Night out money on parking in services

raymundo:
quote … ‘‘if they want someone to babysit 100 grand worth of equipment and then however much the load is worth then 25 quid isnt unfair.’’

So you are prepared to be a security guard for just a smidgin over £2 per hour ■■ No wonder the job is screwed !!! :unamused:

Yeh but that aint how it works is it.
It aint based on an hourly rate as you well know, and nothing to do with being a security guard either.
I’m being reimbursed/paid for sleeping in my truck.
There is no way in hell I would physically challenge anybody that I caught trying to nick my load or fuel, and I’m a big lad…but I aint ■■■■ stupid.
On the other hand if I WAS getting paid adequately to be a ‘security guard’ as you put it, then fair enough…but I aint.

Mine is a different kettle of fish because I run on BG plates, so i dont pay for parking in service areas…they do send a ticket to the company in BG, but we have a special bin for them…and the Uk cannot access any details from ( dvla ) across europe, but Europe can access details ( uk /english ) to our DVLA.

So park in any services, do not pay, and your company will get a ticket…they may try and pass it on to you, but your excuse will be: `You dont pay parking for your vehicle, and its NOT my responsibility, as its not MY truck, so if you want more tickets ( on top of the parking fee ) carry on mister the way you always have…BUT…if you want to re-imburse me for the parking fee only, to park in a reasonably safe area, i am willing to do that, otherwise i will continue to park in a safe area, but you will pay the bills. I can of course park in a layby, where its free, but YOU run the risk of the curtains getting cut ( delaying a delivery or collection whilst a repair is carried out ) and also run the risk of the fuel being stolen, or the tank being spiked, which is of greater cost to the company ( probably hundreds of pounds ) which is why most companies pay drivers to park in a secure park away from harm…YOUR CHOICE, and you can claim back tax on any parking fees…so its not as bad as you think.
I dont think yours is a new company, and ( like others ) i am curious as to how other drivers use their overnight allowance, and whether this practice of not paying for parking has been going on for a long time…Its time drivers started to fight back…we all deserve to park in a safe area, and services or truckstops are much better than a layby or industrial estate…where the risk is greater.

truckyboy:
So park in any services, do not pay, and your company will get a ticket…they may try and pass it on to you, but your excuse will be: `You dont pay parking for your vehicle, and its NOT my responsibility, as its not MY truck, so if you want more tickets ( on top of the parking fee ) carry on mister the way you always have…BUT…if you want to re-imburse me for the parking fee only, to park in a reasonably safe area, i am willing to do that, otherwise i will continue to park in a safe area, but you will pay the bills. I can of course park in a layby, where its free, but YOU run the risk of the curtains getting cut ( delaying a delivery or collection whilst a repair is carried out ) and also run the risk of the fuel being stolen, or the tank being spiked, which is of greater cost to the company ( probably hundreds of pounds ) which is why most companies pay drivers to park in a secure park away from harm…YOUR CHOICE, and you can claim back tax on any parking fees…so its not as bad as you think.
Its time drivers started to fight back…we all deserve to park in a safe area, and services or truckstops are much better than a layby or industrial estate…where the risk is greater.

Exactly the right course of action mate, but seriously, can you imagine your average modern driver standing up to his firm like that ?
Most will just do exactly and precisely as they are told, whatever. :unamused:
(Not referring specifically to the o/p btw, as I don’t know him.)

Does this problem even exist?
I mean…i’ve worked for firms that don’t pay parking (unless absolutely necessary)
But surely NO employer expects their parking fees to come out of the drivers night out money.

Get a couple of 8’ x 4’ prints made of an image like this, attach it to the rearmost two pallets and leave the ■■■■■■■ trailer doors open.

google.co.uk/search?q=pictu … bbLBgB7IvM:

cav551:
Get a couple of 8’ x 4’ prints made of an image like this, attach it to the rearmost two pallets and leave the [zb] trailer doors open.

Lol, just found this thread, I’m going to be doing my first bit of tramping this week on containers and I’m sure the agency are gonna try and hump me one way or another it’s good to see the views on here … I’m Ltd company does this matter at all ?

