think I might be a bit early for you. I normally get down there with my first box at about 19:30, and then back again about 00:00-01:00 with my second box.

Mines the big green Axor…

hehe, thats a point! but you know having a good moans part of the perks! even if it dont make sense :wink:

I might be kicking about for the early time, but i’d be semi dead at them 00:00 times!

Theres a few of theose Axors about! Is it a nice drive?

Mal.

They run about 50 of them out of alconbury. Not too bad, use alot of oil tho’. Bit sluggish up hills unless you work them hard, but they pull like a dream with an empty box on, and roll like a dream with a full box on :sunglasses:

Quite spacious inside, but a bit bouncy on the bumps, oh and the wheels spin like crazy with the middle wheels down in the wet, regardless of the weight !!

You will be able to tell which one is me as I will be the one that pulls up at the south gate, gets my docs doen and goes straight onto the docks. Most of the other lads pull up and have a break in the canteen before they do any work !!

“work” on boxes! :wink: :laughing: I cant fault the canteen though!

Mal.

Must confess that I have never tried it. I always make sure that I have plenty of grub with me before I leave the yard !!

Your gaffers Eurostar doesn’t have ‘Eurostar 430’ in pink on the roof does it ? I got blown away by one the other night !!!

No, both of them are totally plain, no writing on them at all, apart from the odd “valeted by ray charles” or something! :laughing:

Mal.

I think we had a Eurostar in alconbury the other morning about 5 come to think of it, that were plain.

It wont be ours Lee, theres only me actually running at the moment, the other ones stood.

Mal.

is he looking for a driver then ?

well, he’s got a bloke, but he’s portugese and got to change his lisence over! I said I need a phrasebook if I get parked up with him! :wink:

Mal.