wet wipes
cereal
wet wipes
long life milk
wet wipes
and just in case,
wet wipes
:laughing:

Wot no spare cartidges for your Portabog■■?

Ahh…Hence the wet wipes eh? :wink:

BUGGER! Rumbled!

Dogthehunter,

Giblsa recommends a ratchet strap to tie the doors together, IMO the locks on my unit will give me enough time to work out if someone is trying to break in(which has happened).

Should the unthinkable happen and the truck catch fire or the one next to you etc. that ratchet strap may well cost you your life. Most on here have either seen a truck fire, had one or seen the aftermath every second counts!! :wink:

Not having a go at you Giblsa just different horses for different courses :slight_smile:

N2N Transport:
Dogthehunter,

Giblsa recommends a ratchet strap to tie the doors together, IMO the locks on my unit will give me enough time to work out if someone is trying to break in(which has happened).

Should the unthinkable happen and the truck catch fire or the one next to you etc. that ratchet strap may well cost you your life. Most on here have either seen a truck fire, had one or seen the aftermath every second counts!! :wink:

Not having a go at you Giblsa just different horses for different courses :slight_smile:

Good advice, especially after that driver in Grimsby was burnt alive when his truck was torched.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/humber/3445753.stm

Giblsa:

gezt:
Not sure why anyone buys 12volt inverters. For the same money you can get a 24volt version which is actually designed to run in lorries. Then you can do away with converters and droppers. and bolts instead of fuses :smiley:

Heres the 24 volt version from maplins for the same money as a 12volt version

maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Mod … doy=search
that similar to what i use and it works a treat,

i bought the 12v one as i already had a dropper for my fridge (in case of no hella plug) and i can use it in the car with the laptop (to keep the brat happy watching films!)

forgot to mention fridge on my list as well, where the hell do i put it all in a DAF CF, havent brought te fridge this weekend i,ve got a massive one on the back!

I dont plug nothing in, i’ve run my own fused supply direct from the batteries, with 10mm2 cables giving more than enough capacity, everyting i run is 24 volt, Fridge, Inverter etc - In my oppinion running high current items such as inverters from ■■■ lighter plugs causes problems/fires :grimacing:

24volt inverters are half an amp per 10watts at 230/240v so even a tiny 300w inverter will draw 15A at full capacity.
12volt inverters are 1 amp per 10watts at 230/240v so a 300w inverter at full capacity your looking at 30Amps. :open_mouth:
Hella sockets are only rated at 16 Amps and ■■■ Sockets are generally around the 10 Amp (20 if your lucky) mark depending on the quality. :unamused: :unamused:

:grimacing:

delboy98:

Giblsa:

gezt:
Not sure why anyone buys 12volt inverters. For the same money you can get a 24volt version which is actually designed to run in lorries. Then you can do away with converters and droppers. and bolts instead of fuses :smiley:

Heres the 24 volt version from maplins for the same money as a 12volt version

maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Mod … doy=search
that similar to what i use and it works a treat,

i bought the 12v one as i already had a dropper for my fridge (in case of no hella plug) and i can use it in the car with the laptop (to keep the brat happy watching films!)

before i bought my inverter i checked with electrian regarding ampage etc and he said i could safely draw upto 20 amps if i wanted and he would wire it up for me.

forgot to mention fridge on my list as well, where the hell do i put it all in a DAF CF, havent brought te fridge this weekend i,ve got a massive one on the back!

I dont plug nothing in, i’ve run my own fused supply direct from the batteries, with 10mm2 cables giving more than enough capacity, everyting i run is 24 volt, Fridge, Inverter etc - In my oppinion running high current items such as inverters from ■■■ lighter plugs causes problems/fires :grimacing:

24volt inverters are half an amp per 10watts at 230/240v so even a tiny 300w inverter will draw 15A at full capacity.
12volt inverters are 1 amp per 10watts at 230/240v so a 300w inverter at full capacity your looking at 30Amps. :open_mouth:
Hella sockets are only rated at 16 Amps and ■■■ Sockets are generally around the 10 Amp (20 if your lucky) mark depending on the quality. :unamused: :unamused:

:grimacing:

never forget your

[/code]

hey guys,

with all these electrical items you have, dont you worry you’ll have a flat battery in the morning? or am I missing something?

a built in fridge freezer? OMG

I run 24v 600W inverter off an Anderson connection through my Tail lift connection at the back of my unit. I have a sausage plug which will pull apart easily between the connection and the back of my unit should someone tilt the cab without knowing. From the inverter I have a four plug extension lead which runs my TV, Freeview box and Aerial plugs. Sometimes the spare plug runs my phone charger or my laptop at the same time. Have run this for up to six hours of an evening without affecting the battery power.
Any of you guys with knowledge of electrickery that may spot a potential problem with this set up please let me know, as my electrical fault finding usually consists of shorting things out, or jumping around when I short myself out.

