Night out gear

Looks like a new job is in the bag soon :slight_smile: but the catch is that there is nights out on the tipper trucks. Starting in Class 2 for a few weeks for holiday cover I think and then going onto Class 1 afterwards.

Now since this will be my first. What gear do I op / really need to take on a 4 night out week??!

Sleeping Bag is 1 lol…

Any advice…

Ta

Mace.

cooking gear (ie gas stove and pans)
Tv/dvd and/or some good books

harry:
Mace.

Will a baseball bat do? lol

Semtex:

Good job Im going camping this weekend so the cooker will be nicked for my kit - now to source a TV/DVD player

Any goodies out there that will also show teletext!!!? and able to run from the truck electrics - 12/24Volt?

Thanks!

Mike

A flat screen tv will do that. I got one from Sainsbury`s ÂŁ200 . Runs on 12 volts. That was a couple of years ago.
Lots of comfort food.
Even a case of beer.
Drinking water.
Fruit.

Over the years I developed a kit that was just right for me but it went through many reincarnations till I got it right. Basically you want a kit that will split in two, one part that stays in the cab and the rest you take home and wash/clean/replace ( assuming you have the same wagon that is.)

Mine used to consist of
Good basic washing gear inc apart from the obvious, loads of flannels for cab washes when stuck, wet wipes and I used one of those wet electric razers which only needed a charge every two weeks. mirror, Washing up bowl to store it all in and take a couple of towels so one can dry while you use the other. One of those 5 litre mineral water bottles from tescos

Laptop for entertainment and routfinding. I used to get the missus to tape dvds in the week of stuff I liked or get the free dvds with sunday papers. Saves driving yourself mad with crap tv reception when surrounded by metal in truckparks and you can watch what you enjoy

hard rations for emergencies, I used those rice sachets and stew or curry in tins. Tinned fruit, sticky milk, suger cubes,( Granulated gets everywhere)
Instant tea, biscuits, things like that. You can always have a brew and a bite anytime. I used to take two or three fresh meals a week the missus cooked like cottage pie in foil tins and warrm up in mobile oven (24v) I used to eat out once normally. Proper pots and mugs as I hate plastic and tin, makes you feel you are in the scouts. You can feel a bit civilised!! small pan, small frying pan all non stick

Sleeping bags I hated, always made me feel confined. Good double duvet and a fleece blanket so you could lie on it in hot weather or stick your legs out the side. Double duvet meant you could lie on one half and cover with other.
(maybe just me but found it softer and more flexible) Good pillow makes all the difference and you can wash the duvet and pillow cover without luggging it all home.

If your tipping a good tip is to take a waterproof bag you can put your mucky boots and other items in and leave on the catwalk overnight as they tend to stink the cab up with nightheaters on. (I used to do farm deliveries and theres nothing like sleeping with the great smell of [zb] Youy can also put your dirty washing in as you take it off as this tends to get a bit manky by thursday.

Small fridge (big ones get so much in the way) and 24v only as droppers are a pain.

Finally a good selection of books, Personally I used to restrict my tv/dvd as I used to find I,d lie there boggling at it till late cos I was tooo idle to switch it off
I read and always nodded off that way. I was totally paranoid about battery levels and always ran the engine for 1/2 hour after tv fridge etc. never travelled woithout jump leads ever in case I screwed up and needed a jump start

Its all personal choice of course but you may get an idea from that that will make your life easier. I used to hate lugging shedfulls home everyweekend so trimmed everthing to smallest levels and sizes

xlthunter:

harry:
Mace.

those 18" maglights are great torches, but they have a secondary use too if you have too :wink: without the law doing you for carrying a weapon.

also useful is a can of deep heat spray (for all that sitting down you do all day) but dont accidently remove the wide angle spray head and replace it with it a narrow spray off a can of WD40. a quick squirt of that in some toe rags face will have them running…

xlthunter:
Looks like a new job is in the bag soon :slight_smile: but the catch is that there is nights out on the tipper trucks. Starting in Class 2 for a few weeks for holiday cover I think and then going onto Class 1 afterwards.

Now since this will be my first. What gear do I op / really need to take on a 4 night out week??!

Sleeping Bag is 1 lol…

Any advice…

Ta

rigger boots hard hat high vis jacket you wont have time to watch the telly :laughing: :laughing:

one of them latex , rubbery things that look like a women, ive just started doing nights out , only two but its hard work not having the mrs next to you, four nights id go stir crazy.

