Nightout help :)

so firstly iv never done a night out before, tomorrow i think ill be needing to stay out the night. it wont be in my own truck so i dont want to take to much but what exactly will i need ■■
also i know that i should plan where i should stop the night, but how do i do that? like how will i know when the time to stop will be or if there is a place to stop etc.
stupid questions i know but im not sure of them and dont fancy being stuck on a tuesday lol.

Where is your last delivery?
Are you backloading back to your base in the morning/same day?
And where is your base?
And do you sort of know how much driving time you will have left when you make the last delivery/pick up?

You won’t need much for an odd night out - rough it a bit.
Take a sleeping bag or better still a big duvet.
Wash bag and towel.
Summat to read and some money for food and parking.
Check the night heater works!
Post a message on here tomorrow afternoon - someone will
be along to suggest where to park.
Enjoy!

well i start from my yard, 3:55 to yorkshire, then unload (handball), 1 hour to my next drop in yorkshire to handball again, then 3:25 back to the yard. thats all calculated on the aaroutes so its based on car speeds not lorry so i know it will take longer than that.
so i think once iv done all the driving and work it will end up being a night out

Where’s your yard? Which road will you be coming back down (or up, if you’re north of Yorkshire)?

well ill be coming from birmingham, so ill be going south back.

Ryan090:
well i start from my yard, 3:55 to yorkshire, then unload (handball), 1 hour to my next drop in yorkshire to handball again, then 3:25 back to the yard. thats all calculated on the aaroutes so its based on car speeds not lorry so i know it will take longer than that.
so i think once iv done all the driving and work it will end up being a night out

You might just squeeze it in on a ten if you don’t hang about… :laughing:
Where are your yorkshire drops?

id prefer to just stay a night out instead of pushing times though lol, richmond is my first drop then knaresborough is my last drop before going home

Well the first place you can stop is the Stockyard M18 Jnt 1
The next is M1 Jnt 29 it’s sign posted off the motorway.
The next one is ashby del a zouche come off the A42 and head for maccy d’s and park there it’s free and a pub there if you fancy a pint.
Next one is the servs on the A444 turn off for Nuneaton that too has a maccy d’s it’s a bit of a pig to get into late in the evening.

cheers, are they signposted as truck stops or anything? or services?

and i know its a real dumb question but if i stop at a service station where do i pay?

Ryan090:
know its a real dumb question but if i stop at a service station where do i pay?

You can pay in the restaurant at the till usually. Anyway if its not your truck whose truck will it be ?

I’ll be covering for someone while they have there day off as I don’t normaly do long distance yet.
When you say restaurant you mean like costa and that?

Ryan090:
I’ll be covering for someone while they have there day off as I don’t normaly do long distance yet.
When you say restaurant you mean like costa and that?

Yes the coffee shop or the cashier for the restaurant will take your cash and usually you’ll get a voucher in with the price giving you about £7.00 or thereabouts off the price of food.

Remember a pillow, it makes a difference :laughing:
Also phone charger :wink:

When you go in,in the morning make sure to ask if they pay for parking.
If they don’t then you don’t either,the first two places I mentioned are on ind estates and you can park for free near them and use the facilities they have.

If you get to the services late I wouldn’t bother having summat from the food place, it’s ■■■■■ snap anytime of the day, never mind when it’s been under hot lamps all day. Use your voucher in Burger King or whatever fast food joint there is.

Drift:
Remember a pillow, it makes a difference :laughing:
Also phone charger :wink:

Copious amounts of ■■■■ and an old pair of socks and lube does the trick to if your bored!! :laughing:

i,d have thought you would have done it easy tbh, birningham to richmond cant be more than 3hrs 40ish and then knaresborough on the way back isnt exactly a million miles off the A1, i,d say 8hrs driving and if you can get your 2 drops off in 7 hours then thats you home on a 15, unless you actually want to sleep in a truck and are looking forward to the adventure :wink:

The McDonalds is ok just off the A511 junction. The road is called Lountside if that helps. The wifi is quite strong there so if can close you won’t need to go in. It always seemed nice and quiet when I’ve stopped there and it’s the right price - FREE :wink:

Failing that, the other two suggestions are just as good, just remember the stock yard is visible from the M18 but a little treck through the industrial estate to get to it.

Seriously I don’t mean to be rude you’ve never had a night out and we were all there once. But reading your posts it looks like this is your first rodeo. Have you driven a lorry before?

Take a gonk bag, some cash, a book or tablet, take a cooker and some thing to boil water in. Tea bags and a mug. Park in an MSA as that’ll be easier for you if you’re fairly new to this lark. Remember your wash kit and a towel. Simples