Bilgepump:
I run 24v 600W inverter off an Anderson connection through my Tail lift connection at the back of my unit. I have a sausage plug which will pull apart easily between the connection and the back of my unit should someone tilt the cab without knowing. From the inverter I have a four plug extension lead which runs my TV, Freeview box and Aerial plugs. Sometimes the spare plug runs my phone charger or my laptop at the same time. Have run this for up to six hours of an evening without affecting the battery power.
Any of you guys with knowledge of electrickery that may spot a potential problem with this set up please let me know, as my electrical fault finding usually consists of shorting things out, or jumping around when I short myself out.

Thats what I wanted to hear, the kind of things I could run from an inverter

Bilgepump:

Theres no problem with that at all, as i do the same, i also leave my fridge on 24 hours… :wink: :wink:

As long as you know your capacity of your batterys in Amp Hours (Ah), half that amount (to save capacity to start the engine again) and divide your full load current into the figre you have left, that will give you the amount of hours you can your eqipment for. :wink: :wink:

Example of what i have,

600Ah @ 24V divide by 2 = 300Ah

600W Inverter a full load current = 30A (See Previous post in this thread to work this out)
Fridge 70W @ 24V = 3A
Total Draw = 33A

So you divide 33 into 300 which equals 9.09, so that just over 9 hours of use before you need to start up… :wink: :wink: :grimacing:

dogthehunter:
What is wrong with cannon park mdlbourgh?

All might you’ll be kept awake by young women from yellow pages asking if looking for business.

Mr B:
All might you’ll be kept awake by young women from yellow pages asking if looking for business.

Actually I have found a solution to this.
Simply accept the offer of the first lady, thereafter you shan’t be bothered!

Alex :wink:

As someone who has only ever tramped … realised this when chatting to someone the other week, I have never had a job where I am home every night… I see some strange things being carried by some of you guys.
I carry a small burner and kettle along with a small saucepan … purely for emergencies!! A tin of oxtail soup with a small tin of baked beans thrown in can be very filling in an emergency. A TV?? No thanks. Fridge full of food■■? No thanks. I spend all day in that bloody cab (even if it is a Super Space) and the last thing I want to do at night, which is MY time after all, is sit in it cooking or watching the TV. I consider my cab to be solely for working and sleeping in…not spending MY leisure time in.
It is has not been unusual, in the recent past, for me to spend anything up to 17 days away yet I still want out of that cab at night.

TheBear:
As someone who has only ever tramped … realised this when chatting to someone the other week, I have never had a job where I am home every night… I see some strange things being carried by some of you guys.
I carry a small burner and kettle along with a small saucepan … purely for emergencies!! A tin of oxtail soup with a small tin of baked beans thrown in can be very filling in an emergency. A TV?? No thanks. Fridge full of food■■? No thanks. I spend all day in that bloody cab (even if it is a Super Space) and the last thing I want to do at night, which is MY time after all, is sit in it cooking or watching the TV. I consider my cab to be solely for working and sleeping in…not spending MY leisure time in.
It is has not been unusual, in the recent past, for me to spend anything up to 17 days away yet I still want out of that cab at night.

I only self cater when im out of spain, in france, england and germany i find it far to expensive to eat and drink out, while im in spain i dont spend a minute longer in the cab than i have too as there are a million and one good places to stop and get good food and drink… :grimacing: …also the horizontal refreshments are good :wink: :wink: :wink: :grimacing:

France and Germany is just too expensive :open_mouth:
The UK has no where good to stop so its not even worth bothering getting out the cab… :open_mouth:

N2N Transport:

didnt think you was having a go mate, i just keep a knife with me just in case i need to cut anything and it is always handy to have in a cab with you :wink:

its ideal for slicing tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese and chavs! :laughing: :laughing:

delboy98:
I only self cater when im out of spain, in france, england and germany i find it far to expensive to eat and drink out, while im in spain i dont spend a minute longer in the cab than i have too as there are a million and one good places to stop and get good food and drink… :grimacing: …also the horizontal refreshments are good :wink: :wink: :wink: :grimacing:

France and Germany is just too expensive :open_mouth:
The UK has no where good to stop so its not even worth bothering getting out the cab… :open_mouth:

Come on, Del … you know as well as I do that you can go into a routier in France and get a 4 course meal with vino for €11-12 !!! I find Germany the most expensive which is why I avoid it as much as possible.