Night Out Money & Other Expenses

Anyone getting their night out money or any other expenses in cash these days or by other means separately from their wages ?

why’s that dafmad have you taken up a job with HMRC :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

i get my night out mpney in cash but boss has decided that he aint gonna pay parking charges over £15 anymore as he see it as a rip off

welshboyinspain:
why’s that dafmad have you taken up a job with HMRC :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Not likely thanks. Just seeing what other companies are up to now.

scotstrucker:
i get my night out mpney in cash but boss has decided that he aint gonna pay parking charges over £15 anymore as he see it as a rip off

So if the parking is £20, does he think you’ll pay the extra fiver ?

the last company i worked for in uk paid 5 nights out every week even if you didn’t do them but would never pay for parking tight sods.
was all included in wages not seperate but was on payslip as tax free.
over here things very different as no such thing as night out money as its a uk thing for tax free pay

he would only pay 15 quid dafmad the extra would be out of my pocket, we have also been told not to park in lymm service area after work mate got back door on his bulk trailer kicked open a month ago n 2 tons of cat 3 material went on ground, cost a 1000 quid to get it cleaned up

We get paid 2 weekly, normal monthly salary at the end of every month and 2 weeks later we get the expences in the bank. We dont have a lot of out of pocket expences as we have yards dotted all over the place so you can normally get in somewhere. We still get paid nights out because you are in the truck. £23 for UK and £25 for anywhere else. It actually works quite well when you get used to it

We get £30 O/Night money half taxed half non ! normaly dont pay for parking in truckstops because most our night outs are up north where there are very few ! mostly just park up usal places lay-byes, ind est etc , my last overnighter i parked in estate and just in Asda car park out way in corner!
anyone ever do that and have they ever had any problems?
handy for toliet/food/juice etc !

as we goaway on planned trips whether its for one night or 37 we get our nightout monies in advance before u go

and then u claim back parking, tolls etc when u get back

ohh and its £22 uk and £30 continental

In place where I am now working part time again and where I used to be full time we have our night-out money in cash and also a float in advance for parking, truck-wash, tolls etc.

We get £22 per night out in cash the following week along with cash reimbursement for parking / tolls etc.

Ive also parked on Asda or Tesco car parks without a problem fallmonk. Think it depends on where you park, as you say its best to park in the furthest corner so no-one is inconvienienced (god that was a long word-not sure about spelling ive checked it twice but it doesnt look right :open_mouth: ) Usually find north of Glasgow-Edinburgh corridor the folks are much more sympathetic to lorry drivers than the South. Cornwall is the same as well.

welshboyinspain:
the last company i worked for in uk paid 5 nights out every week even if you didn’t do them but would never pay for parking tight sods.
was all included in wages not seperate but was on payslip as tax free.
over here things very different as no such thing as night out money as its a uk thing for tax free pay

I have it easier.
I do 4 day Shifts,a 10 Hour,sleep at Home and,and have £480.- in my Pocked

Hi Lovelyperson.
I’ve seen your ugly mug & it is well pocked.
You should use soap from time to time. :smiley:

it’s quite worrying that at least three people have posted that they claim tolls back when they return :open_mouth:
have your bosses not got any cards :question:
if i had to pay tolls and claim them back i’d need securicor to run alongside me usually spend hundreds of euros a week on tolls :open_mouth:
any parking, tolls truckwash or anything i need except food goes on the old DKV even in cab accesories

DaveL:
Hi Lovelyperson.
I’ve seen your ugly mug & it is well pocked.
You should use soap from time to time. :smiley:

Hi,You here too. How are you?

welshboyinspain:
it’s quite worrying that at least three people have posted that they claim tolls back when they return :open_mouth:
if i had to pay tolls and claim them back i’d need securicor to run alongside me usually spend hundreds of euros a week on tolls :open_mouth:
any parking, tolls truckwash or anything i need except food goes on the old DKV even in cab accesories

My company drives only in UK and it’s very rare that I need to use some tolls - I was using M6 toll quite a few times, this tunnel in Newcastle twice and dartford crossing once during my 5 months of full time work there… So i think in this case is no point to set an account…

welshboyinspain:

I stated we claim back tolls but as its only UK , the most it amounts to is about a tenner, usually Mersey tunnel or the like.

We get paid £20 per night we are out, and the parking paid for to. I once paid £18 or £20 for parking. Paid the extra to get the meal voucher as it was only a few pounds more at Durham services but I only claimed for £10 as I see that was only fare as the meal voucher was for the value of £10 and it was my self getting the food.

re tolls its realy only the odd bridge toll or such in the uk that we pay

euro tolls get paid via the shell card or if that dont work we get a float for places like italy