Night out money on parking in services

SHYTOT:
We had £10,000 worth of goods stolen from a curtain parked in the services,
the driver who was built like a brick [zb] laid in the cab shaking like
a fretting dog, no one else was interested usual thing with the police here’s
your crime number

What would you reckon he should have done?..confront them, and risk getting a baseball bat over the swede, or a knife in the stomach?
I’m a big lad, I can look after myself, ok I probably wouldn’t be sat in the cab shaking like a ■■■■ ing dog, but neither would I be getting out at them…at best I’d start the motor up to deter them,.and phone the Old Bill to cover my arse.

I don’t get paid nearly enough to get my head caved in, I’ve no desire to be a hero, and I aint a security guard…despite what the daymen on here say.
Leave police work to the Police. :bulb:

robroy:

SHYTOT:
your crime number

What would you reckon he should have done?..confront them, and risk getting a baseball bat over the swede, or a knife in the stomach?
I’m a big lad, I can look after myself, ok I probably wouldn’t be sat in the cab shaking like a [zb] ing dog, but neither would I be getting out at them…at best I’d start the motor up to deter them,.and phone the Old Bill to cover my arse.

I don’t get paid nearly enough to get my head caved in, I’ve no desire to be a hero, and I aint a security guard…despite what the daymen on here say.
Leave police work to the Police. :bulb:

Totally agree with you mate, you are not a security guard.

You are actually an unpaid security guard :grimacing:

sammym:
Err… only time I’ve had my diesel kbicked was when I was in a services! South mimms to be precise. I stopped for an hour to kip as I was knackered and they cleared out every last drop.

Police didn’t come out. They then left me a message saying no cctv so they wont investigate. I got sacked from the best paying driving job I ever had .

I dont blame companies who wont pay for you to park in a high risk area like a services.

Surely the company can claim some sort of insurance being backed by the police and a safe parking area etc, statements,

A lot to go through for a laugh,

I think your at risk anywhere you park but the services are probably the safest overall tbh. Especially if anything kicks off, there’s other drivers, mostly cctv,

I’m sure if a driver had a serious injury then they would find the people quite quickly, wether as fuel theft generally does not come coupled with any sort of injury so it’s just classed as petty theft.

Wrong and gives out the wrong signal but it’s like many things … nothing changes until something serious happens.

Wee Man:

sammym:
Err… only time I’ve had my diesel kbicked was when I was in a services! South mimms to be precise. I stopped for an hour to kip as I was knackered and they cleared out every last drop.

Police didn’t come out. They then left me a message saying no cctv so they wont investigate. I got sacked from the best paying driving job I ever had .

I dont blame companies who wont pay for you to park in a high risk area like a services.

Surely the company can claim some sort of insurance being backed by the police and a safe parking area etc, statements,

A lot to go through for a laugh,

I think your at risk anywhere you park but the services are probably the safest overall tbh. Especially if anything kicks off, there’s other drivers, mostly cctv,

I’m sure if a driver had a serious injury then they would find the people quite quickly, wether as fuel theft generally does not come coupled with any sort of injury so it’s just classed as petty theft.

Wrong and gives out the wrong signal but it’s like many things … nothing changes until something serious happens.

Frankly if it kicks off I’m staying in the cab. I’m not as big or hard as Robroy (I guess I’ve never met the bloke). But I value my health more than protecting a bit of diesel or whatever they put on the back of the trailer. Tinkers don’t come in 1’s or 2’s and fortunately they will usually tell you to get back in before you get hurt - other types of criminals might not be so kind. So I’d stay in the cab.

I went through a period at ECP where I brought myself a massive maglite - not to protect the stock, but to protect myself. We used to go out with a trailer full of car parts and had to stop with a fully liveried truck in relatively remote places and pull the cages off. Drivers did take a beating and were robbed. I’d be happy with fighting them off and legging it, leaving them with whatever they wanted including the wagon.

My point was that services are not the safe haven people make them out to be. They are noisy and busy. And no one notices someone moving around. Even a van can be doing a tire change. A quite industrial area is safer imo limited experience. What’s more you’ll rest a lot better without the noise.

SHYTOT:
your crime number

Did the driver not have a phone he could have used whilst in the cab?
Or are you saying the Police refused to come out during an ongoing robbery? Incredible.

chinese6:
But surely NO employer expects their parking fees to come out of the drivers night out money.

You never worked for Bill Chippington, did you…
[/quote]
Or Smeets Ferry