Night out gear

Good selection of advice here - one better for the blow up doll is to go to the nearest pub and hitch a bird and kip at hers for the night :wink: - still be loads of mini mes runnning around without the protection if you know what I mean.

Anyways - interview on Thursday - but have a family member there now and have been told that the job is mine no matter what. yippeeā€¦

I will add bog roll and aspirin to the list.

frilly shirt, dancing shoes and strides :stuck_out_tongue:

thecoder0:
Blow up Doll :wink: :wink:

I think its tax deductable as well on NOVA :wink: :wink:

IMODIUM I`l never get caught out again :blush: :blush: :blush:

xlthunter:
Good selection of advice here - one better for the blow up doll is to go to the nearest pub and hitch a bird and kip at hers for the night :wink: - still be loads of mini mes runnning around without the protection if you know what I mean.

DADDY!!!

xlthunter:
Anyways - interview on Thursday - but have a family member there now and have been told that the job is mine no matter what. yippeeā€¦

Sound like there could be relatives just about everywhere :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I always find a Blue Safari Suit , Cream waist belt and White shoes really does it for me with the ladies! :astonished:

Take what I takeā€¦SOD ALL

Coz I donā€™t do nights away.

Ken.

i dont use sleeping bagsā€¦so i carry 2 duvetsā€¦lay on one ā€¦cover myself with the otherā€¦washing gear.shower gelā€¦flannellā€¦shaving gear ā€¦etcā€¦and thats it ā€¦when i park ā€¦its off to the pub for a pub meal ā€¦a few pintsā€¦and crash outā€¦dont need a tv ā€¦although makro does a 12v jobby with built in dvd for Ā£100ā€¦BUT WHO WANTS TO SIT IN THE CAB WATCHING CORRIEā€¦
at the end of the day ā€¦it depends on your money situationā€¦and the list of things to take is endlessā€¦you would need a notherv trailer to carry it all ā€¦i always believe that a wash bag should be allā€¦you need ā€¦along with a clean shirt and pantsā€¦and bosses should pay for hotelsā€¦and give us inconvenience money as wellā€¦but there i go ā€¦dreaming againā€¦

thecoder0:

muslin one then it can blow itā€™s self up :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Take clothes, bedding, wash gear, a cooker if your going to cook in the cab.
I found it stunk the cab out so didnā€™t cook in the cab to often.

Yes a telly or lap top with the limmited time off you do get the last thing you really want to do is stare at a telly all night, I always took a couple of books.

My advice is start with the basics and build it up. the way some of them do it they need an artic just to get their gear to work.

you will know what you need itā€™s all experiance

Good luck with the job.

harry:
paul b Never give a fish & chip shop a pasting. :laughing:

bigger keyboard or smaller fingers required.
smart arse! :laughing:

oddsodz:

thecoder0:

muslin one then it can blow itā€™s self up :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

is that muslin or muslim :question:

Longwayround:

Surely you mean tylenol!!

And bounty is a much better bet than bog roll as you can do all sorts with that.

I donā€™t know why RobK was surprised. I have microwave, slow cooker, water boiler which will cook rice, noodles or soups, and a filter coffee maker. I aim to get a small, mains fridge next weekend and another light inverter to run it constantly. I always carry 4 or 5 cans of potatoes, a box of rice and a few packs of noodles, along with canned and dried vegetables, baked beans, soups and all sorts of other foods. I also carry 6 gallons of fresh water. My circumstances are a little different- blizzards and sub-zero temperatures make you hungry- but that is moot.

If you are going to be tramping all week then what was suggested earlier is a reasonable list. Audiobooks are a must, as are cold weather clothes and insulated gloves. Itā€™s a good idea to carry a sleeping bag in case of emergency.

Oh, and one of those big snap lid boxes to carry it all in.

Harry, you shouldnā€™t encourage people to carry mace, pepper spray is far cheaper so you are less likely to cry when you have to lobb it away to avoid getting nicked.

bobthedog:

Longwayround:

Surely you mean tylenol!!

And bounty is a much better bet than bog roll as you can do all sorts with that.

I donā€™t know why RobK was surprised. I have microwave, slow cooker, water boiler which will cook rice, noodles or soups, and a filter coffee maker. I aim to get a small, mains fridge next weekend and another light inverter to run it constantly. I always carry 4 or 5 cans of potatoes, a box of rice and a few packs of noodles, along with canned and dried vegetables, baked beans, soups and all sorts of other foods. I also carry 6 gallons of fresh water. My circumstances are a little different- blizzards and sub-zero temperatures make you hungry- but that is moot.

If you are going to be tramping all week then what was suggested earlier is a reasonable list. Audiobooks are a must, as are cold weather clothes and insulated gloves. Itā€™s a good idea to carry a sleeping bag in case of emergency.

Oh, and one of those big snap lid boxes to carry it all in.

Harry, you shouldnā€™t encourage people to carry mace, pepper spray is far cheaper so you are less likely to cry when you have to lobb it away to avoid getting nicked.

BOBTHEDOG what you driving mate an SAS army catering vehicle or what :laughing: :laughing:

Nope. Kenworth T800.

Got to have some comforts for these long, lonely nights. :smiley:

Sometimes it can be difficult to find somewhere to eat. A crockpot with some of the listed foods can last me 2 days. In winter you can just put it outside for a couple of hours and it will last days! :laughing:

By the way, one of the miracle cures of recent years which is an absolute must is a pack of immodium. And no, I am not joking. I had a pie a couple of weeks back from a chain truckstop and it did me no good at all. 2 of those tabs dried me up pukka!! :blush: :laughing:

Gold thongs to wear on the way back from the pub :smiling_imp: