Night Out Money & Other Expenses

Rscos1:
We get paid £20 per night we are out, and the parking paid for to. I once paid £18 or £20 for parking. Paid the extra to get the meal voucher as it was only a few pounds more at Durham services but I only claimed for £10 as I see that was only fare as the meal voucher was for the value of £10 and it was my self getting the food.

serious :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: you paid out £20.00 parking but only claimed £10.00 back because you got a meal voucher :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

jessicas dad:

Rscos1:
We get paid £20 per night we are out, and the parking paid for to. I once paid £18 or £20 for parking. Paid the extra to get the meal voucher as it was only a few pounds more at Durham services but I only claimed for £10 as I see that was only fare as the meal voucher was for the value of £10 and it was my self getting the food.

serious :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: you paid out £20.00 parking but only claimed £10.00 back because you got a meal voucher :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Thats what i thought too…

We get our parking paid in full, but in the following weeks wages, so we have to shell out for it, then claim it back, which is a real bug bear of mine, as if you have 3 parkings in a week, you can easily have done £50+…
Luckily i have a Darttag but not all the trucks do, so some drivers have to shell out for those too… Again we can easily do 5 crossings a week, and it all adds up…

But in answerto the N/Out, we get them paid into our wages, and its shown as tax free on our Payslip’s…

BuzzardBoy:

jessicas dad:

Rscos1:

Thats what i thought too…

We get our parking paid in full, but in the following weeks wages, so we have to shell out for it, then claim it back, which is a real bug bear of mine, as if you have 3 parkings in a week, you can easily have done £50+…
Luckily i have a Darttag but not all the trucks do, so some drivers have to shell out for those too… Again we can easily do 5 crossings a week, and it all adds up…

But in answerto the N/Out, we get them paid into our wages, and its shown as tax free on our Payslip’s…

It is prats like this that make the MSA operators think they are offering a good deal.

The parking fee is separate, it is to park the company owned truck,

the tax free night out or subsistence personal allowance is there to provide an evening meal, a breakfast and an amount for bedding and laundry.

Wheel Nut:
It is prats like this that make the MSA operators think they are offering a good deal.

Couldn’t agree more, is he for real? Mind you he is from Fife, which says it all. Not too many forks in the family trees round them there parts, and if you hear banjo music it aint on the radio. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Not a prat at all. Why should the boss have to pay the full price when I am the one eating the grub.

i get paid lunar monthly and expenses the same proper pain in the arris hence why i spend most nights in laybys,ind estates etc.recently got a memo stating drivers must deduct meal vouchers from parking price when claiming expenses as will be classed as defrauding the company otherwise zb em night out £21 tax free with wages.tipped at lenhams in kent recently and saw a driver getting his expenses parking and n/o in cash as he returned to base. have,nt had that luxury since i worked for pickfords 15 yrs ago.a rare occurence methinks :question: :question:

Rscos1:
Not a prat at all. Why should the boss have to pay the full price when I am the one eating the grub.

This argument has been done to death, truckstops and service operators should take their profits from shop and restaurant sales, if the food they serve is crap, they deserve to go bust.

The way these tickets are priced means that the driver who just wants to park up at Midnight has to pay up to 25quid even though he has just had a three course meal on the ferry.

There is now only 1 or 2 pounds difference between a parking ticket with meal or without, but in Europe the parking is free or occasionally a few Euros which you get back when you buy a meal.