Might try the whisky pics and caravan park if I don’t get my money lol.

google.co.uk/search?q=pictu … bbLBgB7IvM:

But surely NO employer expects their parking fees to come out of the drivers night out money.
[/quote]
You never worked for Bill Chippington, did you…

Self edit…
Self censored…

Found out earlier that I’ll get £25 per night out , is this correct or should it be £26.20 as the gov website says ? Just wanting to clarify etc,

And they said they don’t pay parking but might re inverse it , doesn’t sound too promising, it’s all very well saying that they will try to route you to the nearest depot but we don’t live in a perfect world ,

So I guess it’s pay for it and hour I get paid or just park it up and let whatever happens happens :stuck_out_tongue:

Wee Man:
Found out earlier that I’ll get £25 per night out , is this correct or should it be £26.20 as the gov website says ? Just wanting to clarify etc,

And they said they don’t pay parking but might re inverse it , doesn’t sound too promising, it’s all very well saying that they will try to route you to the nearest depot but we don’t live in a perfect world ,

So I guess it’s pay for it and hour I get paid or just park it up and let whatever happens happens :stuck_out_tongue:

26.20 is the maximum tax free, but it isn’t a legal set limit, so yes 25.00 is legal.

Cheers Albion.

I get 25 a night no paid parking. To be honest do average 2 nights out a week.
Done it for 4 years year never had any issues.
To be honest if I got paid parking doubt I’d use it.
As in my eyes parking in motorway services/ truck stops ain’t for me. All the noise comings and goings. Fridges engines running all night. Places lit up like Xmas trees
Nothing to see or do.
Prefer the spots I know where can chill out get out go for a walk. Go to local pub .it’s peaceful quiet dark get a good night’s sleep.

All I do is stop at last services before I park up have a shower. And again in morning 1st services I come across have a shower.

Plus have more choice of food instead of kfc or McDonalds.

Just my view on things

I have to say i like the way the companies i’ve worked for do it, they give you a certain amount of money when you start to be used for these kind of expenditures and it’s replaced as you use it so your not using your own money which is good because i barely had enough to live on. The last company changed from actual money and gave us a Mastercard credit card to use but was limited to truck stuff only :wink: :wink:

remy:
I have to say i like the way the companies i’ve worked for do it, they give you a certain amount of money when you start to be used for these kind of expenditures and it’s replaced as you use it so your not using your own money which is good because i barely had enough to live on. The last company changed from actual money and gave us a Mastercard credit card to use but was limited to truck stuff only :wink: :wink:

I imagine that companies giving drivers a “float” nowadays are few and far between. One place I worked gave me £400 as a float. I promptly took a week off and spent the time ■■■■■■ as a mattres, worked there for years and when I left paying it back was never mentioned! Happy days.

I got a £250 float when I started where I am now. The theory is sound but hasn’t worked in practice for me as I stopped topping it back up ages ago so it’s all gone [emoji26]
No self discipline I’m afraid.

Wee Man:

The £26.20 is the maximum that can be paid without being taxed. They can pay you up to that and you will get it tax free or they can pay over that and it’ll ALL be taxed like normal wages.

Sod em. Park it up where you don’t pay, don’t bother looking for anywhere particularly secure and its not your problem if the fuel gets nicked or the curtains slashed.

Err… only time I’ve had my diesel kbicked was when I was in a services! South mimms to be precise. I stopped for an hour to kip as I was knackered and they cleared out every last drop.

Police didn’t come out. They then left me a message saying no cctv so they wont investigate. I got sacked from the best paying driving job I ever had .

I dont blame companies who wont pay for you to park in a high risk area like a services.

sammym:
Err… only time I’ve had my diesel kbicked was when I was in a services! South mimms to be precise. I stopped for an hour to kip as I was knackered and they cleared out every last drop.

Police didn’t come out. They then left me a message saying no cctv so they wont investigate. I got sacked from the best paying driving job I ever had .

I dont blame companies who wont pay for you to park in a high risk area like a services.

You clearly fully agreed with them sacking you.

We had £10,000 worth of goods stolen from a curtain parked in the services,
the driver who was built like a brick ■■■■■■■■■ laid in the cab shaking like
a fretting dog, no one else was interested usual thing with the police here’s
your crime number