Steveo_uk How do you like them apples…?

daneinter:
Over the years I developed a kit that was just right for me but it went through many reincarnations till I got it right. Basically you want a kit that will split in two, one part that stays in the cab and the rest you take home and wash/clean/replace ( assuming you have the same wagon that is.)

Mine used to consist of
Good basic washing gear inc apart from the obvious, loads of flannels for cab washes when stuck, wet wipes and I used one of those wet electric razers which only needed a charge every two weeks. mirror, Washing up bowl to store it all in and take a couple of towels so one can dry while you use the other. One of those 5 litre mineral water bottles from tescos

Laptop for entertainment and routfinding. I used to get the missus to tape dvds in the week of stuff I liked or get the free dvds with sunday papers. Saves driving yourself mad with crap tv reception when surrounded by metal in truckparks and you can watch what you enjoy

hard rations for emergencies, I used those rice sachets and stew or curry in tins. Tinned fruit, sticky milk, suger cubes,( Granulated gets everywhere)
Instant tea, biscuits, things like that. You can always have a brew and a bite anytime. I used to take two or three fresh meals a week the missus cooked like cottage pie in foil tins and warrm up in mobile oven (24v) I used to eat out once normally. Proper pots and mugs as I hate plastic and tin, makes you feel you are in the scouts. You can feel a bit civilised!! small pan, small frying pan all non stick

Sleeping bags I hated, always made me feel confined. Good double duvet and a fleece blanket so you could lie on it in hot weather or stick your legs out the side. Double duvet meant you could lie on one half and cover with other.
(maybe just me but found it softer and more flexible) Good pillow makes all the difference and you can wash the duvet and pillow cover without luggging it all home.

If your tipping a good tip is to take a waterproof bag you can put your mucky boots and other items in and leave on the catwalk overnight as they tend to stink the cab up with nightheaters on. (I used to do farm deliveries and theres nothing like sleeping with the great smell of [zb] Youy can also put your dirty washing in as you take it off as this tends to get a bit manky by thursday.

Small fridge (big ones get so much in the way) and 24v only as droppers are a pain.

Finally a good selection of books, Personally I used to restrict my tv/dvd as I used to find I,d lie there boggling at it till late cos I was tooo idle to switch it off
I read and always nodded off that way. I was totally paranoid about battery levels and always ran the engine for 1/2 hour after tv fridge etc. never travelled woithout jump leads ever in case I screwed up and needed a jump start

Its all personal choice of course but you may get an idea from that that will make your life easier. I used to hate lugging shedfulls home everyweekend so trimmed everthing to smallest levels and sizes

Stroll on! :open_mouth: Is there anything you don’t take? :open_mouth:

xlthunter:

harry:
Mace.

Semtex:

Good job Im going camping this weekend so the cooker will be nicked for my kit - now to source a TV/DVD player

Any goodies out there that will also show teletext!!!? and able to run from the truck electrics - 12/24Volt?

Thanks!

Mike

I’d stop right there with your list, as you may find you don’t have time for all the extras like dvd players and teletext. Take the basics first, and see how you go!

harry:
A flat screen tv will do that. I got one from Sainsbury`s ÂŁ200 . Runs on 12 volts. That was a couple of years ago.
Lots of comfort food.
Even a case of beer.
Drinking water.
Fruit.

harry from another thread:
brit pete It would help everyone if it were zero-tolerance. I am taking a break at the moment but on UK work I would drink Friday night & Saturday at home etc; After 1400hrs on Sunday I would knock it on the head ready for the early start Monday morning…

Well harry, which is itâ– â– ? Do you knock the drinking on the head when driving the next day or do you take a case with you on a night outâ– â– ?

never got round to doing it but i always thought a push bike on a rack at the back of the cab was a good idea (seen a few) park over on a site somewhere and get the bike out to the nearest food, bit of exercise after being on your backside all day and none of that driving through a village with a big a wagon and realising you’ve just pasted the one and only chip shop for forty miles when it’s to late to stop.

Willy Gofar Dont get lashed up on a Sunday night. A case of beer would give you one beer with a mate when you finished a days work & would help you sleep. ( The beer,that is. Not the mate ) Hope this helps ? **( Dont get so fissing pendantic )**

paul b Never give a fish & chip shop a pasting. :laughing:

Rob K:
[Stroll on! :open_mouth: Is there anything you don’t take? :open_mouth:

Yeh [zb] from you!!

Blow up Doll :wink: :wink:

tin/bottle opener

Teddy